joystick problem

colubridae

Hello. I’ve just started using DCS again. I used to play on the old lock-on game.

I’ve bought a speedlink tornado joystick and all seemed to be working well.

Everything is fine with the mustang, frogfoot and F-15C, but I’ve just bought the A-10C and the plane drifts left and severely up.

I assumed that there was something wrong with the calibration so tried again with F-15C. This works perfectly. Please help.

Colubridae

Hello:)

often the players forget to check which are the joysticks recognized and indicated in the game. If two peripherals (joystick, pad) use the same assignments, it results conflicts and erratic actions. Take the trouble to verify that in DCS, in especially the rudder which sometimes interact on the throttle.If you want to post a screenshot this will be the capture of the DCS menu for joysticks.

Hello:)

often the players forget to check which are the joysticks recognized and indicated in the game. If two peripherals (joystick, pad) use the same assignments, it results conflicts and erratic actions. Take the trouble to verify that in DCS, in especially the rudder which sometimes interact on the throttle.If you want to post a screenshot this will be the capture of the DCS menu for joysticks.

Thanks for reply.

1331623887_joystickcontrols.thumb.jpg.31e1b1a43a6861eb8fcdde8d8356d914.jpg

attached is copy of controls as you requested.

I emphasize that the joystick works perfectly well on mustang frogfoot an F-15.

it almost works on A-10C, just a continuous drift of pitch up. If I fight the pitch up the plane is 'flyable' but only just. combat is virtually impossble.

:joystick:

Ok for the axes, but the assignments of the buttons to commands can also cause a conflict: Imagine that you have a joystick button that is permanently pressed and that corresponds to an axis?

As you can play with the keys of the keyboard, maybe your joystick activates one which makes disfigure the A10.

You have to check everything, or delete everything and redo the entire template.

Hey man, I meant something like this:

So we can see both what you are doing in game and how your control inputs are.

I'm not sure how to create a video.

I've saved a track of the control column as seen from inside the cockpit. Can I attach that and will it do?

I emphasize that the joystick very well with mustang, frogfoot and F-15.

Thanks for your help

Ok for the axes, but the assignments of the buttons to commands can also cause a conflict: Imagine that you have a joystick button that is permanently pressed and that corresponds to an axis?

As you can play with the keys of the keyboard, maybe your joystick activates one which makes disfigure the A10.

You have to check everything, or delete everything and redo the entire template.

roger that I will disable all joystick buttons.

I'm not sure how to create a video.

I've saved a track of the control column as seen from inside the cockpit. Can I attach that and will it do?

I emphasize that the joystick very well with mustang, frogfoot and F-15.

Thanks for your help

You can use a recording software like nvidia's shadowplay, fraps, open broadcaster software etc. Im not sure if a track file can do the job, they sometimes show things that actually didnt happen in-game.

If it's a very subtle drift, could this potentially be as designed, based on the speed that the OP is flying? He can trim for level flight if that's the case.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Nevermind, I just reread the post, it's a severe upward movement

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Hi colubridae - you should remapp all your controls, axis and button, for the A10c. Sometimes weird stuff happens with some controls and to me often get solved by remapping all controls of the plane that "bugs".

Thanks for your advice. :book:

I’m not sure what you mean by ‘map'. Do you mean make the changes to the controls list?

Or is there some other process that I’ve not gone through?

If it is simply redoing the controls list then I will certainly try to re-do the controls list. Should I reset their values to the default first?

I think I will try to recalibrate the joystick as when I first installed it as well.

I should point out that this is a dirt cheap joystick. It’s only got three axes and eight buttons.

It does have force feedback, which operates on the mustang and the frogfoot, but not on the F-15C or the A-10C (don’t know if that helps any). It looks identical to the old Microsoft joystick I had years ago.

ps despite this hiccup, the simulator is awesome.

Kind regards colubridae

By mapping he means assigning. I would just clear every control column inside the controls menu and start fresh. Did you try disabling force feedback maybe thats the culprit?

Have tried all you suggested.

recalibrated the joystick.

reduced FF to 0 trimmer and shake

reassigned axes. still same problem. It's as if the central position of the cockpit control column simply doesn't match the central position of the real world joystick.

F-15C, mustang and frogfoot all work beautifully.

it's very disappointing.:joystick::(

am desperate, any suggestions?

Hi again colubridae. I didn't understand it was a force feedback joystick. If so the solution is very simple :

In the A10c axis control menu, click on (select) one of X or Y axis, then click on "FF tune", and then check "swap force feedback axis" or something similar (I don't exactly know what is it in English).

After that it will be OK (I had similar problem and it was the solution for me).

BTW do the same thing for all Aircraft you own : it will solve any axis pb and it will also make the trim buttons to work correctly (if not, trim nose down will trim right wing up, etc... everything is messed up).

Bye.

I'm going through the same problem. I reinstalled DCS World again just before the 2.5 update and I am seeing a definite drift either left or right depending on trim for a set airspeed, like the A10 is balancing on a knife edge.

There are no stores and I am not adjusting the throttle, I am just trying to attain straight and level flight. With the Hershey Bar type wings and it's ability to fly at slow speeds, this aircraft should be steady as a rock. Many people on here say it is the easiest plane to trim, yet I am now finding it difficult to get it to be stable.

I am using the Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Pedals, and Track IR. I have every aircraft module but absolutely love the A10. It flies beautifully but if I need to track a particular heading, it becomes such hard work that I can't do anything else other than concentrate on flying.

There is an A10 pilot on Reddit and Quora, who say pilots can grip the stick between their knees and fly it, such is the stability but I wouldn't trust my DCS bird between my legs.

I sent a track to support and he said when he took over the track, he was able to get it straight and level. That suggests it is a setting on my machine. He also said it was indicative of heavy trimming, I guess holding it for too long but I couldn't make it any shorter. I've tried just flicking the POV control but it's still the same.

Thanks everyone for your advice.

On a hunch, I uninstalled the 'driver' that came with the joystick, all works fine now.

Have not yet retried the FF, I will apprise the outcome at a later date.

Once again thanks for advice and help

DCS is the greatest.

:joystick::pilotfly::)

I have retried FF i.e. by setting it to a non-zero value but the joystick shows no FF response.

As I was not looking for FF and it was only a cheap jstick i'm quite happy. :)

My plan was to use the cheap jstick to continue playing, getting used to the game again etc, then spend out on a stick throttle and pedals suite.

Again thanks for all the advice.

:)

This is a process of elimination, and you should not need to do a complete remap.

If its drifting left or right, then, look at roll and rudder mapping. If you don't have a rudder then its simpler.

Use DIView.exe to check that all is well with your axes first. (PM me if you can't find a copy).

then go to the game and remove the Key mapping (if any) for the rudder and roll controls. Now go to the analog AXIS controls and map the appropriate axes, and make sure nothing else is mapped to those axes except the one you want to use. Also make sure you aircraft is 'clean' so there no stores in-balance. In the axis tweak, section test you axes, and set a dead zone for each.

You may have a similar problem with the pitch control but you can test that separately from the roll and rudder, as It has no impact on those.

Hope this helps.

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]