MiG-15/F-86 Campaign Announcement

Bought the moment I saw the trailer, honestly say this looks very interesting and gives me a great excuse to use the Mig15 and Sabre again. Although I may need to clean off the bird droppings and the nests out of the intakes, they have both been parked up in the hanger so long. :O

Also just wanted to second on here the comments on out a coop Campaign. It really is sadly lacking, all these amazing aircraft and we can only fly together on random missions.

PLEASE ED, we are begging you.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to you, Apache :)

Looking forward to play it with the Sabre, possibly without having to buy the MiG-15.

Same here.

The trailer was awesome! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Really looking forward to acquiring this on payday.

Can we get confirmation if the sabers is required? I have no interest in this aircraft personally and just want a quality Mig 15 campaign.

It's not a total deal breaker for me if it does require it but I can see it being for a lot of people.

V.O.D.K.A. Squadron: Northern Wolves - Red ones go faster!

Really looking forward to acquiring this on payday.

Can we get confirmation if the sabers is required? I have no interest in this aircraft personally and just want a quality Mig 15 campaign.

It's not a total deal breaker for me if it does require it but I can see it being for a lot of people.

Generally I would imagine you wouldn`t need to, as just by owning MiG-15Bis it doesn`t state "missing modules" or such. Still waiting to be 100% sure though

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Generally I would imagine you wouldn`t need to, as just by owning MiG-15Bis it doesn`t state "missing modules" or such. Still waiting to be 100% sure though

I've got the Sabre, and when I try to buy the campaign, it tells me it 'Needs another product'. Don't you get the same if you've got the MiG-15 ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've got the Sabre, and when I try to buy the campaign, it tells me it 'Needs another product'. Don't you get the same if you've got the MiG-15 ?

Nope, I can add it to my basket without problems, suppose I can buy it as well, just don`t want to risk it if I was forced to buy a F-86F as well. Are you sure that you`r not logged out by a mistake?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm still working on seeing if I can find an answer to all of this confusion.

In the mean time, Briefing Documents, and more, have been posted in the campaigns Sub-Folder.

- Apache600

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

Nope, I can add it to my basket without problems, suppose I can buy it as well, just don`t want to risk it if I was forced to buy a F-86F as well. Are you sure that you`r not logged out by a mistake?

No, I double-checked, I was logged in. Odd if it's not symetrical with MiG-15 owners.

Apache will probably find the right answer soon, I'll wait until then. Thanks Apache, and sorry if this causes you trouble :noexpression:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No, I double-checked, I was logged in. Odd if it's not symetrical with MiG-15 owners.

Apache will probably find the right answer soon, I'll wait until then. Thanks Apache, and sorry if this causes you trouble :noexpression:

Sorry, I lacked precision : It says 'Requires another product', but I can still add it to my basket too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I couldn't be more excited to see that the campaign has finally released. And I am working to see if I can find those answers to your questions about the verbiage of the release (whether you need both aircraft or not)

Once the sub-folder for the campaign is created in the "DLC Campaign's" section, I'll make a post that has links to all sorts of helpful resources. Those resources will initially include larger downloadable mission briefings for every page to every mission, and also a video walk-thru for one of the more challenging missions later in the campaign.

Thanks again everyone!

yep, DCS is forcing people to buy both planes, while you suffer, I like many only own one, you designed a campaign that could be flow with either the mig/86 NOT BOTH, lol. Yet DCS wants the few people that are willing to pay, pay for a plane they have no intent on using, only to get this campaign working.

Sorry man, but it'll teach other devs to make all campaigns separate

hint hint :)

Then you'd have the folks who own both modules complaining that they have to buy two identical campaigns. :lol:

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Has anyone with a single airframe purchased the campaign and been unable to fly it? I'm seeing a lot of speculation but not much else.

single airframe here, CANNOT even purchase it, will not allow you to

Seeing a lot of folks say they're able to add it to their basket but are hesitant to pull the trigger because they're worried they won't be able to fly it.

You're saying you put it in the basket and tried to purchase it and the store wouldn’t let you?

If so, hopefully this is simply an oversight...while I own both airframes it would certainly be a pity if folks who didn't were unable to enjoy Apache's work. I can't imagine it's a deliberate move by ED to force people to buy a plane they may not be interested in, especially since both are 3rd party modules. ED doesn't stand to make a large profit even if that were the case.

large profit or small, still, profit. I hear what you're saying, I cannot even add it to the cart/basket at all.

And if its an oversight them I'll be corrected but knowing how these things work, Apache could even tell ED that both are not required to play this campaign, they found a way to profit some more, so they won't change it.

Prove me wrong ED, please :)

thanks

Interesting, several others have posted they are able to add it to their basket and just receive a warning that additional products are necessary.

I seriously doubt there is any malicious intent here as you seem to think but thankfully it's not my job to convince you otherwise :lol:

Good luck, hope you're able to play the campaign one way or another.

For the people that are having the issue of not being able to buy it because of a single airframe, which airframe do you own?

The reason I ask is because if this is just affected F86 owners it would make sense as the campaign started off as a Mig15 only mission. If that's the case, that that might help ED / Apache figure out the issue. If this is affecting Mig15 owners as well, then I'm out of ideas.

For the people that are having the issue of not being able to buy it because of a single airframe, which airframe do you own?

The reason I ask is because if this is just affected F86 owners it would make sense as the campaign started off as a Mig15 only mission. If that's the case, that that might help ED / Apache figure out the issue. If this is affecting Mig15 owners as well, then I'm out of ideas.

Yes, its the f86 I own. have zero desire to even try the mig :)

but if you're saying the game uses both planes for a long story style campaign well then I'm sorry, I was wrong. It just seemed as that the stories were separate, my bad

Hello everyone,

First of all, my apologies for a late response, I've been busy with real world work all day.

Secondly, I was able to get a hold of Wags, and unfortunately my fears about compatibility are true. As of right now, you must own both the MiG-15 and F-86 modules in order to play this campaign. I want to reassure everyone that this is, in no way, a ploy by ED to force a purchase of an aircraft you may not want. Rather, this is a miscommunication during our initial conversations months ago, and I'll take the blame for that.

The way modules, keys, and all that "behinds the scenes stuff" works,, is that since this is a campaign for two platforms, you do need both. Imagine there's a FC3 campaign, and you want to fly it, but you only own 1 of the 6 aircraft. It wouldn't work because you would need the other 5 aircraft as well. That's the best analogy I can come up with right now.

Rest assured that I am working with Matt, and ED, to figure out a way that I can get this campaign to those of you with only 1 of the 2 aircraft. This was my initial intention, and I will work to make it reality.

Again, I sincerely apologize for the current confusion, and hope to soon see it remedied. Thank you all, for your understanding.

-Apache600

Edited by Apache600
Spelling ... originally typed on cell phone

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

Hello everyone,

First of all, my apologise for a late response, I've been busy with real world work all day.

Secondly, I was able to get a hold of Wags, and unfortunately my fears about compatibility are true. As of right now, you must own both the MiG-15 and F-86 modules in order to play this campaign. I want to reassure everyone that this is, in no way, a ploy by ED to force a purchase of an aircraft you may not want. Rather, this is a miscommunication during our initial conversations months ago, and I'll take the blame for that.

The way modules, keys, and all that "behinds the scenes stuff" works,, is that since this is a campaign for two platforms, you do need both. Imagine there's a FC3 campaign, and you want to fly it, but you only own 1 of the 6 aircraft. It wouldn't work because you would need the other 5 aircraft as well. That's the best analogy I can come up with right now.

Rest assured that I am working with Matt, and ED, to figure out a way that I can get this campaign to those of you with only 1 of the 2 aircraft. This was my initial intention, and I will work to make it reality.

Again, I cencierly apologise for the current confussion, and hope to soon see it remedied. Thank you all, for your understanding.

-Apache600

I get your analogy, as long as what you're saying is correct, when I get this campaign, there is no choosing what plane to fly, the story flows and each mission might require me to have the mig15, which I don't.

That makes sense.

Obviously if that is not the case and you can indeed choose the plane, well then, again it makes zero sense and I just feel bad for you.

Hello everyone,

First of all, my apologise for a late response, I've been busy with real world work all day.

Again, I cencierly apologise for the current confussion, and hope to soon see it remedied. Thank you all, for your understanding.

-Apache600

Thanks for the explanation. Would it be possible to divide them into two seperate campaigns? One for the F-86 and one for the MiG-15?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

With my little FC3 example from the post above, it's not the best example, just one that I could come up with quickly. With The Museum Relic, you pick either to fly the campaign with the F-86 OR the MiG-15. You will not be intermixing aircraft half way through the campaign. However, if you have both aircraft, you can choose which plane you want to fly the campaign with.

The problem is with how the campaign installs into the DCS folder. If you own just the MiG-15, then when the campaign is installed, there's no where for the F-86 side of the files to go, since your version of DCS has no F-86 folders. When you go to the Main Menu, and click "Campaign" you will see all the aircraft that you own, and all their associated campaigns. But you can't see campaigns for aircraft you do not own. Just like when you're customizing your flight controls. You only see the aircraft that you own in that list.

I'll be posting all of this in the "Need *both* planes" thread as well, just so I don't leave people out of the know there. Just in case they don't come over here to read this long thread.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for a great Campaign Apache.

Never had so much fun in the '15 since I bought it.

Sadly, getting trashed at mission #16 by the fact that one has to be inside a enemy plane tailpipe to see them in DCS I call done.

Was a great ride until now though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Glad to hear you're enjoying the campaign! Feel free to start a new thread about issues or difficulties you may have with a mission (just so we don't clog up this thread, and potentially spoil something for someone who didn't expect seeing that content here). I can get more specific on giving you tips then too.

- Apache600

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]