captflyby

It may just be something I'm not doing correctly:

Master Arm On

A/G select

Stores / MAV / targeting screen

Hold down the sensor select and slew triangle with the TDC

Problem:

Can't get the TDC to lock anything up.

Occasionally it will lock "something" up, but certainly not the target I selected.

Sometimes can't get the triangle to move at all.

What am I doing wrong?

65F Targeting Problem

Same here. Already complained about this. Can’t get a good lock until 3-5 miles away.

Also to be clear, you’re not holding the sensor select. You press sensor select left to bring the TDC diamond to video screen. You hold the TDC Down (enter key I think?) to slew the seeker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Eagle7907

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Same here. Already complained about this. Can’t get a good lock until 3-5 miles away.

Ain't that realistic range where AGM-65 seeker can lock on something? (Based to AGM-65A & B range tests locking only at 3-4km ranges)

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

It may just be something I'm not doing correctly:

Master Arm On

A/G select

Stores / MAV / targeting screen

Hold down the sensor select and slew triangle with the TDC

Problem:

Can't get the TDC to lock anything up.

Occasionally it will lock "something" up, but certainly not the target I selected.

Sometimes can't get the triangle to move at all.

What am I doing wrong?

I have not noticed that problem. Simultaneously use «press» and «control of the designator in any of its directions» to move the designator. I'm blocking and attacking 11 miles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOUZn_dXzEU

I may be wrong, but I do that and it works.

[ATTACH]200473[/ATTACH]

Edited by atazar

Wow I'm not having any problems.. fly in at 30,000 ft and get a good lock at 13nm and killing them pesky SA19's before I get spiked from them

Master arm on

A/G

SELECT MAV, and then select again for seeker head

Senser select to the DDI page your on.. Will be marked via diamond top right of page

Uncage

Hold TDC in and move the pipper over target let go of TDC

Lock - Rifle

* if your using WPTGT unselect it via S helps alot

Acer Predator 500 Laptop i7 8750 @ 3.9MHz /16GB DD4 / GTX1070 / 256 SSD

Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3FtEcJlj_34i3IVqx6pE_w?view_as=subscriber

Fonz I did everything you stated...maybe just set up wrong.

Tenkom I am using TM Warthog controllers.

I have the 4 sensors mapped to the thumb button on the left of the joystick, with the center depress button as the TDC depress.

I then have the castle switch set as the TDC slew button of choice.

My cage/uncage is set on the throttle.

I found I could not hold down the "TDC depress" switch AND slew the TDC on the other castle switch, on the joystick, at the same time. So I mapped another TDC depress to the throttle.

I uncage, hold down the TDC depress on the throttle, and slew the TDC on the castle switch on the joystick.

Should I hold down the TDC depress while slewing or just bump it once, release it, then slew.

Honestly there are times when the triangle won't move at all for me.

Very frustrating.

Thanks for you input. Will try all advice and get back with you.

Ain't that realistic range where AGM-65 seeker can lock on something? (Based to AGM-65A & B range tests locking only at 3-4km ranges)

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

It’s realistic for an optical seeker. The 65F is infrared seeker. It should be able to find targets much easier than the optical seeker.

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

It's working...you can't just press the TDC then release it and start slewing...TDC must be held while you are slewing...if you start at about 15-12nm out at around 15k, put airspeed at around 250-270kts, engage ATC so it will pull back throttle automatically to keep you from gaining speed too quickly on the dive... place seeker triangle on the area and start looking for "white dots"...then see which way your triangle is drifting, hold down "TDC Select TGT" and slew reticle so that when you release the TDC, it drifts right over the White dot and it should SNAP to a lock, hit pickle, rinse, repeat

It’s realistic for an optical seeker. The 65F is infrared seeker. It should be able to find targets much easier than the optical seeker.

I remember that in Iraq they couldn't use IR version because it couldn't detect anything as temperatures were too high, and electro-optical versions were required to be used.

Of course this is different thing at sea where ships are large and temperatures are not demanding...

--

OK I just spent 2 hours trying to get the IRs to lock on the the target "of my choice".

MA on

A/G select

MAV IR selected

MAV selected 2nd time to get TV

SOI on DDI w TV

ATC for speed 350

ALT hold for 5K

10 nm out try to select target coming up

Uncage

Hold down the TDC depress

Slew triangle to target

Try to lock by releasing the TDC depress

Some targets lock on, other do not. No rhyme or reason - to me at least.

Next time I guess I'll skip the TV and just point the centered triangle at a target and see how that goes.

If that doesn't work, I'll just let those of you who can, use the IRs.

They worked like a charm in the Harrier.

In the 18 they are a pain in my butt.

Thanks for all the input guys.

Next time I guess I'll skip the TV and just point the centered triangle at a target and see how that goes.

I fly the diamond on top of the target and then 'pickle' depress, which 90% of time locks.

When no lock be sure you're aware of the offset between diamond and VV and keep diamond steady in the area then slew with depress.

Pickling the target is waaay easier when getting close, slewing is OK on quite the distance.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Fonz I did everything you stated...maybe just set up wrong.

Tenkom I am using TM Warthog controllers.

I have the 4 sensors mapped to the thumb button on the left of the joystick, with the center depress button as the TDC depress.

I then have the castle switch set as the TDC slew button of choice.

My cage/uncage is set on the throttle.

I found I could not hold down the "TDC depress" switch AND slew the TDC on the other castle switch, on the joystick, at the same time. So I mapped another TDC depress to the throttle.

I uncage, hold down the TDC depress on the throttle, and slew the TDC on the castle switch on the joystick.

Should I hold down the TDC depress while slewing or just bump it once, release it, then slew.

Honestly there are times when the triangle won't move at all for me.

Very frustrating.

Thanks for you input. Will try all advice and get back with you.

you need to hold down the TDC and slew, when on top or very close let go of TDC

Acer Predator 500 Laptop i7 8750 @ 3.9MHz /16GB DD4 / GTX1070 / 256 SSD

Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3FtEcJlj_34i3IVqx6pE_w?view_as=subscriber

Don’t forget to zoom the Mav seeker in. Makes it much easier to spot targets!

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I usually just point my hud indicator thingy on the enemy and uncage and usually it locks up just fine. Trying to lock up with Warthog throttle "nipple" is really hard, at least when you have the depress button on that nipple as well.
IIRC the December newsletter mentioned ED searching fix for that.

--

Spent another few hours pointing and trying to lock on. No good.

The bottom line for me, is that the IR MAV does not lock onto the target "I want it to lock on to". It will eventually lock "something" but that's no good in combat.

Beta work in progress.

Will move on and use the old faithfuls until this is worked out.

Spent another few hours pointing and trying to lock on. No good.

The bottom line for me, is that the IR MAV does not lock onto the target "I want it to lock on to". It will eventually lock "something" but that's no good in combat.

Beta work in progress.

Will move on and use the old faithfuls until this is worked out.

IR Mavericks were famous to lock on bushes and other non-targets.

There is a reason why laser guided ones are the most used ones.

--

--

Yes. I absolutely love the laser MAVs. Dead on accurate. Can't wait until we can "self lase".

--

I like them too. However, I wish the laser spot/distance bug would be addressed. Seems to me it’s being slightly limited to its full potential without this fixed.

I like them too. However, I wish the laser spot/distance bug would be addressed. Seems to me it’s being slightly limited to its full potential without this fixed.

This for sure. :thumbup: The 8 Nm limit is frustrating.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

I have the TM warthog. I slew with the TDC and use the boat switch for the TDC depress. Everything works pretty OK after I got the axis setup to acceptable levels.

1) However, I'm not sure how the locking should happen? Currently I slew the cursor on the target. I release the depress, and the missile tries to get a lock. If the lock fails, the cursor starts automatically slewing up, and I have to manually slew it down again. Is this correct behavior?

2) Also, is there a fast way to shoot at multiple targets that are close to each other? I mean without having to slew a lot and find the targets again.

3)Earlier I liked to use the WPTDSG button on the MPCD to find the exact targets points. However, with MAVs, that function makes it impossible to slew at all. Is there another way, besides of disabling the WPTDSG before an attack run?