Another huey Question

Backdraft

Backdraft, I have CH fighterstick USB HOTAS and CH Pro Pedals. Here's what I am using for my settings, per Chuck's guide, well, almost.....

Cyclic (pitch and roll) - no dead zone, top saturation 100%, the bottom saturation 85&, curve of 21

Pedals - dead zone of 5, curve of 14, saturations both at 100%

I tried Chuck's recommended settings for collective and it jammed me up, so I have set just out of the box - 0 deadzone, 100% both sats, no curve.

Try it out!

Backdraft assuming slick huey whats you torgue gauge reading i try to keep mine in the 7-8 o’clock position which if I remember correctly is 35-40 what ever it reads, i think its psi

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Robert Ill try that, Ive used chucks and I'm all over.

I just need 2 things. I ve got the spinning around to staop and going backward for the most part.

1 I need the collective to some how engage earlier. thru curve or satuation. I am almost all the way back on my Throttle when it catches. maybe 1/8 from stops, thants not right. At all

2. and I need to get the tail centered some. it is all over the place. as soon as I start to tail around I just touch rt rudder then back left to equal and it is in subtle the tail whips around then I'm doing some fish tail motion and cant get tail straight. But I don't know what curve or saturation does on pedals. or what to use to keep it close to center on pick up.

Blackey, I get off the skids at like 33-35 it looks like. but then I just shoot up, it doesn't stay say under 5 ft on Alt. its either down or popping up. I ve gotten to stay level a couple time, but I'm going up and down on collective when you shouldn't do that. it should be as soon as you are up and at a height you should be able to let go and hold just using stick and rudder to maintain. but I'm no where close to that. Ive watch almost all the videos I can find and they just poof I'm up haolding in a nice hover, and I'm all over the place, but at least the PIO's are down.

maybe 1/8 from stops, thants not right. At all

What is your weight? What's the outside temperature? At what elevation are you when you start?

All those effects the need of blade pitch and power setting, i.e. collective. Not hard at all to end up never leaving ground with full collective, if the circumstances are right (i.e. wrong). Try full armament and full fuel in NTTR at noon in the beginning of August.

I just touch rt rudder then back left to equal

What's the wind?

With no wind you should only move the pedals slightly and carefully in the direction you want and then equaly smooth back to the same position, you need to anticipate when to start moving them back, inertia will easily push you past the heading you planned for. And remember, moving clockwise is slower than counterclockwise, they are anti-torque pedals after all. Now add some wind...

but I'm going up and down on collective when you shouldn't do that. it should be as soon as you are up and at a height you should be able to let go and hold just using stick and rudder to maintain.

I'm sorry, but you can't be more wrong than this. Remember this isn't a modern helicopter with autopilot stabilization systems of any kind, you are forced to fly it all by yourself, with the only exception being the throttle. ALL controls, cyclic, collective and pedals, ALL THREE have an effect on the other two AND ITSELF!

Especially noticeable during hover. Move the pedals slightly and both cyclic and collective, ESPECIALLY collective, has to be corrected. And due to the corrected collective less or more power is needed (here you get some help with the throttle) and hence the torque is changed and THE PEDALS need correction! And it goes on and on like this, constant correction of ALL controlls SIMULTANEOUSLY! Not "first this, then that" but all att the same time. You can never relax on any of them. It's all about balance, and balance needs practice. The better you get the smaller movements you need on the controls. This is the tricky part.

There is actually three things you are forced to do, curves/saturation or not, and those three things are:

1) Practice

2) Practice

and most important

3) Practice!

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

How do I do a track??
Start a flight and practice for a while.

End the flight.

At the lower part of the briefing window that appears there is a button in the middle called "Save Track". Click it, give it a name and save it. Done!

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Sounds like a dirty pot on your collective device. Add a curve to the collective only if that doesn’t work try a custom curve that mimics the in cockpit collective

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.