DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive noticed a lot of blurry textures even at max settings.

Anyone else?

Enviado desde mi Moto Z Play mediante Tapatalk

Yer on the hud and mfd. (Text)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

I had issues with 1.5.8 OB running on Oculus, prior to the download to 2.5. Issue was major screen freezes ( 2 -6 seconds) lots of stuttering. Well I updated to 2.5 via my OB and brought that stutter freezing issue with it!!, tried a repair, no help Guess I need to delete the 2.5 OB and do a fresh install? I Still have 2.2 installed. Is there going to be a 2.5 installer released tomorrow, one that doesn't use 1.5.8 OB?

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

If you had it with 1.5 ob sounds like you have an issue with your rig.

Maybe drivers or config?

NO it's an issue with 1.5.8. My 2.2 runs extremely well with Oculus. In any event, all my drivers are up to date.

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

NO it's an issue with 1.5.8. My 2.2 runs extremely well with Oculus. In any event, all my drivers are up to date.

You might want to remove options.lua file of your OpenBeta then and reconfigure gfx settings (as is requested by ED anyway).

If the problem is hidden somewhere there, reinstalling probably won't help.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

You might want to remove options.lua file of your OpenBeta then and reconfigure gfx settings (as is requested by ED anyway).

If the problem is hidden somewhere there, reinstalling probably won't help.

Hey Art!

Thanks for that tip. I deleted it and now it is back to normal, :thumbup:

Looks like this works, still downloading :).

It really did work? That's great to hear, thanks! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I had issues with 1.5.8 OB running on Oculus, prior to the download to 2.5. Issue was major screen freezes ( 2 -6 seconds) lots of stuttering.

Well I updated to 2.5 via my OB and brought that stutter freezing issue with it!!,

No Oculus here, but mayor stutters after upgrade 1.5.8 to 2.5,

not in 1080p/1 screen, but when I extend to my 4x1080p screens (5760x2160)

It's the cockpit rendering with 4 screens, when I switch 'HUD only' view, the stutter disappears,

HDR Trees look horrible by the way, might be I have a shaders problem

I uninstall and wait till the severs get less busy and try again

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

What??? No update today? I'm so disappointed! LOL.....just kidding!

Hahahahaha!!! Yeah I wonder what the issue could be? :music_whistling:

:lol:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Well, there was an update today:

Version 2.6.24:

- Fixed moving files when OpenAplha is on a different drive.

- When/if OpenAlpha uninstalls, wait for completion.

- Updated HTTP/2 library.

Right after I spent two days downloading 45GB again because I had 2.2 with Nevada installed on another drive and the old installer couldn't copy the files properly.

Always a pleasure to be a betatester for ED.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Thats the point of an Open Beta.

Maybe. But finding such obvious issues so late, sometimes makes me wonder what the internal ED testers are doing...

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I can't understand why they don't have more of the changes listed in their changelogs. There is a TON of changes that are not listed- I just think it is weird that the people that work on it don't want it mentioned. The new tracers and flak effects, improved textures in Normandy, changes to trees in Normandy (to make roads visible again), changes to the grass (Still the ugly stones lying everywhere though). And these are just a few of the things that I picked up personally. 2.5 is a tremendous update, but the changelog looks very humble.

Maybe. But finding such obvious issues so late, sometimes makes me wonder what the internal ED testers are doing...

I think your definition of obvious differs from mine.

Until people started mentioning it recently in relation to the 2.5 update, I didn't know having multiple versions installed in multiple locations was a thing at all.

Edited by Buzzles
spelling

Also.

We here are 60.000 forum users. Taking in count most of DCS user are not here in this forum, the number could be higher than 150.000? 200.000?

This means 150.000 different computers, graphic drivers, graphic cards, SO, memories, programs installed, hardware options, etc. Billions of possible combinations.

How many testers ED have? 50?-100?, How many combinations they can test?

This is why is so important to test an Open Beta version, CLEAN, NO MODDED, to report things very useful to ED, and the final result is a Release version as much cleaned and polished as possible.

Anyway if someone doesnt like the Open Beta experience just dont use it.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4