Newest EDM Model Tools

I am having troubles getting anything to show up in the modelviewer. It gives all these errors but they also appear when loading the f5E for example but the model still shows up. Mine don't show up.

image.png

this is just a simple setup to sanity check myself. The dummy has Type="boundingbox"; and i've tried to but the box on renderable and no type but it just won't work. Pretty sad because I made a fully modeled and animated cockpit.

image.png

Please help I can't find anything about this and I can't understand most of the instructions.

Just now, Vismonger said:

I am having troubles getting anything to show up in the modelviewer. It gives all these errors but they also appear when loading the f5E for example but the model still shows up. Mine don't show up.

image.png

this is just a simple setup to sanity check myself. The dummy has Type="boundingbox"; and i've tried to but the box on renderable and no type but it just won't work. Pretty sad because I made a fully modeled and animated cockpit.

image.png

Please help I can't find anything about this and I can't understand most of the instructions.

If the file size of your exported model is 1kb, you did something wrong when trying to export it.

Did you also press "make cool"?

14 minutes ago, razo+r said:

If the file size of your exported model is 1kb, you did something wrong when trying to export it.

Did you also press "make cool"?

It is 1kb. and if i only press 'make cool' it errors so but if i also press 'no good' it works. could definitely be the problem but I don't know why it gives this error when I only press 'make cool'; Error: Uniforms: Can't get parameter Shader Basic Parameters->Specular Level. Material: Material #43.    File: Utils\EDMTools\NGModel_MaxPlugins\Exporter\src\MtlKeeper.cpp:344.

On 2/1/2024 at 9:27 AM, rato65 said:

@Vismonger what version of max do you use? What exact material do you apply in terms of material type in the material editor? I had a similar issue with max 2022 and it was due to the wrong standard material. see few posts above.

I use 2024 but I've tried a handful of versions in the past and they al seemed to do the same, I am still learning 3ds max since I am a blender guy so it could be user error and something easily fixed but I can't find what I missed from the guides. (I use the English version since the normal and translated ones sometimes break the edm tool, or so i've heard)

On 1/24/2024 at 10:17 PM, Vismonger said:

image.png

image.png

The Name of the Bounding Box should be : TYPE = "bounding_box";
Bounding box must (!) cover the whole 3D objects. I suggest to make it bigger (just in case)
For your cube:

- Apply a Standard (Legacy) Material (only these work)
- apply material to object
- Make Cool
- Export

Edited by The_Fragger
forgot something

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

Lead 3D Artist - TrueGrit Virtual Technologies

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BO-105 PAH1A1/VBH / HKP-9A / BO-105 CBS-5 KLH

Eurofighter Typhoon

https://www.facebook.com/PolyDynamicsDCS/

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

Mainboard: Asus STRIX Z390-F

CPU: Intel Core I9-9900K @ 3.60GHz

RAM: 64 Gb

Graphics: MSI GForce GTX 980 TI 4GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

Oculus Rift / Oculus Touch

Heavy Metal is the law ! :punk:

On 2/2/2024 at 10:05 PM, Vismonger said:

I use 2024 but I've tried a handful of versions in the past and they al seemed to do the same, I am still learning 3ds max since I am a blender guy so it could be user error and something easily fixed but I can't find what I missed from the guides. (I use the English version since the normal and translated ones sometimes break the edm tool, or so i've heard)

I have the same issues as you. i cant for the life of me get a model to show in model viewer.. I downgraded to a 2022 version after a few people said the edm exporter doesn't work with 2024.. but still nothing

Edited by FalconDriver5005

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. anyone also have OMNI/SPOTLIGHTS doesn't cast any glare anymore in the Model Viewer ?

Edited by The_Fragger
correction

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

Lead 3D Artist - TrueGrit Virtual Technologies

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BO-105 PAH1A1/VBH / HKP-9A / BO-105 CBS-5 KLH

Eurofighter Typhoon

https://www.facebook.com/PolyDynamicsDCS/

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

Mainboard: Asus STRIX Z390-F