VPC Configurator Software

Cyph3r

I have made the 3 dials on the throttle send different logical buttons based on the position of the 5 way selector as a shift state. All was well until I needed to use logical button 82 and up. I just cannot get above 81 to be pressed. Its as though I am locked out.

Is there something going on because I need almost all of the logical buttons for what I am doing (96)

edit It turned out to be a failing usb hub that was supporting all the devices. i replaced the hub and all buttons working.

Edited by backstab

• 3 weeks later...

After the Firmware update - Which profile do I load?

VPC Base_MT50 + Grip_TMWarthog [PCBv01].cnfv07
VPC Base_MT50 + Grip_TMWarthog [PCBv03].cnfv07
VPC Base_MT50 + Grip_TMWarthog [PCBv04].cnfv07
VPC Base_MT50 + Grip_TMWarthog [PCBv05].cnfv07
VPC Base_MT50 + Grip_TMWarthog [PCBv06].cnfv07
VPC Base_MT50 + Grip_TMWarthog [PCBv07].cnfv07

How do i know which PCB version my stick has?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 months later...

The latest beta version of Virpil's Software provides 128 buttons and a lot of bug fixes:

https://forum.virpil.com/index.php?/topic/558-vpc-configuration-tool-test-releases/

Virpils's support was on more time spot on from both time response perspective as well as how it solves my issue. Good job guys!

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

Try here. The newest firmware now includes VPC rudder as well as TM F/A-18 grip in the setup.

https://forum.virpil.com/index.php?/topic/666-no-response-from-several-axis-and-buttons-on-t-50cm-after-first-setup/

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

• 2 weeks later...

New configurator released, peeps:

https://forum.virpil.com/index.php?/topic/558-vpc-configuration-tool-test-releases/

VPC_Software_Setup [20190628]

Release Date: 28th June, 2019

Changelog:

• Reworked Profiles setup
  • Option to split single controller into multiple 32 button virtual devices
  • Throttle axes software double lock method updated for better accuracy
  • Fixed axes value 14bits, code optimization improved firmware performance

Get it while it's hot! :)

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all. Not sure if this is the right spot for this but I have just received my Warbrd base and am combining it with a TM Warthog Grip.

Unfortunately when I go to update the firmware it gets stuck on "Step 1/5 Waiting for Bootloader". I was careful to specify the correct path to the required .hexc file before starting. Any ideas?

If no-one can help you here, I'd suggest posting in Virpil's Tech Support forum:

https://forum.virpil.com/index.php?/forum/3-virpil-controls-english-forum/

Or simply use the contact form on the shop page, they are usually very helpful.

btw guys, there's a new firmware release and VPC configurator, as well - 23rd July.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

I had the same issue and it took me forever to realize that I had to highlight the joystick in the top left box there before I clicked on the firmware button. Sorry I can’t give a better description, I’m not near my PC. I’ll post a screenshot when I get to it.

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick

• 2 months later...
I'll aim to get the shift/mode dial sections typed up by the end of the week.

That is a long week! Over a year now! :)

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• 1 month later...

Hello

I have been searching for hours and can't find another post regarding a similar problem.

I have purchased a WarBRD base. I have downloaded the latest version of the config software (VPC_Software_Setup [20191105]

Release Date: 5th November 2019) and following the instructions carried out the firmware update, however when I go to create a profile and select the base/grip the only choice for the base I get is VPC BRD Pedals.

This obviously prevents me from continuing with the setup.

I have tried using older versions of the software (July 2019), running as admin, unplugging all other USB devices, disabling all of the other devices and programs that I can and nothing changes.

Any help would be much appreciated.

*****SOLVED AS BELOW IN CASE IT HELPS ANYONE ELSE*****

Accessed the "hidden options" (right ctrl + F12) in the configurator software, in there was an option to force it to recognise the PCB in the base as the correct one instead of BRD pedals. This allowed me run configurator as normal afterwards.

Edited by Skilgannon506

• 3 months later...

So, I'm trying to configure my throttle, and low and behold.. the manual is nearly blank and hasn't been touched in a year and a half. That's pretty poor support for a $400 item. Virpil, you need to get it together. This sort of thing directly affects your reputation.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

So, I'm trying to configure my throttle, and low and behold.. the manual is nearly blank and hasn't been touched in a year and a half. That's pretty poor support for a $400 item. Virpil, you need to get it together. This sort of thing directly affects your reputation.

see if any of that helps

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Why is none of that on your main website? Why do I need to skip through a gaming clan's youtube videos in the first place?

Manual. They need to write one.

-edit

This fellow is not Virpil, which I did not realise

Edited by zhukov032186

Why is none of that on your main website? Why do I need to skip through a gaming clan's youtube videos in the first place?

Manual. You need to write one.

Guess its on the Virpil's staff to do list , they just aint gotten round to it yet, hense why I created tutorial videos to help people out in the mean time

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Guess its on the Virpil's staff to do list , they just aint gotten round to it yet, hense why I created tutorial videos to help people out in the mean time

Спасибо HC_Official! Вы делаете хорошие видео-уроки!

Вы абсолютно правы!

И поэтому я дам вам необходимую ссылку - https://support.virpil.com/en/support/solutions/folders/47000765645

Пожалуйста не стесняйтесь посещать support.virpil.com :)

---------- Head Designer ----------

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I thought you were with Virpil, my apologies

@Baur

Спасибо, наверное я напишу розже когда дома

Edited by zhukov032186

• 2 months later...

Help changing VID/PID

Cyph3r,

I just received my T50.CM2 base and I'm trying to configure it to work with my T.A.R.G.E.T. scripts. However it appears your software no longer allows you to change VID/PID's. It refuse to accept the change and reverts back to the original HW id (03EB/2046). Can you confirm if it is still possible to change the T50's hardware IDs? Or am I doing something wrong?

I love the quality and smoothness of the T50 base, but I need to use some very complex TARGET scripts.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Alan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

Make sure you're not in LITE mode (buttons in top right corner, choose PRO).

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

• 6 months later...

Hi,

Few questions about the software

1) Is there a way to avoid HID GUID change when upgrading the firmware? This breaks all the binds as DCS sees the control as different hardware. I can rename the input diff files to the new names with the new GUIDs, but this is quite cumbersome with 3 controls and many modules...

2) What is the difference between Encoder Dial and Encoder Scroll button modes?

3) Is there a way to change a LED color depending on an axis position, without defining axis-to-button and setting that button as a shift button? I want to set my LEDS to show when my throttle axis are at MIL power and/or afterburner, to compensate lack of detent. The last method works but eats precious axis to button slots and shift button slots.

Thanks!