Having problems with msffb2 trim - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-06-2017, 01:12 AM   #1
bumfire

Reputation power: 124
bumfire has much to be proud ofbumfire has much to be proud ofbumfire has much to be proud ofbumfire has much to be proud ofbumfire has much to be proud ofbumfire has much to be proud ofbumfire has much to be proud ofbumfire has much to be proud ofbumfire has much to be proud ofbumfire has much to be proud ofbumfire has much to be proud of
Question Having problems with msffb2 trim

I just picked up a msffb2 stick.

It works in all other games ai have but I am having trouble with dcs.

In the ka50, what version of trimming should I use ? Default, centre stick trimming or joystick with no springs or ffb ?

I ask because I have tried them all and I am still having problems for example.

If I try to fully deflect the stick to the right and trim, the stick will automatically deflect to full left ?

Also instead of the stick staying where I trimmed it at, it always goes back to centre 99% of the time.

I thought if I trimmed it at a certain position it would stay there and I could take my hand off it and when i put my hand back on the stick it would still stay in position, but it doesnt work like that, mines seems to keep wanting to go back to centre.

Plus I dont get any feedback from firing guns or hitting the deck hard

How do I set this thing up ?

Cheers

Edit

Using windows 10

Last edited by bumfire; 08-06-2017 at 01:23 AM.
bumfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 06:36 AM   #2
Holton181

Reputation power: 3
Holton181 will become famous soon enoughHolton181 will become famous soon enough

There is an option elsewhere in the settings (I don't remember the tab) you have to tick for it to work, named "use force feedback" or something, and then use Default trimmer mode.
i7-3820 3.60GHz (OC4.75)
P9X79 Pro
32GB
2xGTX 670 2GB
VG278H + a Dell
PFT Lynx
TrackIR 5
Holton181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 07:24 AM   #3
finch

Reputation power: 1
finch is on a distinguished road

check only the swap axis option in the force feedback tune panel
finch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 05:47 PM   #4
bumfire

bumfire has much to be proud ofbumfire has much to be proud ofbumfire has much to be proud ofbumfire has much to be proud ofbumfire has much to be proud ofbumfire has much to be proud ofbumfire has much to be proud ofbumfire has much to be proud ofbumfire has much to be proud ofbumfire has much to be proud ofbumfire has much to be proud of

Its weird because the stick always wants to recentre itself most of the time, not always.

Also if i am in the ka50 on the ground and fully deflect the stick the left and trim, it stays there, if I fully deflect to the right and trim it fully deflects to the left and nearly breaks my wrist at the same time.

This is the only game I have problems with, I have tried the ffb axis invert, havent tried swap axis but the stick ingame is following what I do with my stick, up it goes up, down it goes down and left and right.

It just seems to be a trimming problem

Also, even though the joystick works in windows 10 i do not see it anywhere in usb devices or device manager, I havent installed the drivers as I was told I didnt need to as they were already in windows 10.

Will try the swap axis and will get back to you, thanks.
Old 08-06-2017, 06:06 PM   #5
Headwarp

Reputation power: 2
Headwarp is on a distinguished road

Default trim options in "misc." or special. check swap axis in ffb tune...not invert.
Headwarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 06:43 PM   #6
Ranma13

Reputation power: 5
Ranma13 has a spectacular aura aboutRanma13 has a spectacular aura aboutRanma13 has a spectacular aura about

You need to do this for any aircraft you fly in DCS.
Ranma13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 07:34 PM   #7
bumfire

Thanks all, will try the swap axis as soon as I can get time to fly.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:21 AM   #8
bumfire

Finally figured it out, i had to disable the spring feedback feature as that was making the stick always recentre when the sensor beam was broken, which inturn made flying not good.

So, a quick swap axis and turn spring all the way down to 0 in ffsim app and boom, am now shooting peeps in the face again but my tir is down, just waiting for a replacement so i can get fully back into the game.

Glad I finally figured out the recentre problem, also thanks to the peeps who suggested to swap axis.

Much appreaciated.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:11 AM   #9
Ranma13

Reputation power: 5
Ranma13 has a spectacular aura aboutRanma13 has a spectacular aura aboutRanma13 has a spectacular aura about

Most people put a piece of tape over the sensor so that the FFB is always on. This way it doesn't instantly snap the stick as you move your hand on and off it.
Ranma13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 12:40 PM   #10
bumfire

Never knew that trick, ahwell I fixed it by disabling the spring force in simffb i think its called, so it has done the same thing but the tape trick will come in handy for games that simffb dont work on.

Tags
msffb2 problems