DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the sounds have been noticeably improved, I see the updates in the autoupdate_log_old.txt file for both 1.5.8 and 2.2, so I suppose it must have been there in the previous update already.

Also, the performances are much better! It's especially appreciable in the Normandy theatre and more specifically in a campaign like Epsom, but also on big cities like Las Vegas. It seems to skip frames sometimes, not sure it's just the AV-8B, it seems to be so perhaps it's just WIP on this add-on.

But thanks to that, the Epsom campaign is now playable, at least as far as I could tell from the first mission, that's nice! It's also much more enjoyable thanks to the improved sounds and visual effects like the explosions and flak. :)

Clouds do have more volumetric feel to them, but they are still made of 2D sprites rotating when the user turns the head and they all have the same aspect/size, however I know the meteorology is pretty basic and WIP. This could greatly improve the immersion, just imagine a big menacing TCU! Let's hope it will continue to improve. I never had a carburettor freezing, nor ice on the wings or props, I'm not even sure about the pitot, for example, perhaps I haven't tested enough?

So overall impression, with the latest bug fixes and the Harrier on top, is just great :thumbup:

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Visually there is no denying that 2.2 is a vast improvement over 2.1 , even the wip clouds , cotton buds that they are look more natural and usable that the slices of bread we had before , for me the only real disappointment is the new distant sounds , I feel as if a child was given the task of adding these and in the process "plane far noise" has been cut and also "plane back engine" is now set at a constant volume the latter meaning your engine is roaring at full power or roaring at idle , the one thing DCS jet aircraft desperately needed was more audio strings which seems to have been done but in the process others have been taken away .

Thats a great idea.

Jafa

[sIGPIC]picture.php?albumid=1526&pictureid=9861[/sIGPIC]

I seem to be getting better VR performance now over Normandy, however I had not flown DCS in probably around 3 weeks so don't know if it is in some of the updates and/or running Rift Core 2.0 now.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I've never seen the trees leaves waving as soon as you turn on wind. Or does someone remember having seen that before 2.2?

Nope; that's new indeed.

(What's missing now is the rotor downwash blowing affecting the grass; that currently does not seem to be happening).

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

The surprises never end, it also seems the failures have been fixed in 2.2.0.12448.295!

For a while the system failures in both 1.5 and 2.x have not been taken into account anymore, something I couldn't get reported by ED. Apparently there was a fix for 2.2, hopefully in the next 1.5 too. :)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• ED Team
Bunyap mention that 88mm flakbrust were now implemented in 2.2, so we should "see and hear them" but I were not able to see the effect with 8 guns firing on a flight of B-17s. Have you guys seen it?

They are better in 2.2 but they still seem a little small, and the smoke dissipates pretty fast. I think they are still WIP.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

OMG!, something new I just noticed is that in NTTR, now if you chose a different month of the year (not the default june) the sun shadows on terrain are CORRECTLY PROJECTED!!!!...that's great because we have now kind of "seasons" for NTTR.

Tested a dusk in february at 16:30 and the map feels like totally different now, even the colors of the light feels different!...this+casting terrain shadows on planes and cockpits are great additions!.

Having the same projected shadows was boring and made the map look always the same...not the case anymore!:)

Thanks a lot for this!!:thumbup:

Take a look at my MODS here

OMG!, something new I just noticed is that in NTTR, now if you chose a different month of the year (not the default june) the sun shadows on terrain are CORRECTLY PROJECTED!!!!...that's great because we have now kind of "seasons" for NTTR.

Tested a dusk in february at 16:30 and the map feels like totally different now, even the colors of the light feels different!...this+casting terrain shadows on planes and cockpits are great additions!.

Having the same projected shadows was boring and made the map look always the same...not the case anymore!:)

Thanks a lot for this!!:thumbup:

This right here a HUGE improvement :thumbup:

Update 2017-12-15

DCS 1.5.8.12667 Hotfix 2

Ready for public

DCS World

• MP. Rearm and Refuelling menu will be reset when user makes disconnect/connect.
  • Briefing Window QFE Section corrections.
  • Open mission window. List of mission can be sorted by columns.
  • ME. Corrected an ME layout in the minimum allowed screen resolution.
  • ME. Values stored in the "additional properties for aircraft" and "radio preset" tabs will be inherited from the previous unit for new units.
  • MP. Fixed showing the description and player names for servers with many players.
  • MP. Fixed serverlist error when 'required modules' is too long.
  • Show authorization expiry time when login failed or was cancelled.
  • ME. Additional aircraft options (radio frequencies etc.) will be available in ME even corresponding module is not purchased.

DCS Combined Arms

• Combined arms crash during gameplay (Weapons.dll) - fixed (fix of 1.5.8 beta).
  • CA. F10 map. Fog of War: target mark will not follows target outside of sensors line of sight.

UH-1H by Belsimtek

• Endless and cloned escaping animation when one pilot was died - eliminated.
  • UH-1H without hardpoints will not able to use flares.

NS430 by Belsimtek

• Direct-to should default to current destination waypoint, unless highlighting a different waypoint identifier - fixed.

DCS AV-8B N/A by RAZBAM

• Wing detached pieces shapes included.
  • HUD updates for all modes.
  • AGM-122 FM Update.
  • HUD Day/Night mode updated.
  • MPCD FLIR video misalignment fixed.
  • EFM small bugs fixed.
  • Updated fonts and symbols for MPCD and HUD.
  • MPCD video and HUD video now have green masks.
  • GBU-12 ITER load weight fixed.
  • HUD RWR Symbology added.
  • Aircraft ground stance fixed.
  • Crash when landing two of more aircraft AV-8B on Tarava (fix of 1.5.8 beta).
  • Crash caused by more than one Tarawa ship in ship group - fixed (fix of 1.5.8 beta).

DCS MiG-21Bis by Magnitude 3 LLC

• Remodeled collision model.
  • Fixed minor visibility arguments for pylon and gear door damage.
  • Fixed critical damage flight controls for missing wings.
  • Fixed rudder key bindings.
  • Removed country list from ‘Am’ file.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Harrier: Sidearms seem to be missing model - just all black on rails - look ok when fired.

Gun CCIP Pipper seems to not be working. Bomb Fall line on CCIP pipper missing.

Seems to fly better - higher roll rate than before. Still exploring.

Edited by 3mta3

PC

i7 7700k

Gigabyte Z270

MSI GTX 1070

32gb DDR4

500gb EVO 850 SSD DCS

500gb EVO 960 NVMe SSD Windows

12/22/17 Update

To the Entire ED team

Thank you!

To release this patch, so close to the Holiday's shows True dedication to your customers.

BRAVO!

Please have the BEST holiday EVER!

Enjoy your time off.

You guys deserve it!

All the best

Hawkeye

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

To the Entire ED team

Thank you!

To release this patch, so close to the Holiday's shows True dedication to your customers.

BRAVO!

Please have the BEST holiday EVER!

Enjoy your time off.

You guys deserve it!

All the best

Hawkeye

Russian christmas holidays are somewhere in January if I'm not mistaken ;)

But thanks for the patch anyways ED :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I'm away from home, did the patch fix the stutter in single player?

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2