Pilot Skin Color and Gender

Boneski

It would be nice to have some options in this area...

I understand that voices would be hard to do for radio comms and localization...

But it would be a nice to have where we could change the skin color of the pilot that better models diversity or at the very least a pilot model that that is full covered with gloves and maybe even a turtle neck shirt with mask and visor down with no skin showing at all.

Just and Idea.

My mission is to fly, fight, and win. o-:|:-o What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.

Do you guys fly your aircraft from the cockpit or from the external view? :huh:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

I dont fly sim aircraft in DCS to be reminded of the petty and absurd, I fly it because its my special escape from the droll and everyday crap that regularly comes up in this over serviced, over accomodating, politically correct world that thrives on victimhood and idiotic motherhood statements.

If you can mod and do this fair enough go for it. But otherwise Im for keeping the cheap politics and PC crap out of our sim.

Im sure there are plenty of other electronic diversions that can accomodate this line of thought, no matter how gender challenged or racially confused our pixel pilots are.

Thanks

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

I dont fly sim aircraft in DCS to be reminded of the petty and absurd, I fly it because its my special escape from the droll and everyday crap that regularly comes up in this over serviced, over accomodating, politically correct world that thrives on victimhood and idiotic motherhood statements.

If you can mod and do this fair enough go for it. But otherwise Im for keeping the cheap politics and PC crap out of our sim.

Im sure there are plenty of other electronic diversions that can accomodate this line of thought, no matter how gender challenged or racially confused our pixel pilots are.

Thanks

Exactly! We've got lots of technical problems in DCS that need to be solved, before we think of the pilots being represented in political, racial and gender correctness.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Exactly! We've got lots of technical problems in DCS that need to be solved, before we think of the pilots being represented in political, racial and gender correctness.

^^^ This.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You're response is completely overblown and ridiculously over the top compared to his actual request. There are pilots of every skin color on earth... so, his request would be a move towards greater realism in DCS. You would welcome different skins on aircraft but not on the men and women that fly them? There was nothing "petty and absurd" about his post/request.... but you're post appears to be.

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

It would be nice to have, but I think it is something that should come after things like bug fixes and module development. So, +1 for the idea, but keep the priority for it lower than bugs and modules.

Owned Modules: F-16C, MiG-19P, CEII, F-14, Yak-52, F/A-18, SA342, UH-1H, AV8B, AJS-37, F-5E, MiG-21, Spitfire, M-2000C, F-86, MiG-15, 109 K-4, 190 D-9, P-51D, FC 3, Ka-50, A-10C

Owned Terrains: Persian Gulf, Normandy, Nevada

Owned Campaigns: Operation Piercing Fury, Operation Epsom Campaign

Controls: Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals, TrackIR 5

Computer Build: ASRock AB350 K4 FATAL1TY, Ryzen 5 1600, EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 FTW, G.Skill Flare X 32GB 2400

Why does every wishlist topic have to be cluttered with discussion about priority? You have no say in that anyway, that's up to developers.

We can choose a name, patch, squadron (in logbook) and aircraft skin (by the way... you can't see that from cockpit either). P-51 already has different races for pilots. So why not. People like to roleplay.

If you think that selecting gender and race is some kind of correctness, you might be projecting your own issues. ;) I mean... do you think the same when you start any other game and get greeted by a character customization screen? :doh:

Yes, it's something that can be done, when DCS is bug-free and when all the aircraft we asked for are included in DCS.;)

...;) I mean... do you think the same when you start any other game and get greeted by a character customization screen? :doh:

Well, those games are concentrating on characters, not aircraft. :)

Thanks

1000 percent this, well said:music_whistling::thumbup:

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

You can barely see your pilot because they're covered in a flight suit anyway. You fly from the first person, and you're limited in zoom from the outside.

For reference, this is our Mig-21 pilot.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/upload/iblock/e53/CU2.png_Thumbnail0.jpg

This is a female Mig-21 pilot

https://nationaldefence.in/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/flying-officer_bhawana_kant_flies_MiG21_bison.jpg

This is an Egyptian Mig-21 pilot wearing the VKK-6M pressure suit

https://i.redd.it/2l31zhvulo6z.png

This is the most of your Mig-21 pilot that you can see in your aircraft

https://www.gavox.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/IMG_5664-1.jpg

And this is a woman wearing the famous VKK-6M Pressure suit. Included because this is one of the few flight suits where you can even see the pilot's face.

https://assets.catawiki.nl/assets/2017/1/16/f/1/b/f1be3baa-dbff-11e6-8e9d-9fa368a5e4ad.jpg

Do you see why people think this is a waste of time?

I know this is a wishlist thread, but there's nothing stopping you from modding the current pilots to look any way you want. You can even change around the voice files. It wouldn't even be that hard to do considering most of your pilot is concealed by the flight suit anyway.

You can barely see your pilot because they're covered in a flight suit anyway. You fly from the first person, and you're limited in zoom from the outside.

For reference, this is our Mig-21 pilot.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/upload/iblock/e53/CU2.png_Thumbnail0.jpg

This is a female Mig-21 pilot

https://nationaldefence.in/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/flying-officer_bhawana_kant_flies_MiG21_bison.jpg

This is an Egyptian Mig-21 pilot wearing the VKK-6M pressure suit

https://i.redd.it/2l31zhvulo6z.png

This is the most of your Mig-21 pilot that you can see in your aircraft

https://www.gavox.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/IMG_5664-1.jpg

And this is a woman wearing the famous VKK-6M Pressure suit. Included because this is one of the few flight suits where you can even see the pilot's face.

https://assets.catawiki.nl/assets/2017/1/16/f/1/b/f1be3baa-dbff-11e6-8e9d-9fa368a5e4ad.jpg

Do you see why people think this is a waste of time?

I know this is a wishlist thread, but there's nothing stopping you from modding the current pilots to look any way you want. You can even change around the voice files. It wouldn't even be that hard to do considering most of your pilot is concealed by the flight suit anyway.

ikr.

This is another one, dunno if you other others remember the earlier thread by a different user from last year ( i think)

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Thanks

Christ....get off my lawn!!!! :lol:

I agree with the OP.

We already have black guys flying the Red-Tail Mustangs so why not let DCS players choose their pilot's ethnicity or gender?

Just use your talent and edit your own skin-face that fits your prefferences.

There are plenty of paint software choices to do so.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

This

and This

You're response is completely overblown and ridiculously over the top compared to his actual request. There are pilots of every skin color on earth... so, his request would be a move towards greater realism in DCS. You would welcome different skins on aircraft but not on the men and women that fly them? There was nothing "petty and absurd" about his post/request.... but you're post appears to be.

It's not about his request - I find it ok. But he even mentioned that diversity thing more in a political way, then in a normal request. So I understand Struts response fully ;)

1000 flights, 1000 crashes - perfect record

I would like to have the pilot models included as ME-usable assets in the infantry tab to set up things like CSAR missions. Since that would give the pilots a little more visibility I would actually welcome the possibility to have multiple possible appearances to choose from.