Pressong F10 while in VR is a death sentence

DeTesla

Honestly, i love DCS in VR, its gives you a situational awareness that is unlike anything before in FlightSims. I love it!

However, the laggspikes that persists till you quit\restart the game, caused by most prominently switching between F1 and F10, and the random lagg in MP, makes this literally unplayable.

My rig is in my signature for those of you who wonder if my specs are up to date.

The effects are mostly shown by that the oculus rift drivers is desynced with DCS, by looking left and right, DCS cant keep up, so you see the "window" of blackness in your peripherals.

I've seen this brought up many times before, and thats all fair, its good that it gets known, but my question is: Why is this even still a thing ?

Enough time has passed to allow ED-devs to recognise a problem, then find a solution to patch up the preformance issue.

Are they deaf to user input ?

Norwegian Rotorhead w\ All Helicopters

Watercooled AMD FX-8350 | Geforce 1060 6GB | 16 GiG DDR3 | Warthog Everything w/ pendulum pedals | Rift VR

Watercooled AMD Ryzen 9500X | RTX 3080 12GB | 64 GB DDR4 3600mhz | Warthog Everything w/Pendulum Pedals | Rift VR (CV1)

Well, the reason why you see such delays is mainly your system. Are you using a SSD ?

The CPU is not what you need for DCS, neither is the 1060 6GB suited for VR.

Nonetheless, even with high end systems VR has it's limitations but they are not the same as what you encounter.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I am running DCS off a SSD yes.

Thing is, its not my system, because normally i can fly nearly lagless on the Aerobatic server MP, even fully populated.

Its when i switch from F1 to F10 and back again it nearly always happens. Its like russian roulette "Do i want to risk it just to see where i am relative to the map"..

No, my rig is fully capable of running DCS lagfree, singleplayer shows that enough with 40-50 FPS..

Norwegian Rotorhead w\ All Helicopters

Watercooled AMD FX-8350 | Geforce 1060 6GB | 16 GiG DDR3 | Warthog Everything w/ pendulum pedals | Rift VR

Watercooled AMD Ryzen 9500X | RTX 3080 12GB | 64 GB DDR4 3600mhz | Warthog Everything w/Pendulum Pedals | Rift VR (CV1)