AMD graphics not used

DCS World will not utilize my discrete AMD Radeon R9 M380 graphics; it operates with the integrated Intel HD530 only. The AMD driver does not detect the DCS game, and even when the game is added manually using the Radeon switchable graphics screens it has no effect. The Radeon screen displays the high performance option but the Windows 10 task manager shows the game using the power saving Intel driver only. FSX and P3D both use the AMD graphics, both the graphics drivers are current, and this happens with both DCS 1.5.8 and 2.5.0. Maybe DCS thinks the Intel driver is better?

Why don't you just plug in your monitor directly to your AMD card?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

How do you know that the AMD driver does not detect DCS?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

this is why hybrid graphics arent good for gaming.

You need to make a profile for DCS.exe and tell it to use discrete GPU.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 4 months later...
this is why hybrid graphics arent good for gaming.

Actually, this is why trying to use a non-gaming machine for gaming is not a good idea.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Update:

So I found the issue is that DCS.exe in the main folder is not the actual program that is running when the game is running.

Add the DCS.exe in "\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\bin\DCS.exe" as the program to force use your GPU and that should fix the issue.

The Radeon Control Center will not auto detect this .exe, you will have to add it manually.