F-16 A, B, C, MLU

Frank00

Does anyone know which F-16 block 20 MLU have internal jammers (if any)?

Some games/simulations present/have this capability but I have not found any indication of block 20 MLU having additional antennas, needed for internal jammers.

The RDAF F-16 block 15, upgraded to block 20 (currently) have sensors and antenna on their weapons pylons;

Royal%2BDanish%2BAir%2BForce%2Bhave%2Breturned%2Bto%2BDenmark%2Bafter%2Ba%2Byear%2Bof%2Bservice%2Bat%2BAl%2BJaber%2BAir%2BBase%2Bin%2BKuwait%2Bto%2Bfight%2BISIS%2B1.jpg

But I do not know if they are for jamming or part of the RWR. The round sensors are suppose to be for missile launch detection and A models F-16 (block 20 and below) do not have RWR antennas on the wing leading edge flap (LEF) so it would make since to add them there but I'm not sure.

On some block 52+, it is easy to see the extra antennas, some examples;

F-16I

Note the antennas on the intake lights, below the intake, on the side of the nose, etc.

Same on Singapore newer F-16C 52+

Similar on the ROKAF KF-16 52

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Tnnx1H4jTPc

Edited by mvsgas
dead link

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

-zFrUyG07ow

They always push on the nozzle, always...:doh:

One of the reasons F-16 get confusing, pilots describing things they don't fully understand. :D

Edited by mvsgas
dead link

To whom it may concern,

Does anyone know which F-16 block 20 MLU have internal jammers (if any)?

Some games/simulations present/have this capability but I have not found any indication of block 20 MLU having additional antennas, needed for internal jammers.

The RDAF F-16 block 15, upgraded to block 20 (currently) have sensors and antenna on their weapons pylons;

But I do not know if they are for jamming or part of the RWR. The round sensors are suppose to be for missile launch detection and A models F-16 (block 20 and below) do not have RWR antennas on the wing leading edge flap (LEF) so it would make since to add them there but I'm not sure.

Possibly Denmark and Norway use pylon solutions - if you check out the TERMA brochure it takes a modular approach so you can have internal ECM or expendables on 3/7 as well as the IR detectors. (Not saying they do - an indication might be lack of ECM pod in combat)

[ame]http://www.terma.com/media/105019/two-pager_defense_air_pylon-based_ew_solutions.pdf[/ame]

http://www.airforce-technology.com/news/news122569.html

Belgium originally had a Carapace internal ECM fit in some (had a bulge under the intake) that may have changed.

But I do not know if they are for jamming or part of the RWR.

They are for jamming. There are basically two types..

- PIDS+ a pylon with integrated missile warning sensors(3) and chaff dispenser.

- ECIPS+ a pylon with integrated missile warning sensors(3) and ECM.

...which can be used in combination - i.e. PIDS+ on one wing and ECIPS+ on the other.

Edited by Seaeagle
removed manufacturer pdf(same as attached to post above).

Cool, thanks.

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

Looks like as of 2009, Norway F-16 still used external ECM,

http://www.f-16.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12950&p=160742

When did they started to use the pylons AN/ALQ-162?

Don't currently have anything on whether ALQ-162 is included for those forces - Odyssey Dawn 2011 photos show them with ALQ-131s but some do seem to have modified pylons at that stage.

http://www.f-16.net/g3/f-16-photos/album37/album09/674_007

http://www.f-16.net/g3/f-16-photos/album37/album09/664_001

The Netherlands might be getting the PIDs type pylons also but no particulars on whats included:

http://www.janes.com/article/58996/airbus-ds-to-fit-milds-f-missile-warning-system-to-dutch-f-16s-and-nh90s

Interestingly that nice 2002 NG pdf you found does actually mention Norway to receive some units.

Edited by Basher54321

Looks like as of 2009, Norway F-16 still used external ECM,

http://www.f-16.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12950&p=160742

When did they started to use the pylons

I don't know about Norway, but ours(RDAF) have used them for some time - PIDS(with chaff dispenser) on station 7 and ECIPS(with ECM) on station 3. IIRC I have seen them on Belgian F-16s as well.....not sure if I remember correctly though.

Note However, that the further developed PIDS+ and ECIPS+ (with the missile warning sensors) are quite new, so I wouldn't be surprised if we are the only ones using them so far.

Thanks guys, I can't rep :(

To whom it may concern,

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

Notice on the approach, the pilot is constantly adjusting the throttle.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

m4F7snVJYrI

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

qsCa_Qhqt9w

To whom it may concern,

Some people consider the F-16 block system complicated. But the more I read and learn about different aircraft, the more I see how common the block system is, but for some reason we all (myself included) tend to ignore other aircraft blocks. It is also harder to find information.

Some examples;

F-4 Phantom (info taken from AirTime Publishing, F-4 Phantom Spirit in the skies)

- Block 1 to 5- F-4A (A.K.A. F4H-1, later F4H-1F, 45 built)

- Block 6 to 28- F-4B (F4H-1, 649 built) and all the modification of these like the EF-4B( one converted), NF-4B (2 conv), QF-4B( 25 conv), RF-4B (F4H-1P, 46 converted), early F-4C (F-110, 583 built)

After this it gets convoluted with RF-4C (503 built), EF-4C( 36 conv), F-4D (825 built)

- Block 31 to 67- F-4E (1389 built)

- Now several other versions like the F-4EJ, F-4EJ kai, RF-4EJ, RF-4EJ kai, RF-4E, etc.

- Other like the Navy F-4G (12 aircraft first flown in 1963) and the USAF F-4G (116, first flown in 1975)

So many other versions and modification

Other examples; P-47 (info from Dogfights by Tony Holmes)

P-47B 171 built,

P-47C (602 built) block 1 and 2 which are subdivided by RE (Farmingdale factory) and RA (for Evansville)

P-47D Block 1 to 40

etc. etc.

Imagine how complicated it is for aircraft like the BF/ME-109 or the Mig-21?

Anyway, back to the videos;

ssiqkcQNL7k

YoYmTwkAesw

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

Edited by mvsgas
dead link

To whom it may concern,