DELETED

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HORNET 8.3

Good afternoon all

I loved watching your films they are great to I followed your suggestion and downloaded HORNET 8.3 and I kept it all to myself. But easy landing is ok works fine enjoyed doing It, so I moved on to normal, it just gives me a box with missions to join select something I cant go any further as it reckons I need combined arms which I don't have. I presumed it would be like easy but without he green guide lines or is something wrong ?

Havent tried refuelling yet

Heinz

Hi all, due to the exciting frequency and expansive changes to DCS World we settled on a version that was most stable/compatible with the Hornet/Bush/MRTT mods (1.5.6.5199) and made a copy of that install.

The carrier mods are extremely complex and we are now maintaining a clean DCS World for updates and new aircraft. Our fingers are crossed that we will have a much more advanced Hornet soon.

• 4 weeks later...
As a reward to the loyal fans of PLAT videos we have uploaded a public version of the flyable F/A-18C Hornet mod created by ISVA (Thanks Morkva, Slebdeff).

With the mod you get also all my best US Navy mods from the past decade:

- The USS George H W Bush CVN77 (I did the paint) with PLAT cam and VR alternate LSO views. Includes the Anubis Meatball and LRLS and CDP Kobras amazing 3D work.

- My RAAF paint and Aussie female refueller voice mod. (Affects UKR IL-78M)

- My integrated manual into both the Huey and Hornet which has detailed MGRS maps for parts of Nevada, PLAT cam crosshairs for standard monitors, Oculus Rift and 4K monitors, Various Hornet NATOPs pages.

- My highly detailed VFA-113 Stingers and (NEW) VFA-83 Rampagers paint schemes.

The in game manual with the overlays is a real break through as it allows you to have the same PLAT cam crosshairs you see in our videos IN GAME. Just jump in a Hornet, hit ESCAPE and select the manual.

muthaload.jpg

As mentioned earlier VFA-83 is our new squadron that will be under Stingers operating procedures in our airwing (CVW-17, tail code NA). This is why VFA-83 are 400 series modex (not 300) and NA (not AG) tails.

Interested pilots can now download the mod and log into teamspeak and express their interest in joining.

Shhhhhhhhhh.....Only for readers of this thread, don't tell anyone ;)

EDIT : You can use JGSME, please no whinging, if you don't like it uninstall it and delete it. This mod represents years of work and you're getting it free.

Outstanding Work.

• 1 month later...

Thanks very much guys, that’s very nice of you.

We’re not the original creators of everything in the package, there is a great community here :)

We’ve just managed to net together a lot of the best stuff from some really great people.

Here’s our latest PLAT film which features our newest US Navy mod.

Per NATOPs aircraft hold over the carrier in a Port Holding Pattern. We use this on departure from the ship to all join up before each flight heads to target. Joining means flying to the middle of the pattern and flying out on the lead aircrafts ‘bearing line’ before crossing under.

A lot of new pilots tend to chase the leads tail in a ‘sucked’ rejoin.

We wanted to improve this skill to get faster join ups and better tanker joins, so have made a new external view and alignment overlay. It’s like a PLAT cam for wingman rejoins.

We’re all a bit shaky at it but am already seeing a lot of improvement.

Re3pbmuODfo

Edited by JAR VFA-113 STINGERS

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure why your taking jabs at other squadrons. But VF-2 isn't part of CVW-8. Nice costume though...

Edited by Greekbull

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Always enjoy the videos! Have you guys tried the LSO view in DCS 2.2 lately, it is now a PLAT cam view with camera viewpoint in the wires and in black and white video. All it is missing is the crosshairs. I think ED is up to something for the Hornet release and thought you guys would want to know. Cheers

[sIGPIC] "GOONIE" [/sIGPIC]

"GOONIE"

CSG-1 VFA-25

• ED Team
Wow great find, I was unaware of this! Thanks brother will check it out :)

It is very W.I.P at the moment.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3328433#post3328433

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2