DCS F/A-18C OFP 13C, Lot 20, ATFLIR Thread - Page 406 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-21-2018, 01:22 PM   #4051
QuiGon
Veteran

Reputation power: 28
QuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven68 View Post
Lovely explanation QuiGon! Sorry for my ignorance, but I thought there had been some sort of raycasting in DCSW all along. I recall some time ago when the Mig-21 was being developed, there was a video demonstrating the radar and there was some sort of cone being projected from the nose of the aircraft to simulate the beam. I guess it was a very simplistic simulation, but I would love to see some sort of illustration of this new tech. Gosh I love this stuff!!!
Yes, I remember that there was something about raycasting for the the MiG-21 radar too. I think this is why it can detect clouds as well. Another radar that is using raycasting in DCS is the ground mapping radar of the Viggen.

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
f-18