Odd throttle

silenoz111

A few days ago I was happily flying in DCS when suddenly, my warthog throttle began acting strange. Absolutely no throttle until the lever is about 1/2 inch from full forward. I can increase/decrease the throttle but with very, very small movements, which is a nightmare! The grey slider is pretty much the same too. I have not changed any software/hardware, drivers/firmware are up to date. :joystick:

Well, the first thing i would check is if those axis work correct in the Windows game controller setup / calibration. Does the effect occur in the Target (or similar) software as well, or is it limited to DCS? If so, i would recommend to check if DCS screwed up your axis settings and if this is not the case, a installation repair.

If it is related to your Throttle and the issue is present in your windows game controller setup as well, i would try to re-calibrate it first. If that does not help, open the throttle and check if there are any cables broken, or if you can ID broken boards. I would also carefully clean the internals from any dust. Dust can cause strange behaviors on electronic components. If all that does not help, i'm out of ideas except for contacting TM support. How old is your throttle? If you still got warranty left, scratch everything after "installation repair" and directly contact TM support.

Cheers

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2