Mission 1

spiddx

Again minor stuff:

When you get the coordinates, VO says GG340792 (correct) but subtitle dispays GG340972.

And we already talked about the Sukhumi/Senaki mixup. :)

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

• 2 weeks later...
I keep getting CDU input error when I type in the coordinates. I am obviously doing it wrong :/

Are you changing the mode from L/L to UTM prior to entering the MGRS info?

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Hey schurem, glad you grabbed the campaign!

I'm your biggest fan man, love your work!

I did own the original but never got around to flying it, so eh, i'll just jump in with this new one. Only just started out but it's looking (and sounding)great so far!

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

Just started. Loved the twist on mission 1. One thing I noticed was when I was trying to get situational awareness of everyone lining up to land, everyone's spoken call sign (Dodge 1, Dodge 2, etc) does not match their group ID in the TAD. It was a little confusing, but I figured out who was who. It was also a little tough to understand the female (Dodge 2-1) as her recordings seemed to echo a little. Not as clear of a recording as the other voices.

I'm really curious as to which voice is yours. Perhaps you'll share with us?

Also, in the 1st mission,

once reaching the smoke I set up autopilot to just keep me in a big circle around it, perhaps 3nm radius, without ever crossing over it. I waited, and waited, and waited (perhaps 6-8 circles) for the next radio transmission. Given the pace of radio transmission prior to this point, I figured something was up, so I just decided to cut right over the target, which I think was the trigger that finally caused my wingman to require a change of underwear.

I'm not sure if I caused it to trigger by flying over the smoke, or if it finally timed out, but if it was the proximity, perhaps I may suggest to change the trigger to allow for a 3nm radius? I didn't want to approach and fly directly over due to possible AAA or ManPADS, so I kept my distance at first.

Loving it. Can't wait to continue. I bailed from 2.2 after completing M11 Scramble, which I also thought was amazing, but knowing that 3.0 was already loaded on my PC, I just couldn't continue. Perhaps I'll return to 2.2 at some point.

I hope you don't mind some constructive feedback as I continue. Part of my job IRL involves providing feedback for new products, so it's sort of baked into me :)

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

Hey, I always welcome feedback as it helps me to improve my campaigns.

As for Group ID - there is no way to set it up or change it in ME. I mean you can edit it, but it isn't saved. The only way is to add units in a correct order, which is not always possible. So you can expect this mismatch in future missions too.

My voice? It is later in the campaign as Hunter 1-1, starting from M02.

As for the spoiler - yeah. You played it safely, but the script is as is :D glad you figured it out.

Not blaming you for switching from the old to the new version, it is much much better :)

Looking forward to hear more!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 2 months later...

Hey,

Thanks for that campaign that seems incredible ! For the moment Im am kinda stuck in this first mission because the manpad wont spawn, no matter what I do (overfly it several times, wait loooooong and more)

Do I do something wrong ? Or is it a bug ?

Thanks for your help !

Quick question, which version of DCS do you run? Stable or OpenBeta?

You can find the version number in the lower right corner of the DCS main screen.

There was a very recent report about the same problem, quite possibly it's tied to a specific version of DCS.

Just had the same problem. Flew right over the smoke a few times as well as around it. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. Waited so long that three red ambulances showed up. The VOs are great though and really add to the missions.

Hey guys, there is a bug causing the MANPADS to fall through the roof inside the building. They cannot see anything and thus cannot shoot at you :( I submitted the bug and the fixed version of the campaign to ED.

Sorry for the inconvenience - I hope this will be addressed in the next update.

As you are right at the end of M1, if you want to progress I suggest that if the MANPAD does not shoot - just land. The campaign will progress anyway.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Came here to report the same problem, and I am happy to see there is a fix in the works. I am running the very latest version of Open Beta. I enjoyed mission one even with the problem and I look forward to the rest of the campaign.

Processor : Intel Core i7 7800X (3.8 - 4.2 GHz) . Motherboard : ASUS TUF X299 . Memory : 16Gb DDR4 1333 . Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super (+100 CC +700 MC) . Install : DCS on 500Gb SSD . Screen : 3440 x 1440 display with GSYNC . Control : TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro Pedals, Naturalpoint Track-IR . Software : VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro, DCS BIOS