F/A-18 inspired

Mr_Burns

• 1 year later...

I moved house and now have a room! So I have started to do a bit more work on my 'Pit'.

yiPpZsj.jpg

NYPDgqN.jpg

I am working on the front panel, I have a touch screen that will sit in the middle of a monitor and contain the UFC, the HUD panel and armaments and the Moving Map Display.

And today I started the Right side panels in a production line!

I transferred the Natops to Corel and tidied them up before turning them back into PDF and printed. These are not 100% accurate, they are NATOPS at about 400%.

Seebvvz.jpg

Cut them out and drew around them onto acrylic.

dq6Jd5t.jpg

Cut them all out with a scroll saw:

jbaVa2c.jpg

Prep for drilling:

ikOHDys.jpg

I did the same with the backplates and used the front plates as guides so they all line up:

9bwpJKD.jpg

TcQyUBZ.jpg

And finally all three together:

BGMkh0w.jpg

I was going to carry on but I dont want to wire everything up if it isnt all used. However, it can be easily added later if it becomes functional.

If you take out I wont be backlighting my pit so I dont need internal lights, are these the only controls needed:

o5pPbFU.jpg

Za1dnbT.jpg

As far as I can tell only these are working

Nice! keep it up there buddy!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Unless I misunderstood what you are trying to accomplish, why going through that trouble if you are into VR?

Marc..

No VR for a while for me. I just want to understand what builders are thinking when they wire up panels with Bios, put switches on everything regardless of its implementation or select only the ones the simulator uses.

Looking great Mr Burns!

VR still works with a pit, you just develop muscle memory. It's actually useful when you start off pitch black, you know where the buttons are to startup the jet and turn on the cabin lights.

And today I started the Right side panels in a production line!

Added the inputs i am going to use, the internal lighting panel will probably be a beer holder. Pictures are a bit shit, must be the man flu I am suffering....

qwn3xod.jpg

Q9Zyrv7.jpg

BS11SE6.jpg

wJOyhb5.jpg

Need to do the Oxygen flow and fire test and I think thats it for now. The rest will be just photos until I need to implement them.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

And first sorry second attempt at the arduino slave thing, many thanks to Blue73 and Hansolo for advice:

5XTaSHX.jpg

ZlKYMcB.jpg

Nor got a 12v in yet, I have an old broken electric screwdriver I am going to rip for the parts.