Regarding the new Mig-29 model and other Mig-29 versions

carss

I think all of us that have the 1.5.4 update on the openbeta might have definitely tried the new Mig-29A model. I certainly think it is absolutely stunning. I have something for the other Mig-29 versions.

Can the new model of the Mig-29S be the Mig-29SMT, not the one with the giant conformal fuel tank, but the one with the slightly larger spine compared to the regular Mig-29A.

231698.jpg

Also can all these new Mig-29s, (and probably the F-15s also) upon total release of the new 1.5.4 update be distributed to the countries they operate in real?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

• 2 months later...
I think all of us that have the 1.5.4 update on the openbeta might have definitely tried the new Mig-29A model. I certainly think it is absolutely stunning. I have something for the other Mig-29 versions.

Can the new model of the Mig-29S be the Mig-29SMT, not the one with the giant conformal fuel tank, but the one with the slightly larger spine compared to the regular Mig-29A.

231698.jpg

Also can all these new Mig-29s, (and probably the F-15s also) upon total release of the new 1.5.4 update be distributed to the countries they operate in real?

Where can I get this skin???

The MIG-29S will likely come later. I hope so because I hardly use the A. But there is no confirmation that it will, unless I am mistaken.

The SMT is fairly different from the S. It uses different avionics, upgraded cockpit and has a considerably thicker spine. The S has a larger spine than the A, but the SMT is notable larger than the original S. For all intents a purposes the SMT requires a lot of work.

I would like to see an FC3 level SMT, but you may as well go all the way and make a MIG-29K/MIG-35. They look nicer and have two extra hardpoints. I'd buy such a module/pack.

For reference, this is a MIG-29SMT:

airforce_ru_mig-29smt_008.jpg

MIG-29S

MiG29S04.jpg~original

MIG-29A

Peter%20Nieuwkamp%20ETSN%2002-05-2011-7.jpg

Edited by Flogger23m
  • Like 1

Why would we get the SMT? It is a modern in-service MiG-29 and it functions much differently from traditional MiG-29s. I will never understand why people think we can somehow get things like the Su-27SM and the MiG-29SMT. They have MFDs and modern (classified) systems.

Plus the SMT is pretty ugly compared to the other MiGs :P

I suppose a MIG-29SMT and Su-27SM may be possible at FC3 level. But we can't be sure. In either case, it won't be a free aircraft given to FC3 owners. I'd pay for a pack with a MIG-29SMT/K/35 and Su-27SM2/35S though.

Add to that maybe an F-15C MSIP II or an F-16 Block 52 or possibly a Block 60

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

• 10 months later...

It never ceases to amaze me how many people are preoccupied with asthetics when capability is what any pilot wants. case in point the Mig-29 SMT. Personally I would welcome it paricularly one with a clickable cockpit. let's face the MiG-29 as a strike platform is a bit of alight weight compared to the Hornet C. As is the "S" is still an A2A fighter. Apparent the Russia's Air Force brass thought so too. I , we, want the most capable sim we can get. Btw, if this sounds like a pitch for the SMT, that's because it is.

Quite an old post necromancy but since we've started.

As far as I understand the newest Russian aircraft that we can get will be probably MiG-23 and still it's a speculation if it's going to be a project and who would make it.

Having MiG-29 would not only be great by itself but basically DCS strives for any modern fully fidelity Russian aircraft.

A good starting point however should be ED clearing the AI database as it's not possible in mission editor to select MiG-29 for countries that had or even still are operating MiG-29.

Now, there are a lot of really great looking Russian aircafts, but SMT:

(sorry, couldn't resist)

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all