After a week... - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-09-2019, 05:05 PM   #1
macedk

Default After a week...

Hi all

being very familiar with the f-16 systems, it is a super early release for me.

The F-18 hornet was quite different and the pace from first access, was better as I was not familiar with the hornet.

My 2 cents has confidence that we will have an awesome jet, hopefully soon, If I was marketing this I would aim before x-mas 2019 for most basic systems.

Being familiar with the systems, I'll happily ignore was is not implemented yet, but to the new guy, my fear is that he will have to relearn a lot and get frustrated. They are videos out compensating for lack of features....please don't tinker in core files In my opinion you will do yourself a huge disservice.

It is just a week old and many of us would have liked a better early version, but we got the f-16....(I have waited since I saw the Ka-50). I bought the F-5 just to get a fast western jet due to cravings

To me I get to see more and more that the F-16 is a air to air jet made into a all round jet with a-g capability . And once we get out of the cobwebs, we will get a pilots jet.

So I fly it right now and it is fun and I can't wait to get more.

Finally We a tons of fans, customers and die hard fans, If you need something tested, maybe it is time to ask more of your community, we are many willing to test things if that mean that we get it sooner.

Me:
1. you could have custom picture on your visa card for 10 usd ..1 f-16 ? no I had a picture of 3!

2. At an airshow...first f-16 question...can the Danish f-16 carry the 600lbs fuel tank ? (yes btw block 15 mlu for the nerds )

3. Have I sat in the jet ...yes have I worn the helmet + the hmcs helmet yes

4. They did an engine change at the airshow...did I watch for an hour ..yes

5. Do I have 500+ pictures of the f-16 from airshow..I stopped counting...

6. Have I simmed the F-16 since 1998 ..yes when and where ever. (made some best mates that way )

7. I'm I looking for a real ..real f-16 danish patch ..yes and have I asked a real danish pilot to
give it up ..yes

8. Am I considering a career as a famous person, bike builder or politician etc, just to get a ride in the real thing .........hehe real cross of non fans gettin' a ride to be honest.

Fan? ..is water wet ? (comon make the solid joke)
Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"
Disk: SSD
Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5

Last edited by macedk; 10-09-2019 at 05:07 PM.
macedk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 05:24 PM   #2
the_soupdragon

Lol. I take it you like the F-16 then Mace

Nice post

SD
Old 10-09-2019, 05:40 PM   #3
rrohde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by macedk View Post
The F-18 hornet was quite different and the pace from first access, was better as I was not familiar with the hornet.
We also got the Viper a lot sooner compared to when we got the F-18's first Early Access release after its announcement.

So, there no complaining here about the current state of the Viper's Early Access release since we've got it so much sooner to have fun with. That said, I cannot wait to see it grow into its full capability over the next coming months,

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz @ 5.0GHz | MSI GTX 1080 TI | ASUS Maximus IX Hero | 32GB DDR4 RAM | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit | Glear: HP Reverb | Jetseat 908 | Monstertech MTX Sim Rig | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.II w/ MCG PRO (center mount) | VKB Gunfighter /w SCG-R Premium (side mount)

rrohde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 05:57 PM   #4
GaryR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrohde View Post
We also got the Viper a lot sooner compared to when we got the F-18's first Early Access release after its announcement.

So, there no complaining here about the current state of the Viper's Early Access release since we've got it so much sooner to have fun with. That said, I cannot wait to see it grow into its full capability over the next coming months,
How long did it take the F-18 to get to it's "full capability" after it's early release (when was that)?
Gigabyte RTX 2080 card w/ 8GB in Alienware Graphics Amplifier - 430.86 drivers
Output to an LG 32GK850G-B 32" G-Sync monitor at 144Hz (VSync on in game)
CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle HOTAS
GaryR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 06:05 PM   #5
Wags
ED Team

Thank you for your support and feedback macedk.

In some ways the Viper release was more complete than the Hornet, and in some ways less. For the release of the Viper we included a much more complete cockpit, targeting pod, helmet mounted sight, AIM-9X and a few other items. However, the Hornet had a damage model, external lights, and a few other items that the Viper did not have. So, it's hard to say that one was more complete than the other at launch.

Thanks
Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 06:08 PM   #6
Sniper175

All good Wags, never knew I loved the viper so much until I flew it in VR. Just amazing.
Old 10-09-2019, 06:15 PM   #7
Eldur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
Thank you for your support and feedback macedk.

In some ways the Viper release was more complete than the Hornet, and in some ways less. For the release of the Viper we included a much more complete cockpit, targeting pod, helmet mounted sight, AIM-9X and a few other items. However, the Hornet had a damage model, external lights, and a few other items that the Viper did not have. So, it's hard to say that one was more complete than the other at launch.

Thanks
I think this was quite a decent early access release. We have more toys to play with compared to the first Hornet week, the only downside really being the lack of that damage model. But I'm sure that it is pretty much at the top of your priority list. And I can say, after a week I haven't tried most of the features yet at all. Did some flying, strafing runs, rocket delivery, CBU-97 drops, luring out SAMs, tried AAR (couldn't see the F/A indicator light of the tanker so I had no good referencing) and did some high and fast flying. No dogfights yet, no BVR, no radar use, no TGP, no navigation via steerpoints... so there's still plenty to do before I could even get the chance to get bored with the module, and while doing so, new features and bug fixes will keep rolling in constantly
Old 10-09-2019, 06:26 PM   #8
SmoglessPanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldur View Post
I think this was quite a decent early access release. We have more toys to play with compared to the first Hornet week, the only downside really being the lack of that damage model. But I'm sure that it is pretty much at the top of your priority list. And I can say, after a week I haven't tried most of the features yet at all. Did some flying, strafing runs, rocket delivery, CBU-97 drops, luring out SAMs, tried AAR (couldn't see the F/A indicator light of the tanker so I had no good referencing) and did some high and fast flying. No dogfights yet, no BVR, no radar use, no TGP, no navigation via steerpoints... so there's still plenty to do before I could even get the chance to get bored with the module, and while doing so, new features and bug fixes will keep rolling in constantly
I wasn't around for the Hornet release I bought it just after the Tomcat was released. As far as the Viper I absolutely love it, a damage model and even a basic IFF and I could fly it for a few months while other systems are truly ironed out without it being a problem for me. As of right now though I don't care, she's a blast it will come when it comes.

Last edited by SmoglessPanic; 10-09-2019 at 06:33 PM.
SmoglessPanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 06:52 PM   #9
TheGuardian

from reading different post, me thinks I should fire of the Vive and fly the Viper this evening......Love this jet either way
TheGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 04:02 AM   #10
donkeyrider

I've been enjoying the Viper immensely since launch. Strangely, I'm getting a kick just from free flying IFR in it and doing ILS shots in different weather conditions. Kind of like an airline pilot The hornet I spent a lot of time around the carrier but otherwise was VFR.

It's interesting how different planes reward you flying them in different ways.
donkeyrider is offline   Reply With Quote