Introducing the VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG)

rrohde

VKB (like VIRPIL) is a young and small company, and I think they still have to learn how to manage and plan their business. But they give us something we cannot get from the big players. So we should be patient!

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some history

VKB (like VIRPIL) is a young and small company, and I think they still have to learn how to manage and plan their business. But they give us something we cannot get from the big players. So we should be patient!

@LeCuvier, thank you for your healthy and balanced attitude.

There is something I would like to add though.

I know we should be modest and talk little about our history ;) but it doesn't hurt to refresh our memory every now and then.

VKB is not anything young and hardly even small now. VKB has been around since 2004.

It is worth reminding that we were the ones who introduced contactless sensors to the gaming word back in 2004.

Our Gladiator is the world's first - and so far the only one - mass production joystick with contactless sensors on all 3 axes including twist.

By the way, we were also the first company who brought cams to mass-produced gaming devices.

It would perhaps be correct to say that we have been setting standards that were consequently widely copied: all these novelties are now being picked up and used by multiple "young and small" companies (which we don't mind, as we are happy to serve the gaming community).

Currently, with branches in 5 countries (China, Russia, Holland, USA, and South Korea), advanced technology (we're making our own metal molds for casting plastic parts), highest production quality and unparalleled attention to details, as well as (as we believe) best in the world research and development team we are also breaking out of the definition of a "small" company.

We are entering a new stage that will allow us to stop shortages once and forever, as we're planning to keep storages on 3 continents.

Talking about management, I am always happy to hear out a true and real story of a customer who has had problems with it. Please don't hesitate to tell me if you have. :sly:

Edited by AeroGator
  • Like 1

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

You should try to relax, you’re trying too hard for someone not giving a sh*t about the whole story.

As an european customer I can’t say that VKB is flawless when it comes to product availability, it’s always a pain to find informations about products coming back In Stock - their representative need to work a bit on this aspect of the business as he’s hurting the brand.

But you know what ? I don’t care if I have to wait another year to put my hands on their product, to be honest I don’t understand why people are so mad at a company they didn’t even gave their money. If customers were pre-ordering and being charged it would be another story but it is not the case.

Having to wait is more beneficial than problematic. I have more time to save money, I can find another appealing product, I can spend it on something I didn’t even planned, etc. … We’re definitely living a strange time.

• Like 1

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

Didn't you originally say the MCG would be out in May? Now that has moved to December?

There's only been one pre-order announcement, with pre-ordering starting at VKBcontrollers.com on Oct 1, with the initially envisioned release date being Nov. 1 (which now has slipped). Not sure where May comes from in your mind...?

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

There's only been once pre-order announcement, with pre-ordering starting at VKBcontrollers.com on Oct 1, with the initially envisioned release date being Nov. 1 (which now has slipped). Not sure where May comes from in your mind...?

Mostly from post #1 of this thread made by you (below)

VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG) Production Status:

- The development phase has been completed

- The production run of the injection molds is slated for April 2017

- We’re aiming to start shipping towards the end of May, beginning of June, 2017

Again, I'm not trying to create a stink about the delay(s). I understand them, I have no skin in the game on the matter, and frankly it really doesn't matter to me as I will never own a MCG (I don't fly Russian jets) so they could release today or in 2040 and it's all the same to me. That said, I am evaluating other VKB purchases. Regarding the MCG, I think delaying it and launching them with zero issues was the proper call - that's not my point here. I just found AeroGator's comment defending the quality of "management" in rebuttal to someone who was supporting VKB to be a little...off base. He was defending VKB yet he needs to be given a history lesson and corrected? C'mon. He's providing him with a history lesson on how big and mature VKB is as a brand while defending the beginner type mistakes they're making? WTF?

It's obvious things were mismanaged here - look at the facts: you aimed for May/June, you officially announced Nov 1 (5 months behind the original target), then you delayed last minute to Dec 1. That's not exactly a squeaky clean product launch cycle is it? It isn't where I come from, at least. Aero can remain in denial for as long as he would like, but IMO it's a bad look to not own up to mishappenings in all business matters. Even when you don't think something is your fault, you fall on the sword and you take responsibility because people appreciate that at the end of the day. Is the mismanagement of dates a big deal? To me, no not at all. It's a much bigger deal to me to see a brand rep not just own the delay and move on - that's the only thing here that has rubbed me the wrong way. Just take your lickings from your customers and drive towards the release day. When that comes, none of this will matter :thumbup: Telling us how "big" the company is now, or how long it's history is, or how other newer players copy you doesn't change the delay at hand or change the fact customers will be happy once they have the stick in their hands (or that they will be unhappy until they get it)...so I only see it as tactless story telling on his part (and I took it as excuse making, which frankly turns me off a bit).

Good luck to you all in getting the kinks ironed out for December 1st, when the time comes I know you will have plenty of excited customers waiting to put their new MCG to use. FWIW, rrhode, none of this is reflected on you or your your NA distribution. Cheers :beer:

Also...back on topic, I don't want to derail the conversation with actual MCG customers.

Edited by =Buckeye=

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Again, I'm not trying to create a stink about the delay(s). I understand them, I have no skin in the game on the matter, and frankly it really doesn't matter to me as I will never own a MCG (I don't fly Russian jets) so they could release today or in 2040 and it's all the same to me. That said, I am evaluating other VKB purchases. Regarding the MCG, I think delaying it and launching them with zero issues was the proper call - that's not my point here. I just found AeroGator's comment defending the quality of "management" in rebuttal to someone who was supporting VKB to be a little...off base. He was defending VKB yet he needs to be given a history lesson and corrected? C'mon. He's providing him with a history lesson on how big and mature VKB is as a brand while defending the beginner type mistakes they're making? WTF?

Personally, I think you totally misread Aerogator's post, and that got all your feathers kerfuffled. I think he was just correcting an inaccuracy regarding the age of the company, and then went on the flesh out some of their achievements in their long history. Which I, and I suspect, the rest of the community appreciates. No defense, no justification. So, nothing to get all flustered and worked up about. Just ignore it (and, frankly, the whole thread as well, since you are not all interested in the sticks/products let alone contributing positively to this thread), and you will find your life much improved ;)

Edited by Bearfoot
  • Like 1

@Buckeye - I see. The phrase "aiming at" is always a shot in the dark vs. the actual, hard pre-order date that was only announced earlier this month.

I remember how we also discussed in this thread that VKB since went back to the drawing board, expanding the range of MCG products to 3 (MCG, MCG PRO, MCG TM), and adding that pinky button that everyone wanted (after taking in a lot of feedback from the community).

Also, with VKB's desire to support all their controller bases that have swappable grip options, they went out of their way to create 11 different MCG variants to make everybody happy (from Mamba to Gunfighter owners, and everything in between).

All these "beginner mistakes" (as you see them as) took wee bit more time...

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Just ignore it (and, frankly, the whole thread as well, since you are not all interested in the sticks/products let alone contributing positively to this thread), and you will find your life much improved ;)

Not to mention the lives of other people following the thread that will get positively affected by this.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

It's obvious things were mismanaged here - look at the facts: you aimed for May/June, you officially announced Nov 1 (5 months behind the original target), then you delayed last minute to Dec 1. That's not exactly a squeaky clean product launch cycle is it? It isn't where I come from, at least. Aero can remain in denial for as long as he would like, but IMO it's a bad look to not own up to mishappenings in all business matters. Even when you don't think something is your fault, you fall on the sword and you take responsibility because people appreciate that at the end of the day. Is the mismanagement of dates a big deal? To me, no not at all. It's a much bigger deal to me to see a brand rep not just own the delay and move on - that's the only thing here that has rubbed me the wrong way. Just take your lickings from your customers and drive towards the release day. When that comes, none of this will matter :thumbup: Telling us how "big" the company is now, or how long it's history is, or how other newer players copy you doesn't change the delay at hand or change the fact customers will be happy once they have the stick in their hands (or that they will be unhappy until they get it)...so I only see it as tactless story telling on his part (and I took it as excuse making, which frankly turns me off a bit).

Good luck to you all in getting the kinks ironed out for December 1st, when the time comes I know you will have plenty of excited customers waiting to put their new MCG to use. FWIW, rrhode, none of this is reflected on you or your your NA distribution. Cheers :beer:

Also...back on topic, I don't want to derail the conversation with actual MCG customers.

Well, actually aimed to start shipping in late May. Then in the news it was mentioned "Estimated to ship in late September 2017". Then 1st of November and now we are going to wait and see what happens in December. Waiting another month doesn't bother me at all unlike the promises.

When I ordered my Gunfighter in March I sure thought I would be able to get the new MCG grip a lot sooner than this, but it is what it is I guess. Still have it sitting here waiting for it, not going to try it out until I do receive the grip.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Saitek always delivery in time........but ohhh vkb is focusing in quality. and in the past that has hurt vkb in the $ department (I know)

since the cancel of the mamba (because they knew they could do better), but not forgetting the mamba owners (upgrades etc) they show that quality is they objective.

But I see not only quality, I see a brand that will not compromise quality.

I understand more than others how the delays are a pain.

Edited by RFC Rudel

How I can explain......

sexy like the mamba

more modular than a GF pro

Is on priority (next product)

Sounds fantastic! I hope it's the same size/mounting pattern as the Warthog for simplicity purposes when mounting into existing cockpits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Anyone know if there is an adapter for the gunfighter to fit on a Wheelstand like the Warthog stick?

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Anyone know if there is an adapter for the gunfighter to fit on a Wheelstand like the Warthog stick?

Interested in this as well, or at worst an adapter that makes the WSP Warthog adapter compatible with this. I've seen one homemade version that I can remember out of plexiglass, but never anything available for purchase.

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

Yah I think it should be easy to sister a new plate on my Warthog Joystick plate with a sheet of steel

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Is not more easy have holes in Wheelstand base that match Gunfighter base fixation holes, like their actual plate have for Warthog or Saitek's or Wheelstand make a plate for Gunfighter, other for Vipil - that will require a vertical extension (L)?

Or, the stand manufacturer allow options for mount other joysticks models - like Mostertech did, than someone else make an "adapter".

Is not more easy have holes in Wheelstand base that match Gunfighter base fixation holes, like their actual plate have for Warthog or Saitek's or Wheelstand make a plate for Gunfighter, other for Vipil - that will require a vertical extension (L)?

Or, the stand manufacturer allow options for mount other joysticks models - like Mostertech did, than someone else make an "adapter".

I emailed and asked before, they said "Thank you for your feedback. Perhaps it would be a good thing to look into", but in all reality they sounded less than interested by my suggestion...

Who knows though, maybe they will surprise us. I highly doubt it though, why would they care enough to do it?

Edited by =Buckeye=

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

Wheel Stand will charge you about $25 if they decide to make this item that's what my attachment for my Warthog joystick attachment cost

they sounded less than interested by my suggestion

Well, you didn't expect us to turn into an enthusiastic ball of fire, or did you...

We collect all suggestions and I think by now practice has shown convincingly enough that we consider customers' opinion.

Not every idea goes into production. But every one gets looked into.

That's all I can say on this subj.

• Like 1

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

Well, you didn't expect us to turn into an enthusiastic ball of fire, or did you...

We collect all suggestions and I think by now practice has shown convincingly enough that we consider customers' opinion.

Not every idea goes into production. But every one gets looked into.

That's all I can say on this subj.

I emailed Wheel Stand Pro, as Sokol had suggested doing in his post above mine, which I was referencing and providing their email response regarding providing a VKB adapter for their product...so I don't understand your post at all. It had nothing to do with VKB.

Did I expect VKB to be an enthusiastic ball of fire about an email I sent to Wheel Stand Pro? No.

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

I emailed Wheel Stand Pro, as Sokol had suggested doing in his post above mine, which I was referencing and providing their email response regarding providing a VKB adapter for their product...so I don't understand your post at all. It had nothing to do with VKB.

Did I expect VKB to be an enthusiastic ball of fire about an email I sent to Wheel Stand Pro? No.

I was kind of wondering there myself.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|