VR absolutely transformational!

I forgot to mention, i wear glasses, and i thought, VIVE it's a bit larger

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, if you wear glasses and want to wear them inside the helmet (no contact lenses or 3rd party optic insets), then Vive has more space. I use glasses with the Rift, but I have several pairs of glasses so I could choose the thin ones that fit inside.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Same for me, I have two pairs of glasses : one pair is 14.3 cm wide and though they fit in, they're a bit too wide for the Rift, and they often come with the Rift when I take it off, the other pair is 13.5 cm wide and I almost forget I'm wearing them.

I also have contact lenses and they are of course the most comfortable to use :)

And if your glasses don't fit, you can order VR lens with your prescription. Also, in the Virtual Reality sub-thread in this forum, you'll see many comparisons of Viv vs Rift. Many who have tried both (like me for example)

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I also wear glasses for reading, computers etc. (longsighted) but don't need them in the Rift as I can just lower it a down a bit and it focuses well.

Of interest is the fact I also have contact lenses, but wearing them in the Rift actually makes everything slightly blurry/less sharp when adjusted to best position in relation to wearing nothing - thought that was quite strange as I mostly got the contacts for the Rift.

Will be getting some of the prescription lenses that you clip in (don't like wearing glasses within the Rift) - as while you can adjust the focus by moving the headset up/down - this doesn't solve any rotational differences caused by slight astigmatism. Talking to my optometrist about this and he showed the difference between just solving for the range/focus (by headset height) and rotational correction too - big diff. So thinking I might be able to get a sharper image with complete correction. Of course, wearing small thin glasses inside the Rift would do the same thing lol.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And if your glasses don't fit, you can order VR lens with your prescription. Also, in the Virtual Reality sub-thread in this forum, you'll see many comparisons of Viv vs Rift. Many who have tried both (like me for example)

I could order VR lens with my prescription?

Are you kidding me?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

No, an insert that goes inside the Vive/Rift. Like these: https://vr-lens-lab.com/

There are others.

EDIT: I just saw these: https://vr-lens-lab.com/product/vr-frames-virtual-reality-glasses/

I have the lens inserts, but it's a pain when two people have to use it with different prescriptions. I may get the VR frames. While I re-purposed my kids (small) glasses with my prescription, these VR frames seem more comfortable.

Edited by hansangb

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Hello,

I have a problem with the touchs, when i'm in game, the touchs (hands) are behind me, i try to reset seat postion in vive and oculus, but nothing work, i try center view in game nothing too.

Someone has a solution ?

Thanks

Hello,

I have a problem with the touchs, when i'm in game, the touchs (hands) are behind me, i try to reset seat postion in vive and oculus, but nothing work, i try center view in game nothing too.

Someone has a solution ?

Thanks

Let the Touch controllers go to sleep before launching DCS, then there will be no gloves. It does not take long.

They serve no function in the game - at least not yet.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

No, an insert that goes inside the Vive/Rift. Like these: https://vr-lens-lab.com/

There are others.

EDIT: I just saw these: https://vr-lens-lab.com/product/vr-frames-virtual-reality-glasses/

I have the lens inserts, but it's a pain when two people have to use it with different prescriptions. I may get the VR frames. While I re-purposed my kids (small) glasses with my prescription, these VR frames seem more comfortable.

And if i'd like to order now, the Rift / VIVE, online - Amazon or whatever, do I have to order those lens, separately, from this link you provided ?

What is, actually, Blueguard Coating ? Do I need this ?

There are many specs, like SPH - R, CYL- R and AXS - R ( and same, but for L , i guess left ) and i'm not sure what those specs means

https://vr-lens-lab.com/product/lens-inserts/

Thank you

577603450_lensesspecs.jpg.7842262462d20366bacfcb012f23fb1d.jpg

Edited by Lenux

Let the Touch controllers go to sleep before launching DCS, then there will be no gloves. It does not take long.

They serve no function in the game - at least not yet.

Damn, ok thanks for your help, i wait the support of touch

I try this function under the "Vtol Vr" game

It's amazing to control a plane with the touchs, like a joystick, hand...

Cya

f3n3k, could you please give more details about " It's amazing to control a plane with the touchs, like a joystick, hand " ?

The more i read about VR / specs / etc, the more i'm confused

Thank you

yep for sure, this is a link to a video you explain you all the details

In fact you really control the vtol with your hands, push button, rotate, and you can take the virtual joystick for control the plane.

With the touch in your real hand, you really thinks is the joystick or the crossbar for accelerate the engine.

The game is simplist compare to DCS, but it's very funny

I like to see this function under DCS, please dev ;)

And if i'd like to order now, the Rift / VIVE, online - Amazon or whatever, do I have to order those lens, separately, from this link you provided ?

What is, actually, Blueguard Coating ? Do I need this ?

There are many specs, like SPH - R, CYL- R and AXS - R ( and same, but for L , i guess left ) and i'm not sure what those specs means

https://vr-lens-lab.com/product/lens-inserts/

Thank you

Just pop into your optometrist and ask for your glasses prescription and they will give you a sheet with all those figures on it. They are spherical/axis etc measurements - so the shape of the lens to work for your eye.

Also ask them for your IPD or Interpupillary Distance as you set that in the Rift, and they will have that measurement for you too. For example mine is 61mm.

I have heard that the quality of the VR lens Lab inserts are not that good - check out these guys for another option - heard nothing but good things.

https://vr-lens.eu/oculus-rift-lens-inserts.html

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've got VR lens lab.

The quality is good, but I purchased new "premium" thinner version, that reduces distortion (I do not perceive distortion at all, but cannot make a comparison with their standard lenses). I do not have blue guard coating, I think it's not so important. Knowing your IPD is useless, you can set your IPD in the rift and then put the lenses on. SPH, CYL and AXS are the prescription parameters of your lenses, you must check your oculist prescription. The lenses come from Thailand, so consider it when you order (you could have to wait a couple of weeks).

Edited by nessuno0505

Knowing your IPD is useless, you can set your IPD in the rift ...

Lol...

Also ask them for your IPD or Interpupillary Distance as you set that in the Rift.....

:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What now?

Do I need to know the IPD, or not?

Yes you need to set it in the Rift. Your lenses you have had made will assume that you select the correct IPD in the rift .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

• 1 month later...