** The Tomcat Dream... ** - Page 7 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-18-2017, 05:21 PM   #61
SCHOOL

Reputation power: 2
SCHOOL is on a distinguished road

Show some early renders of the prototype.That's what I was suggesting. I have a perfect spot for it when it arrives................
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NoName2.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	352.1 KB
ID:	170835  
SCHOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 02:17 AM   #62
Jdmboyef9

Reputation power: 0
Jdmboyef9 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGator View Post
Statement that is to be outdated soon.
I wish you guys would at least give us an approximate release on the throttle. I have my Gunfighter Pro on order and no throttle. As of today I have had my 3rd attempt at purchasing a warthog throttle go belly up with yet another new malfunctioning item straight from the box. Please don't make me buy the Virpil as I have been VKB since I first started.
Jdmboyef9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 12:06 AM   #63
sphinx

Reputation power: 0
sphinx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGator View Post
It is not tomorrow that F14 comes anywhere near. So you will have plenty of time to enjoy the MCG
So, I'm assuming that either the F-14 is not going to be released this year or the grip will come after release. Either way is a bummer. I would really like to see a "special edition" with the F-14 and grip bundled.
Old 10-31-2017, 05:39 AM   #64
sc_neo

Reputation power: 3
sc_neo is on a distinguished road

I'd be pleasantly surprised if proved wrong of course, but in my book it would not make real sense for Heatblur, Ed and Razbam to have both releases compete around years end. And we would not really miss out.We simply get a further developed F-14 whenever it eventually arrives.
sc_neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 11:58 AM   #65
Scrape

Reputation power: 9
Scrape will become famous soon enoughScrape will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc_neo View Post
I'd be pleasantly surprised if proved wrong of course, but in my book it would not make real sense for Heatblur, Ed and Razbam to have both releases compete around years end. And we would not really miss out.We simply get a further developed F-14 whenever it eventually arrives.
I think it would make a lot of sense. Not all in the same weekend, but back to back yes.

I would release it like this:
Month 1 - 2.5
Month 1 - New module (since the Harrier trailer is out then Harrier is up first.)
Month 2 - New module F-14 (Because I wanted this one to be first
Month 3 - New module F-18 (ED finishes this group with the flagship and any remaining ocean vessels as the first patch update to 2.5)
Month 4 - Maintenance
Month 5 - Sale for older modules (target is new players who might be curious of other modules)

Once 2.5 is in then it's safe to bring in as many players as possible with the modules. Bringing in new players before 2.5 is premature. The split player experience and cost of the 2.0 maps will turn off a lot of players. Once the new Caucus map is available then a presentable experience is open to newcomers. 1.5 is an old map that has become dated to anyone not already all in with DCS, and the good looking newest maps are behind an intimidating initial price point for the full experience.

With the new Caucus map as the base the game can expand its player base freely. A normal initial price point for a module gets a player into the game and they won't have to feel like they are settling for 2nd rate. The Caucus map has every environment needed to make use of all the modules if configured properly to include naval ops. The rest is a specialized experience that players will warm up to paying because they have already been satisfied with a quality experience.

VMA-223 Bulldogs
Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1
Scrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 02:03 AM   #66
Sokol1_br

Reputation power: 30
Sokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Sokol1_br

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHOOL View Post
Show some early renders of the prototype.
https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/...19#entry565307
Sokol1_br is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 02:04 AM   #67
RaceFuel85

Reputation power: 3
RaceFuel85 is a jewel in the roughRaceFuel85 is a jewel in the roughRaceFuel85 is a jewel in the roughRaceFuel85 is a jewel in the roughRaceFuel85 is a jewel in the roughRaceFuel85 is a jewel in the roughRaceFuel85 is a jewel in the rough

Any more word from VKB on this?

LION 200
Commanding Officer, Fighter Squadron 213
CDR J. "Dog" Lotton

www.cvw-8.org
RaceFuel85 is offline   Reply With Quote