Last minute purchase DCS

Dirty Mittens

Ok, down to the wire with the DCS sale.

What multi-crew aircraft would you recommend for a "jump in and fly" module?

I have no problem with startup procedures, but for guest purposes I'd like to keep it simple and able to get the aircraft started and ready to taxi within 15 steps that can be followed on a cheat sheet.

I'm looking for something that is relatively bug free, it doesn't have to have a gun though it would be nice if it did

I guess I'm looking for something to potentially entertain non-DCS/ non aviation guest with that demonstrates simple aviation but also something that I can get use out of since I will be buying two copies.

Edited by Dirty Mittens

L-39 fits the description.

Not sure what's the multicrew status on the C-101CC.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Oh wow missed it. No biggie, same question still applies.

Since you're buying at full price, maybe just buy two tomcats and impress the guests!

Still expensive but Heatblur offers a promotional dual license on their webstore.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Since you're buying at full price, maybe just buy two tomcats and impress the guests!

Still expensive but Heatblur offers a promotional dual license on their webstore.

That's not a bad idea. My hype for the 14 has died down, but now that everything is back to normal pricing, it might be the best time to purchase it.

I was also looking at the CE II, the price is perfect. But it looks like an absolute handful to fly? I'm not sure how a aviation noob would handle it?

I was also looking at the CE II, the price is perfect. But it looks like an absolute handful to fly? I'm not sure how a aviation noob would handle it?

I haven't gotten a lot of time in her yet, but she's not that difficult to fly in my opinion.

She's very nimble and needs a light touch, but that's it in terms of difficulty.

But she is still in Early Access so there may still be some bugs / mistakes.

From your OP, I too would recommend the Albatros.

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

Not many on the multi-crew list to pick of? L-39 is the obvious one, and while C-101 seems to be good it's less mature.

Too bad we don't have any really good multi-crew helicopters. Going through the Mi-8 startup with 3 crew seats and a ton of switches on all walls, and the ceiling, and down consoles, together with all the DC/AC buses etc systems that need to be powered up before you're airborne and ready to deploy weapons systems *sigh* that would leave an impression I'm sure :lol:

That said, the gazelle has been succesfully used as multi-crew and it can be a blast as well.

Edited by Varis

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS