VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Ah-Haa!! Thanks for that. I figured out that I had to taxi right up to the runway. But I was not crazy, there was something wrong. :doh:

EDIT:

Just noticed that your link was for the Stable version. We were playing the OB. But I still figured out that I needed to taxi to the 'correct' runway! LoL

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

@zaelu Good tips. Re the FINISH step there's something on page 28,

for consolidation of commands in VA look for this

multipart_orig.png

I am really sorry Hollywood but... for me it does not compute (I don't wan't to say makes no sense cause it might sound offending :) ) what is said there in your post, in the manual and in the message I had received after update. :D

Let me make my self a bit more clear. It seems to me that that category which is collapsable received some updates in the keywords editor from the small LCtrl+LAlt+C window and I need to make them reflected in Voice Attack Vaicom Pro Profile which I have to do it manually.

1. Open the editor of the profile. done

2. Collapse the "Keyword Collection" done

3. incomprehensible/not doable.

I can't do nothing to that category. All I can do to it is collapse it.

I think I am supposed to select all the commands at once in their corresponding "When I say" field delete them all at once then paste all the new commands at once.

How am I supposed to do that?

Edit

By a simple accident I reached the screen where that category is collapsed but still it shows a single line... the manual should not only have simple instruction but also some ques with what exactly will happen next not some steps after... double clicking and pressing that button do almost the same thing, very easy to confuse them especially without something to look afterwards.

Double clicking on that single line opens the window where there is nothing to select in "When I say" but it does seem to be some invisible text there that I can go through blindly with the cursor and arrow keys... I can "select all"... blindly and then pressing del with place the cursor at the beginning of the space with no invisible text now... then pressing Ctrl+V does nothing... ads nothing.

Edit 2

I managed to make it at some point select an invisible text... delete it then paste a new invisible text.

Then pressed Apply and Done and new window appeared. like in the picture attached

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.6980ffb9f10efe7e7706f8eb2dbcb450.jpg

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

@Chriscache Make sure to clear the field with Ctrl-A, Delete.

The ** should not be there, reset your database if it doesn't go away.

@zaelu After you consolidated it looks like this:

consolidated_orig.png

Double-click the consolidated command and execute step 3.

Hope it computes :)

EDIT: the field shows blank, but the content is actually there.

This is a known VA graphics bug and should be ignored as stated in the pop-up window.

Just close with OK and done.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Yes! That picture needs to be in the manual imho!

Also stated clearly it is some invisible text you delete and some invisible text you paste. Also a mention about that last window that all is OK and not abnormal.

edit

And another mention I think it would be useful. By pressing pressing that yellow FINISH button some text is copied to clipboard (right?) so it is highly advisable not to press print screen or switch task to "MS Word" or something and fill the clipboard with some other stuff by accident or that operation will silently fail. I pressed Print screen to document the steps... :lol:

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

MS Recognition Profiles

Hi guys,

I got two mics in use. One for 2D flight and one for VR (the rift mic obviously).

So M$ supports different "Recognition Profiles" which you can train individually.

Question 1: Is it necessary to have and train a profile for each device/mic? I would guess so but am not sure.

Question 2: How does this work when training the VAICOM keywords? Does this also have to be done for each profile/mic?

Question 3: Is the training data stored somewhere? Ideally so that it can be saved and reloaded after a windows install? Or is this already even stored in the profiles?

Thanks!

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Hi guys,

Question 1: Is it necessary to have and train a profile for each device/mic? I would guess so but am not sure.

Question 2: How does this work when training the VAICOM keywords? Does this also have to be done for each profile/mic?

Question 3: Is the training data stored somewhere? Ideally so that it can be saved and reloaded after a windows install? Or is this already even stored in the profiles?

Thanks!

1. I have 2 mics also. My Rift and Headset. They both work. I don't think you need to train a profile for each. But if you have problems you could try it?

3. There used to be a program called WSRProfile.exe that could backup your Recognition Profile in Windows, but my link on my desktop(Win10) says it's no longer there. I read online that MS no longer supports it. But your Speech Recognition Training files are located here, and you could back that up.

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Speech\Files\TrainingAudio

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

1. I have 2 mics also. My Rift and Headset. They both work. I don't think you need to train a profile for each. But if you have problems you could try it?

Thanks Snacko, that's good to know. I don't have problems but was wandering about the best procedure as I am about to retrain everything after a fresh windows install. The question is basically if the trained profile depends on the used mic or mostly on the speakers voice. I would guess that with every mic the recognition is a bit different. But if you have no probs by training once and use different mics, it sounds like the effect of the mic is negligible.

3. There used to be a program called WSRProfile.exe that could backup your Recognition Profile in Windows, but my link on my desktop(Win10) says it's no longer there. I read online that MS no longer supports it. But your Speech Recognition Training files are located here, and you could back that up.

Thanks again :) I'll check the location. I downloaded the "Speech Recognition Profile Manager Tool" here. It looks like it's working okay in Win10 but I did not test it extensively yet.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

I still think is not working

I get this message now after again the message I have to reupdate the commands etc appeared.

1863196597_DesktopScreenshot2019_01.27-02_06_40_91.thumb.jpg.ea45460e370f36f69b6b9bdd85bff687.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi guys,

Thanks!

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=22358

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hi Hollywood et al.

I got an issue with the F10 radio menu. I have a mission with multiple client slots running on my local machine. When I select a slot the first time, all commands exported from the F10 menu work as expected, which is nice :)

However, as soon as I select another slot, which has the same F10 menu, the commands are not passed to DCS any more. I can see in the Voice Attack window, that the command is properly recognized but no action is performed in DCS.

When I change back to the first slot which had been working in the beginning, the commands are recognized but also are not passed to DCS any more.

So, it looks like changing the slot in the same mission causes some trouble with the F10 radio commands.

Note that this happens only with the F10 commands. Standard commands such as addressing a Tanker work after switching slots back and forth.

I am trying to update the Keywords, but cannot locate the AI Communications command line in Profile spoken in VA. It is not there anywhere.

( OK, Found it. It is called ( Keyboard Collections) and then AI Communications comes up.

Edited by chaser199

Win10 64bit Intel Core i7 5930 3.5GZ /GA-X99-UD3-/HX1000W PS/32GB DDR4 2400MHz 1080 FE 8Gig 1TB-SSD-/ 2TB HDD-TM WH-TM MFD's- Combat Pro Pedals-Oculus Rift CV1

OK, after last today update problem persisted so I've done a keywords database reset, restart... reload database, FINISH then edited the profile and this time it worked no more message about double quotes characters.

Edited by zaelu
bad typ0

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Speech recognition profile backup & restore tool: (link is on first post):

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3351588&postcount=173

Take a look my mods :joystick: 

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin

@FF OK I'll look into that one, need to see what triggers the F10 reset on switching aircraft.

Thanks, let me know if I can help :thumbup:

One more question:

I got the same F10 menu structure in different missions but sometimes the commands are shifted because another menu was loaded before.

So for example in mission A, I have:

F10/F1 Carrier/F1 Request Marshal

While in mission B, I have:

F10/F1 Range/F1 Some other stuff

F10/F2 Carrier/F1 Request Marshal

I reckon the exported commands do use a specific F10-->FX-->FY sequence, right?

So when I export and add the keywords from mission A it would not work in Mission B even if the command "Action Request Marshal" would be the same.

Also, can I replace the "Action" by something else or would that not be a good idea?

In the editor you can remove the 'Action' word or edit it into anything you like: it's just there to easily find imported F10 commands.

The plugin doesn't send key sequences like F10-F1-F1, etc. Since menu contents constantly shift in DCS that doesn't work.

Instead it uses a different technique with a unique ID for each menu command independent of menu state.

An imported F10 command would theoretically work the same in a different mission/server if the assigned ID is the same (not tested but feel free :D).

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

@Vampire Well that's not caused by VAICOM PRO but by DCS itself.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3770894&highlight=viacom#post3770894

Of course you can use the plugin to disable the menus altogether.

Note that even with disabled menus via the plugin, menu access and control are still available on-demand through the Options voice command.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

In the editor you can remove the 'Action' word or edit it into anything you like: it's just there to easily find imported F10 commands.

The plugin doesn't send key sequences like F10-F1-F1, etc. Since menu contents constantly shift in DCS that doesn't work.

Instead it uses a different technique with a unique ID for each menu command independent of menu state.

An imported F10 command would theoretically work the same in a different mission/server if the assigned ID is the same (not tested but feel free :D).

Great, I was hoping you used something more fancy :D

For me it did not work yet though. The "request marshal" command is only recognized when it is at the same position where I exported it (F10-F2-F3).

If I remove another menu which was at F1 and the request marshal command befomes F10-F1-F3, the script still recognizes my voice command but the action in DCS is not triggered. This is from the log (debug mode) where it did not work.

4:19:44 PM - Listening suspended

4:19:44 PM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 release'

4:19:43 PM - TX1 | SEL/AUTO: [ F10 Menu ],[ ],[ ] Action Request Marshal [ ] [ ]

4:19:43 PM - Constructing message...

4:19:43 PM - Specific recipient called, instant select mode = False

4:19:43 PM - TX1 SEL/AUTO: Radio 39 COMM2: ARC-210 AM 264.000 MHz tuned to recipient Mineralnye Vody

4:19:43 PM - TX1 SEL/AUTO: Radio 39 COMM2: ARC-210 AM 264.000 MHz tuned to recipient CVN-74 John C. Stennis

4:19:43 PM - TX1 SEL/AUTO: Radio 38 COMM1: ARC-210 AM 305.000 MHz tuned to recipient FA-18C_hornet

4:19:43 PM - Matched imported F10 menu command.

4:19:42 PM - Have result, identified as importedmenus : Action Request Marshal

4:19:42 PM - Captured sentence: action request marshal

4:19:42 PM - Recognized : 'action request marshal' (Confidence 93)

4:19:37 PM - Listening resumed

Hi, I just did the new but something has gone amis. All of the entries are there but there is no longer AI Communications against any of them anymore. I tried re-installing the Vaicom folder into Apps without luck. It was just working an hour ago and still recognises everything I say (I just don't get the prompt (or beep) so I don't know what's happened.

Any ideas, chaps? Thanks

It's Ok, I got it, I had to re-import the vap file. Losing all my other saved commands. Ah, well

Edited by mr_mojo97

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Hollywood,

Don't know if you can do anything about this:

When one switches to another profile in Voice Attack , like when running a different game that have a profile for, then switches back to the Vaicom Pro profile - when pressing the Tx button gets an error message:

"UNABLE TO INVOKE PLUGIN, 'VAICOM PRO 2.5'. PLUGIN NOT VALID FOR THIS VERSION OF VOICEATTACK."

However if close Voice Attack and open again with the Vaicom Pro profile loaded, then all works fine. That message can be misleading...

Course that may be a Voice Attack issue and not a Vaicom Pro issue, just wondering if it was anything you could do something about?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I have an issue with the Mig 21 module. When I order my flight to 'go finger four' my character says the words but the wingmen do not respond and do not carry out the order. I am on the right channel because they do respond to other commands. When I give the order to 'go finger four' trough the menu they do respond and carry out the order.

Hollywood,

Don't know if you can do anything about this:

When one switches to another profile in Voice Attack , like when running a different game that have a profile for, then switches back to the Vaicom Pro profile - when pressing the Tx button gets an error message:

"UNABLE TO INVOKE PLUGIN, 'VAICOM PRO 2.5'. PLUGIN NOT VALID FOR THIS VERSION OF VOICEATTACK."

However if close Voice Attack and open again with the Vaicom Pro profile loaded, then all works fine. That message can be misleading...

Course that may be a Voice Attack issue and not a Vaicom Pro issue, just wondering if it was anything you could do something about?

from website faq:

Q: I get this message: 'UNABLE TO INVOKE PLUGIN, PLUGIN NOT VALID FOR THIS VERSION OF VOICEATTACK' ,what do I do?

A: You see this message when you have switched profiles in VoiceAttack. VAICOM PRO works with just one profile and switching is not needed. Select the correct profile i.e. 'VAICOM PRO for DCS World', restart VoiceAttack and things will be back to normal.

Take a look my mods :joystick: 

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin