Why is that on some servers the skin feature is disabled?

winchesterdelta1

Why is that on some servers the skin feature is disabled? Has it something to do with cheating? Cause i do not see a performance drop at all, or any other bugs associated with this function.

(I know it's not just personal server choice)

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

Isn't it personal choice? Maybe the mission maker appreciates seeing aircraft that match?

Sent when I have better things to do

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Some aircraft have the same liveries available for many countries. The Mig-21 springs to mind as I believe any livery for it can be available to every country. Theoretically it could be used to hamper visual IFF, perhaps making an enemy think twice about attacking you. Granted that also could work against you potentially causing a teamkill.

I think its important for features like this to at least have a choice available to the server host for whether or not they allow it. I would have preferred for there to also be a setting for it in the mission file or for perhaps a callback for MP scripts to be able to decide whether or not to allow a skin to be used. Considering MP livery selection was part of LOMAC but removed in Black Shark 1, I'm just glad it is back.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I don't really understand it either. If a server has the same plane on both sides, they should already be different countries, which means different skins. I thought it was because they didn't want people picking the other teams liveries, but that wouldn't happen anyway.

104th for example removed the feature completely, which annoys me because now all their MiG-29S's are the same livery we have been using for a year, even though a bunch of really nice ones just came out. Also half their Flankers are the Kazak ones, and now I'm stuck with that too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]