Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World

phant

I hope as well that it's either an Apache Longbow module, or a modernized version (or modern export variant) of either MiG-29 or Su-27 (personally leaning towards MiG-29SMT myself).

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Why on earth would we need 3 Eagles !? F15-C from FC3 + F15-E from Razbam & another F15-C from ED.

I think ED made it pretty clear that they wouldn't be making a F15-C when they agreed to let Razbam make the E version. That's my take, I could be wrong.

indeed, having a F4 pilot as a friend certainly cant hurt ED's F4 once it starts rolling again. Thanks, -NineLine/Norm

NineLine said this on the announcement the Eurofighter on Facebook, MAYBE the F4 isn't totally out off the race yet ;)

NineLine said this on the announcement the Eurofighter on Facebook, MAYBE the F4 isn't totally out off the race yet ;)

That sounds more like the opposite to me, as it sounds like the F-4 is still on hold. I would think the announcement for an eagerly awaited aircraft would be for a module that is under active development.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Why on earth would we need 3 Eagles !? F15-C from FC3 + F15-E from Razbam & another F15-C from ED.

I think ED made it pretty clear that they wouldn't be making a F15-C when they agreed to let Razbam make the E version. That's my take, I could be wrong.

Because an F-15C would sell like candy for relatively little effort

Main: MiG-21bis, because pocket rockets are fun

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

@QuiGon

We know that the dev team is very busy trying to finish the F-18 and F-16 (not to mention core DCS, new Heli and maps) ED made their goal to finish both the F16/F18 by the end of this year, I not sure that they have available resources to have yet an another module on active development. It's more likely that once these teams are nearing the completion of the Hornet and Viper that they would move to the next product.

Edit:

After reading the post on reddit from the ED COO

We have several projects in mind but we'll keep it unnamed until we will be close to the decision.

So this make it clear that they are not currently working on the "eagerly awaited"

Edited by Neon_20

Not quite

[TABLE][/TABLE]

Are you saying that ED didn't know to the aircraft that was so anticipated and blow the minds, when that announced that they are doing such?

I am saying that ED had several projects in mind at a time of posting, as commented by ED COO, which could just as well mean, that any of these would be a "brain-melting" and "eagerly awaited"

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

The choice of an aircraft is based on:

community demand

available fleet and terrains

gameplay

available docs

available knowledge/resource allocation

available SME

third parties developments

restrictions and risks of delivery

I haven't had seen this from the COO, I think this kills the F15C

You say that like we don't have the 2 A-10s, as in the A from FC3 and the C as a full fidelity. Just like one is fundamentally different from the other in multiple respects. The C is not the E, and FC3 is well FC3.. Just not loading bombs on the E doesn't make it a C. The A-10A and A-10C can share a flight model, where as the difference between the Eagles (engines, conformals ,weight) call for something different.

You say that like we don't have the 2 A-10s, as in the A from FC3 and the C as a full fidelity. Just like one is fundamentally different from the other in multiple respects. The C is not the E, and FC3 is well FC3.. Just not loading bombs on the E doesn't make it a C. The A-10A and A-10C can share a flight model, where as the difference between the Eagles (engines, conformals ,weight) call for something different.

I'll put it this way, I go car dealer and buy myself a new Ford Mustang, go home and a fews weeks go back the car dealer and buy a Shelby Mustang, go home and other weeks later buy a convertible Mustang. Who does this? First you need financial resources and second you truly need to love this particular vehicle.

I won't buy 3 Eagles, that's for sure. I'll get myself the E and that's it.

I'll put it this way, I go car dealer and buy myself a new Ford Mustang, go home and a fews weeks go back the car dealer and buy a Shelby Mustang, go home and other weeks later buy a convertible Mustang. Who does this? First you need financial resources and second you truly need to love this particular vehicle.

I won't buy 3 Eagles, that's for sure. I'll get myself the E and that's it.

I have FC3, and wouldn't buy all 3, but would definitely buy the C over the E. There is already a wide selection of FF modules that cover AG tasks and the only thing that makes it challenging (IMO) is SAM coverage. The E doesn't use HARMs, and fighting humans is actually a dynamic experience.

I beg to differ

Because an F-15C would sell like candy for relatively little effort

First, I don't think it would be little effort at all, an aircraft project is an aircraft project.

Having said that, reasons why it could be NOT Eagle were already posted here, in this thread, so I am not going to repeat them.

Additionally, out of 201 people who voted (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=262830) - Blue force fixed wing takes 3rd place, so I would not call it eagerly awaited, and while F-15C could be attractive addition to already present F-15C (to some DCS users), I find it not too "brain-melting".

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

First, I don't think it would be little effort at all, an aircraft project is an aircraft project.

Having said that, reasons why it could be NOT Eagle were already posted here, in this thread, so I am not going to repeat them.

Additionally, out of 201 people who voted (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=262830) - Blue force fixed wing takes 3rd place, so I would not call it eagerly awaited, and while F-15C could be attractive addition to already present F-15C (to some DCS users), I find it not too "brain-melting".

201 is not a representative number of the whole community. You have to keep in mind there's people eager to get a russian plane and they make sure they are heard of. There's many people that don't voice their wishes as much, maybe because they already have what they want, maybe because they know it will come, maybe just can't be bothered to. We see here a lot of people wishing it was a russian plane, but we don't see as many wishing it was US. I don't think it's because nobody cares about those. I think the people that wishes it was an US plane don't make themselves heard as much. After all US planes are the focus of the game

201 is not a representative number of the whole community. You have to keep in mind there's people eager to get a russian plane and they make sure they are heard of. There's many people that don't voice their wishes as much, maybe because they already have what they want, maybe because they know it will come, maybe just can't be bothered to. We see here a lot of people wishing it was a russian plane, but we don't see as many wishing it was US. I don't think it's because nobody cares about those. I think the people that wishes it was an US plane don't make themselves heard as much. After all US planes are the focus of the game

True, but by that same logic we are right back to 'DCS: Republic RC-3 Seabee' with just as much merit.

How else?

You have to keep in mind there's people eager to get a russian plane and they make sure they are heard of. There's many people that don't voice their wishes as much, maybe because they already have what they want, maybe because they know it will come, maybe just can't be bothered to.

Fair enough, yes, 200 is just a bunch, but-

No voters are not counted towards anything that is "eagerly awaited", as eagerly awaited should be coming from the community voice unless it is eagerly awaited by ED and not us.

That's why COO was questioned what is the decision based on, to check if they actually care about our voice and it seems they do;)

First of all the poll substantiates the claim that customers want a modern eastern jet more.

What you posted is backed up by nothing .I'm not trying to offend you it's just the truth.

Considering poll highlights the demand for western modern helicopters that also missing from the game(ka-50 but no western counterpart like Apache ).It would be black and white irrational to claim what you claimed about those .

Personally i would rather buy a Kiowa that a Mil helicopter.

And i would say that the customers who want a western type jet again after the plethora of western jets already in the game or being developed aren't trying to make the game a better experience for everybody (through the diversity that eastern jets would bring for mission and scenario creators ) but only looking to satisfy their selfish needs.

Edited by otto

ok ok in my opinion this tread is useless because it has already been talked about which are the most anticipated planes and there is a long list described.

rather you should understand what the priority criteria are.

I in the first place would put the modern fighters of this era used now in this period make you the list of the current planes that are missing. I will tell you if the list matches.

Probably not the anticipated project, but to remind everyone of ED to do list.

They did mention DCS warthog 2.0 ( discounted upgrade to current A10C owners) wheras the A10C had a free facelift, this one would be also with a later Software suite.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4160206&postcount=232

to quote

" What follows is a listing of aircraft projects that we and our valued partners will be working on in 2020. We do not expect all these projects to be released in 2020, but this is where our development focus will be in 2020.

Following the free A-10C cockpit update, we will be releasing A-10C Warthog 2 in 2020. This will be a dramatic visual and systems upgrade to our A-10C. Once the new features have been finalized, we look forward to sharing them with you.

In addition to DCS: A-10C Warthog 2 being available as a new module that will replace DCS: A-10C Warthog, it will also be available to existing A-10C Warthog owners at a significant discount."

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Probably not the anticipated project, but to remind everyone of ED to do list.

They did mention DCS warthog 2.0 ( discounted upgrade to current A10C owners) wheras the A10C had a free facelift, this one would be also with a later Software suite.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4160206&postcount=232

to quote

" What follows is a listing of aircraft projects that we and our valued partners will be working on in 2020. We do not expect all these projects to be released in 2020, but this is where our development focus will be in 2020.

Following the free A-10C cockpit update, we will be releasing A-10C Warthog 2 in 2020. This will be a dramatic visual and systems upgrade to our A-10C. Once the new features have been finalized, we look forward to sharing them with you.

In addition to DCS: A-10C Warthog 2 being available as a new module that will replace DCS: A-10C Warthog, it will also be available to existing A-10C Warthog owners at a significant discount."

I think they mean a completely new module. The Warthog 2 thing is known to be a thing already.