Should the F-15C Get JHMCS

frixon28

Should the F-15C Get JHMCS  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Should the F-15C Get JHMCS

• Yes
    • No

If you put it like that, maybe not ... but there are other advantages conferred by the helmet, even if you don't have the correct missile.

For example, it's the equivalent of flying with labels on :D

Is there much of a point to have HMCS to lock something off bore-sight but not the missile to acquire it?

Well yes there is of course but it makes much more sense with a missile that looks more off bore sight as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

This is basically why I was being facetious. The F15 doesn't need help. Its a good plane.

It needs plenty of help, but I'm with Sweep on this one ... people don't realize that it isn't up to snuff to even the '89 specification, never mind '95 in terms of radar. It's a subset of the '72 APG-63 with some newer symbology and some half-finished TWS slapped on.

Not that I mind JHMCS + 9X at all. There's no reason to not have it.

The Hornet is going to have similar A2A performance, its a better dogfighter than the F15 no matter what, but so is the Mirage 2000.

Just no. If the radar stuff was modeled correctly, the eagle would be eating hornets for breakfast in BVR. And as for dog fighting, also no. Such blanket statements can only be issued for truly double-inferior airframes, and the eagle isn't one of those when compared to the hornet.

No reason to use up dev time to implement and test something that isn't needed or necessarily wanted by the users. There are other more pressing matters to attend to.

It's wanted by the users ... well, maybe not some users :)

(I can make the same argument about 'fixing the ER', adding PFMs to Su-33's and MiG-29s etc ... IMHO it's a silly argument).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

(I can make the same argument about 'fixing the ER', adding PFMs to Su-33's and MiG-29s etc ... IMHO it's a silly argument).

Why is it a silly argument? Some features (especially those that have been promised and announced) should definitely have priority over others, or do you disagree with this?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Honestly I cringe a little bit every time I see the word Balance on these forums. The problem with red side is it fundamentally could never be near the same spec as blue. Why? Because although it might be possible to build an early 2000s eagle. It would not be possible to build an early 2000s flanker, or fulcrum, and even if it were they would hardly be balanced. So if balance is the goal you can't have very modern fighters. You'd have to backtrack based on available data.

So with that in mind, Balance should not be the goal IMHO. I would rather have a super OP modern eagle as advanced as available data allows, since the real eagle is very OP.

I wouldn't want the Devs to sacrifice features that real aircraft can and does have for the sake of balance. Nor would I want the Devs to build an older version of the same aircraft for that reason.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

ED is ******* up the game with the new maps, they are over-powering the trees !!!

For now they just blind you when you fly in them but soon they will KILL YOU !!!

And the worst of it is that the trees DM is a maybe....

Trees are OP please NERF.

Where is the give medal option in this forum... :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Whilst I believe any aircraft in DCS should be modelled as realistic as feasibly possible, the F-15C we get has only basic systems management and a lot of them are missing something that isn't going to change anytime soon. That being said the Su-27 & MiG-29s we have have their HMS systems modelled so eh idk

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I was addressing the 'users don't necessarily want this' comment.

Why is it a silly argument? Some features (especially those that have been promised and announced) should definitely have priority over others, or do you disagree with this?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Re: the "F-15Cs have it add it" style comments,

The Block Modeled by ED in FC3 Did not have JHMCS.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Any info on the specific timeframe our Eagle is from?

IIRC it was narrowed down to ~2000 or so, but is there anything official on that?

Thanks.

Lord of Salt

What block would that be? I don't recall seeing anything specific in the manual.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

This x1000

That's the point I was trying to make when I mentioned the lack of basic A/G capabilities on our Eagle.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

I don't understand why people are so obsessed about all this low tech equipment, WWII and stuff. I actually like the high tech stuff like missiles and radar and such. What is the fun in only chasing people with guns. It takes away the magic of being a modern fighter pilot and the tactical aspect of deploying weapons.

I was just using his words to show how ridiculous i find that statement/opinion. And the magic i speak of is the magic he is talking about. Also it's way more challenging to do missiles and BFM instead of only BFM.

Talk to some real fighter pilots to put things into perspective for you. Radar, BVR, missiles, all cool up to some point, but "flying" a fighter still means acting on the controls and using skill and good physique to get on an enemie's six. That is magic to fighter pilots.

If your magic moment is trucking along, looking over your shoulder and fling a -9x at another plane, fine, totally up to you. It's just that most fighter pilots will disagree with you.

That's the point I was trying to make when I mentioned the lack of basic A/G capabilities on our Eagle.

bill-cosby-is-tired-o.gif

good physique to get on an enemie's six

A good physique is usually all that I require to get on my six

rs_560x254-160516103408-May_16_2016_1023.gif

most fighter pilots will disagree with you.

Top priority of all fighter pilots/war fighters/emergency personnel/the guy in the cube next to me/bronies/my mom/the guy on the United flight is to go home alive. So anything that saves on saving life is going to be cherished.

Sometimes I over romanticize a bit as a DCS fanboi and think about the purity of a knife-fight; but the reality is as stated above.

[sIGPIC]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn266/JINX1391/jinx%20f99th%20sig_zps2hgu4xsl.png[/sIGPIC]

"90% of the people who actually got to fly the F/A-18C

module there (E3 2017) have never even heard of DCS

or are otherwise totally undeserving pieces of trash."

-Pyromanic4002

I agree with sweep and GG.

I would love to have it how ever there are more important things that need to be addressed in the eagle first..

like WHERE IS MY SUPERSEARCH

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If your desired effect on the target is making the pilot defecate his pants laughing then you can definitely achieve it with a launch like that.

I agree with sweep and GG.

I would love to have it how ever there are more important things that need to be addressed in the eagle first..

like WHERE IS MY SUPERSEARCH

+1 for SS

...and everything else that's either missing or inaccurate compared to the -34-1-3 :thumbup:

It needs plenty of help, but I'm with Sweep on this one ... people don't realize that it isn't up to snuff to even the '89 specification, never mind '95 in terms of radar. It's a subset of the '72 APG-63 with some newer symbology and some half-finished TWS slapped on.

Not that I mind JHMCS + 9X at all. There's no reason to not have it.

Just no. If the radar stuff was modeled correctly, the eagle would be eating hornets for breakfast in BVR. And as for dog fighting, also no. Such blanket statements can only be issued for truly double-inferior airframes, and the eagle isn't one of those when compared to the hornet.

so in that case we need to start a thread called "should F15C get its radar performance adjusted to proper spec or not?" :D

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

If the real-life version of the DCS F-15C has or had the JHMCS then yes, we should have it in DCS. If it didn't then our F-15C shouldn't either. DCS should reflect reality, "balance" is meaningless in a sim like this and should have no place whatsoever in the development process. Simple as that.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

If the real-life version of the DCS F-15C has or had the JHMCS then yes, we should have it in DCS. If it didn't then our F-15C shouldn't either. DCS should reflect reality, "balance" is meaningless in a sim like this and should have no place whatsoever in the development process. Simple as that.

This.

The Flaming Cliffs planes just need to be gone, removed from DCS and replaced with full fidelity modules. They really shouldn't be mixed in with the "DCS level" aircraft imo.

• Like 1

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

The Flaming Cliffs planes just need to be gone, removed from DCS and replaced with full fidelity modules. They really shouldn't be mixed in with the "DCS level" aircraft imo.

So your plan is to tell everyone that owns any, or all, of them that they no longer work in DCS World and they wasted their money. :doh:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You can already remove them from your game...

Or are u mad that they hunt you down online..? You know, a high fidelity F-15C would have an even easier time of finding and engaging you.

So your plan is to tell everyone that owns any, or all, of them that they no longer work in DCS World and they wasted their money. :doh:

You can already remove them from your game...

Or are u mad that they hunt you down online..? You know, a high fidelity F-15C would have an even easier time of finding and engaging you.

Both sides have an argument.. So here is my view on both sides take it how you will..

The argument against having fc3 inside of DCS is that those who fly fc3 can get in the plane have it loaded and airborne in roughly 3 minutes.. give or take a minute... This can be very aggravating when you're flying a full fidelity aircraft that takes double to triple the amount of time to get airborne if not quadruple[talking about proper INS ETC]. This is especially more irritating when you are constantly being pestered by one person who is clearly not skilled enough to be a real threat, but is one due to the time it takes him to re spawn and be back at you. By the way I am guilty of this.. Got shot down and was back in the fight with a new aircraft in ~5 mins. In the case of the f15 once you're in the aircraft and it spawned armed I can be moving in 30-35 seconds airborne in a minute. All it takes is getting the first engine spooled and you're rolling while spooling the second and turning on power and pre setting radar while taxing to runway.. Some people will just take off on the taxi way while the second turbine is still spooling. in those cases you can be airborne in well under a minute.

The argument you guys are making is that they paid for them and should be able to use them is sound.

In my opinion the times from startup till airborne for FC3 aircraft should be altered to reflect the times it takes for the real aircraft. In the event of a shoot down there should be a "cool down" period before re spawn is permitted.

Edited by pr1malr8ge

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If your desired effect on the target is making the pilot defecate his pants laughing then you can definitely achieve it with a launch like that.

So long as FC3-level aircraft have PFM (Professional Flight Model), I am very happy with flying them - a lot! :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com