[NO BUG] Attack radar antenna keeps going to top

Xeon

Hi all,

I am relativley new to the F/A 18 and I am having an issue controlling the antenna on the attack radar. My radar is on and when I try to lock a target with the TDC depress the antenna shoots to the max up postion. It also randomly happens in flight occasionaly.

Any help would be much appriciated,

Many thanks!!!:)

Make sure you don't have any unwanted control inputs, including axes.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Hi all,

My radar is on and when I try to lock a target with the TDC depress the antenna shoots to the max up postion. It also

This sounds a lot like you are trying to lock a datalinked target (target that is detected by radar from one of your friendlies and "linked" to your display). You need to make sure your own radar detects it, before you can lock it

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Like a lot of us would say, check your bindings.

per ex, I still use a TM cougar throttle and binded the antenna with the antenna rotary on it.

Since it is not spring loaded to center, if I turn antenna up or down it will carry on moving towards the gimbal limit until I move the switch back to neutral.

I f I was using tpod and zooming to the max, that antenna switch is fully moved to a position so if I need to revert to AA radar, boom, there goes my antenna full scale up, and a hafu free screen...

I just need to remind myself to the limitations of that switch and keep the antenna pen in the back of my head. Not a bad SOP in itself but a noticeable departure from real bug throttle way of working...

Rig: MB Gigabite z390UD, CPU Intel I7 8700k, RAM 32G DDR4 3200 Gskill ripjaws, GPU MSI RTX2080SuperOC, HDD Crucial mx500 1tb M2 sata, PSU Corsair 850W, watercooling Corsair h100,

Controlers TM f/a 18 stick on Virpil warbrd base, TM cougar f16 stick on cougar base, Cougar F16 throttle on TUSBA, ch pedals, TM cougar MFD

27" monitor with trk IR 5 and HP Reverb HMD.

Modules F18, F16, F86, Mig15, FW 190D9, Nellis range map, Aggr campaign, Middle East map