Switch lighting

Bullant

No, not another question about panel backlighting.

This is in regards to the lighting on the actual switches.

This video shows exactly what I mean from about 13 seconds in when the NVGs are disabled.

Now, my question is: All of the lighting that is visible on the DDI buttons, UFC buttons etc ... is that active lighting or something like fluorescent paint?

I was thinking of getting some glow in the dark paint and painting the markings on the switches unless someone has a better idea?

Edited by Bullant

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai, Kola, Afghanistan

I think your asking a bout knobs and not switches. Knobs are back lit through clear or transparent areas in the panels. The backs of the knobs are clear and the white line is translucent.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

Yep knobs and buttons not switches. Thanks for the info, might have to pass on this form of lighting for now unless I can magically find a supply of authentic knobs and buttons!

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai, Kola, Afghanistan

Yep knobs and buttons not switches. Thanks for the info, might have to pass on this form of lighting for now unless I can magically find a supply of authentic knobs and buttons!

Deadman is the whizz on them. Check out the link in his signature strip.

Like the idea of the glow paint. I will certainly give that a go :thumbup:

Edit: Can not get that video link working in your post.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HTC Vive

Windows 10 Maximus VIII Hero i7-6700k CPU @ 4.2GHz 16GB Nvida GeForce GTX 1080. Ram Duel SSD's

I reposted his linked video. I don't know if any of the knobs in my shop are correct for the F-18.

Starting to have a look through your list, I can see some that can be reused. I get the feeling there will be quite a few F18 pits being built shortly, might have to see if you can expand your range :)

Unfortunately I don't have access to an F-18 so that i can accurately model the knobs. \There was a sell on eBay with knobs at one time and a member here purchased the molds for his knobs last year. I have not seen him sell any thing yet. it takes abit of time to correctly model replicas witch i prefer to use connecting arduinos to my A-10C panels

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.