Petes /brissy A10

bnepethomas

Hi Guys

Well as a true pit building tragic I've got another project running. This time for DCS A10C. I had a second unfinished F16 pit from another builder (Dave), decided its time to light up an A10.

Tested the Simmeters gauges, they came up good, so game on. Started with a hunk of MDF and a screen for MFD

P1000829_zps752b402a.jpg

Checked that ThrustMaster MFDs fit on the other side (lets hear it for routers)

P1000831_zps24e2577c.jpg

F16 is a little narrower than the A10

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa273/bnepethomas/20130605a/P1000832_zps2cef7e9a.jpg

New life for the viper

P1000834_zpsbce52a3e.jpg

P1000835_zps1379f6ed.jpg

And panel construction

P1000836_zpsdf5d443c.jpg

P1000837_zpse1808cbe.jpg

P1000838_zps98f5a2c5.jpg

P1000842_zps16a045a7.jpg

P1000843_zpsc821de3f.jpg

Fire handles from an old 727

P1000847_zpsf1981e34.jpg

Edited by bnepethomas

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Pete A muddigger in disguise in other words :-) how do you manage to get room and time for this beauty ?

I recognize most of the stuff on your frame but what are the the HSI and ADI 'stuff' in there, TFT/LCD's or something custom built ?

And while I have chanse, a thx.. One of your early pit's and documentation are one of the main reason I was drown into this never ending 'hobby'

Those fire-pull handles, where you got them (or did you build'em ?)

Gus

- - - -

Very nice setup and quite expensive I guess. What type are the two displays in the center of the console?

Happy building and look forward to see more :thumbup:

Cheers

Hans

Expensive is relative :) The two displays are the AI and HSI from Simmeters.

Cheers

Peter

Hi Pete A muddigger in disguise in other words :-) how do you manage to get room and time for this beauty ?

I recognize most of the stuff on your frame but what are the the HSI and ADI 'stuff' in there, TFT/LCD's or something custom built ?

And while I have chanse, a thx.. One of your early pit's and documentation are one of the main reason I was drown into this never ending 'hobby'

Those fire-pull handles, where you got them (or did you build'em ?)

Gus

HI Gus

Nothing like playing in the dirt, or trench digging in a plane :)

Here's the HSI

http://www.simmeters.com/compass-and-hsi-indicators/111-80mm-ehsi-indicator.html

and

EADI

http://www.simmeters.com/attitude-indicators/110-80mm-eadi-indicator.html

I'll apologise to your family now re this hobby - its a ball of fun :)

The fire handles where recused from an old 727, I was gong to use them on the 737 project, but found another set that worked in a little better.

cheers

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

A little more progress, the hard work has been done for the remaining panels of the front panel, cutting done, wiring next. Just ordered flap gauge from Simmeters, so the hole will be there for a couple of weeks :)

The gear panel isn't an exact replica, moved the canopy switch and flaps and brakes switches to the panel.. The bottom center panel is the electrical panel. I haven't start on the side yet, so it has good as place an any to stick it.

Updated the electronics for the fire extinguisher handles, added a 12-24V inverter.

file_zps946df030.jpg

file_zps2a8e168b.jpg

file_zpsaaccd729.jpg

file_zpsb261eba1.jpg

file_zpsda9f4f04.jpg

file_zps0eb4f7cc.jpg

• 1 month later...

Finally got a coat of paint onto the panel as well as have started playing with a laser to cut and engrave panels. Don't look to closely at the lettering another run is planed, cut a little deep when trying out backlights, and then managed to goof the width of a panel.. all good learnings.

file_zps22fe722f.jpg

file_zpsc9171274.jpg

Wow - that is looking extremely smart. Really like your simmeter instruments.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
WOW!!! I love how clean that cabling is :) mine looks like spaghetti! :)

How are you finding the ERWR? i'm thinking of getting one but haven't really seen it in action anywhere.

The cabling isn't as tidy as it was before linking it all up, but its better than my earlier projects :)

The ERWR looks good, haven't yet flown it into action, but if it is anything like the ADI and HSI it should be good.

Cheers

Peter

Look great... really good job... I have a feeling I may be asking Santa for a set of this engine guages... so much better than presenting with a monitor behind the front panel... if only they would include the little tertiary needles too!!

Real world pilot, budding virtual world hog driver...

My Build Thread

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1855253#post1855253