Operation "Blue Flag Normandy" - 24/7 WWII PvP Campaign - ROUND 1

xcom

Xcom, things became better. I tweaked my view distance to medium, preload radius doesnt seem to make any difference to me, but I still have about 22 frames(for each eye), while looking the units direction. Else I have stable 45.

Could you disable the clouds at all, so I'll check if that make any improvements.

Edit. Its bad, that we cant take slots from the fields in the middle of the map, such as Chippelle, Cricqueville-en-Bessin & Deux Jumeaux & Cardonville, Lignerolles, etc.

Edited by RFJack

Пилот-камикадзе, поршневод среднего класса.

Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/rfjack

On next server restart (1.5 hours), the mission will start without any clouds.

Please check and let me know.

There's also a setting in the mission file for preload radius, I can try to change it and see if we have any different - next step I guess.

just thought about the ground targets, there nicely done but i think it would be nice if there where some differences from airport to airport to make it more interesting for ground attackers.(i had my fare share:)) maybe add some vehicles that are harder to kill for some airfields or make a different setup on the buildings and such.

it would be great if we could call artillary over the recon menu, but as for now we only have the german brumbär.

cheers!

Edited by rogonaut

Website down..

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Hi xcom,

can you switch me to blue side from red, please.

thanks.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

A lot of fun today on the server.. I hope we'll have more of these treats.. ;)

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Was great today, thanks to all participants!

I noticed some lag on the server and reduced the unit count in the mission from 3800 units to 2800 units, it should also help with FPS.

Let me know if you see improvements in those areas!

yea was nice, a real airbattle:D blue invasion on chippelle~ i really like that blue flag is about team tactics and not just pure dogfighting. now we just need more people on simple radio!

@xcom can u preset the radios for dora and kurfürst to lets say 39, 40, 41, 42? so if we have more wings we can split up comms and get on there frequencies easily if needed. not sure if already done didnt check yesterday.

noticed some lag too, maybe someone was tactical alt tabing^^

it definatly gonna add up when we have more than one wing + tf-51 + commander:P

Why is Chipelle still available for blue pilots but its red at 100% health? Same for Cardonville etc? Am I not understanding the operation somehow or is this a bug?

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

Why is Chipelle still available for blue pilots but its red at 100% health? Same for Cardonville etc? Am I not understanding the operation somehow or is this a bug?

It probably bugged out. That is not supposed to happen. Once an airfield has been captured, only the controlling faction should be able to use it. CUrrently, each faction only has a few airfields they can use e.g. Red cannot use Chipelle even if they control it, it does stop blue from using it.

Ok, makes sense.

Another thing I noticed is that SRS shows for the FuG16 channel 1 and 2 are both on 40 MHz. Historically channel 1 was reserved for the Y Verfahren, but in DCS its not modeled and we could use it as another radio channel.

Edited by rel4y

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

Ok, makes sense.

Another thing I noticed is that SRS shows for the FuG16 channel 1 and 2 are both on 40 MHz. Historically channel 1 was reserved for the Y Verfahren, but in DCS its not modeled and we could use it as another radio channel.

thats what i meant with setting the channels to 39, 40, 41 and 42 MHz in an earlier post, would be kul:)

yea was nice, a real airbattle:D blue invasion on chippelle~ i really like that blue flag is about team tactics and not just pure dogfighting. now we just need more people on simple radio!

@xcom can u preset the radios for dora and kurfürst to lets say 39, 40, 41, 42? so if we have more wings we can split up comms and get on there frequencies easily if needed. not sure if already done didnt check yesterday.

noticed some lag too, maybe someone was tactical alt tabing^^

it definatly gonna add up when we have more than one wing + tf-51 + commander:P

Actually Schnarre already requested the radio channels for red side, I will have a look as soon as possible.

Should not happen, are you sure they managed to go into the slot?

Basically slots are not changed, but selecting a slot is restricted according to the current coalition.

Reminder - check if the new reduction of the number of units helps FPS and lag when we get to around 20+ players.

CU guys in the air

Thanks all for another excellent test yesterday...

We had more than 25 players in the server and at that load we saw lag starting to appear.

This gives us another direction to start investigating further and get it stabilized for more players.

Can you please turn off those labels? They're just ridiculous and it kills the element of surprise which is the most important factor in A2A combat.. "through the canopy SA" is not my philosophy for DCS. At least take into consideration to alternate the usage of the 'magic dot'. Thanks.

Specs:

Settings:

I think there's a problem with capturing the airfields.. Dropped the troops and the repair crate and waited for more than 5 minutes.

It runs much smoother since you've made the latest changes. Good job!

Specs:

Settings: