Virpil throttle now has 5-way hats (4-way + push) instead of just 4-way hats

Ranma13

I just got my Virpil throttle in yesterday and I noticed that the 2 side hats and the one under the index finger changed from 4-way hats to 5-way hats, with a new hat design:

dzfz3nHl.jpg

I posted about it over at Reddit:

According to one commenter, it looks like the older version was being sold up until the end of January, and the new change started with the February batch. This is actually an unwelcome change for me, as I vastly prefer 4-way hats over 5-way hats. The new hat is now raised about 4mm instead of being almost flush like how it is on the T-50 grip, which makes it feel less like a tactile 4-way switch and more like a really short joystick. I also find that the additional height makes it hard for me to use the pyramid hat comfortably because the base of my thumb will rest on the new hat, and I have to take care not to accidentally move it. The hat under the index finger also feels very mushy with no tactile feedback compared to the other 2 on the side, which feel like proper tactile buttons.

Currently, the only place where this change is reflected is the Rest of World store, with the EU store still showing the old renders and description for 3x 4-way hats. I really wish Virpil communicated this change out to us before stealth implementing it, as I wouldn't have purchased the throttle otherwise.

To me it is. I'm very peculiar about how the hats feel, and I bought the throttle in large part because it's supposed to have 4-way hats. I've already mentioned two problems I've had with the new hats that I noticed within seconds of using them. I also can't return the throttle because the shipping back to Belarus will cost me over $450.

I'm currently looking for replacement hats. The one on the T-50 stick seems to be super-glued on so I can't remove it to see how it'd feel, so I might have to end up shaving down the stem on the new hat so that it sits closer to the base.