Upuaut's Bell-47G/H-13 Sioux for DCS World - Teaser

Eight Ball

Did you copy the files mentioned earlier?

What files do you mean?

I use Bell47_2 V-2 from your post #140. With bin folder from Uh-1, of course.

I tried my old input for this Bell47, new renamed input folder from Uh-1 and new input from scratch. In 1.5.8 and 2.2.

All work fine. Except trimmer.

Edited by Alacc17

фил фоба не слаще...

i5-3570K, 24GB DDR3-1600, 6GB GTX1060, Win7x64

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What files do you mean?

I use Bell47_2 V-2 from your post #140. With bin folder from Uh-1, of course.

I tried my old input for this Bell47, new renamed input folder from Uh-1 and new input from scratch. In 1.5.8 and 2.2.

All work fine. Except trimmer.

I guess it's the files mentioned in my post, #145:

To get the throttle to work, copy device_init.lua and devices.lua from UH-1H\Cockpit\Scripts and place in corresponding location for the 47.

This is for the throttle, I haven't tried the trim so I can't answer if it affects the trim too but I would guess it does.

• Like 1

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

I am glad she works for you guys.

The more I think about it, I MAY have done a few edits to get this to work.

What they were escapes me presently!

It has been a while.

I will up-date the first post with the link, and do the same in the mods forum.

I will add the updated install instructions and any code you guys give me permission to add.

All should be able to enjoy her!

Give me a day or so to put it together into a package.

I may also play with the code a bit and see if.................Weapons? :music_whistling:

I think I put the cockpit into a Kiowa! Stretchers too!

Now where did I park that Chopper..............

So..... I assume permission is granted to add the needed code? :D

Will you do this on the newest version on upuaut's Dropbox? It was edited less than two weeks ago, it seems he is still working on it from time to time. Or have someone (you?) taken over responsibility for it?

That version needs some tweaking though, as it is now there is no cockpit showing.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Will you do this on the newest version on upuaut's Dropbox? It was edited less than two weeks ago, it seems he is still working on it from time to time. Or have someone (you?) taken over responsibility for it?

That version needs some tweaking though, as it is now there is no cockpit showing.

I do not have access to the core files. Or to the drop box.

Other than to down load it, same as anyone else.

Early in the development, He did send me the mod so I could help with a few issues.

I suggested the stretchers......And he did listen!

Since that time, He has kept it "in house"

If he is still working on it. this is GREAT news!

I would love to see it move to beta stage.

So I suggest a community petition, signed and sent to upuaut, Asking for a beta version with perhaps a few more weapons.

With offers to help.

I think this is one of the most popular mods released in some time!

We can then ask crazyeddie for a few more liveries.

Vietnam and Korea come to mind.

We have a Mash version now!

I will try to maintain my working version, with any community fixes, and keep it available until we hear from him.

He has not posted in some time................

So, Who would like to be the "point man" and try to communicate with him?

We would all love at least a updated post from him!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

When comparing the content of your version, Hawkeye60, to the latest I downloaded yesterday from upuaut's Dropbox with WinMerge, there was no difference!

I then tried to use the official ones again, and now it worked too?

I must have messed up when trying out before.

Anyhow, I don't think you need to provide your version as like you plan, after all it turned up to be the same as the latest from upuaut (entry.lua last edited January 14 2018, he was online here that same day).

We'll see if we get some more (silent and secret) help from him ones 2.5 is released.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Strange that you were not the only one with issues.

And using my version fixed every one!

Perhaps others who had problems could try the original version to see if it works for them as well.

Ah the mysteries of modding!

We will keep the link as is for now.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Is it possible to know which is the correct version to use?

I have found a 371mb package, a 433mb and a 431mb. The 433mb works but the weapons can't be fired. The 371mb only seems to work as an AI aircraft.

Are the weapons supposed to work or are they for show only?

Regardless of all that, thanks to the modders who made this, it's really cool and the FM feels great!

Is it possible to know which is the correct version to use?

I have found a 371mb package, a 433mb and a 431mb. The 433mb works but the weapons can't be fired. The 371mb only seems to work as an AI aircraft.

Are the weapons supposed to work or are they for show only?

Regardless of all that, thanks to the modders who made this, it's really cool and the FM feels great!

I would ask upuaut.

He is the keeper of the magic!

Or use whatever suits your mood!

I do not think weapons work but I could be wrong. I DO know i can not add any new ones and have them work.

YMMV

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I am giving the Bell 47 another try and I must say the previous posts really helped me about the throttle and all.

Yet, now I have this annoying issue with a huge flame appearing on the right . Does anyone know about this ? is it a known issue ?

Thanks for any help...

Screen_180217_132611.thumb.png.905c6b8d56eac6527845d833d7488bf0.png

Edited by swiss_lipo

Anyone got this working in 2.5?

See post 140

• 1 month later...
My bad. I had an original Bell 47 installed in open beta which of course is 2.5 obviously caused a conflict. All good now thanks mate

It works for you under 2.5?

In which path of DCS you have installed Sioux? I have download mod from post 140, but looks like that its not loaded in game. I tried mods folder, core mods folder, saved folder ..

Thanks for help.

It works for you under 2.5?

In which path of DCS you have installed Sioux? I have download mod from post 140, but looks like that its not loaded in game. I tried mods folder, core mods folder, saved folder ..

Thanks for help.

It works for me in 2.5.

It shall be installed in the saved games folder, DCS.Open...\Mods\aircrafts\.

Did you remember to copy the bin folder from the Huey?

Also it has been reported by some that you have to assign controller axis to it before you can enter the cockpit.

If it's installed correctly it shall turn up in the module manager too.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

nope do not work as you write for 2.5

in 1.5.8 all work OK in this path

C:\Users\(name)\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\aircraft\Bell47_2 V-2

in 2.5 same content of course with BIN folder UH-1H included in same path do not work, its not loaded. In module manager its not presented.

C:\Users\(name)\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft\Bell47_2 V-2

Is need in any place in 2.5 in settings allowed loading mods?

Edited by Magot

Is need in any place in 2.5 in settings allowed loading mods?

No, nothing.

And did you go into controller setup to see if it's listed there? And module manager?

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

See this thread,

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=186497&highlight=bell

read the last few posts.

Link to working version inside for 2.5

Thanks, I have fixed it. After complete reinstall is all works ok.

Looks like that incremental update from 2.2 to 2.5 was not best way.

So only weapons do not work. Or is there any fix on it? Or its limitation this alpha version?

Edited by Magot

Hi All,

Please find below a link to a few liveries I wanted to put together for this helo. I am a novice skinner but please enjoy.

Simply download the liveries and after extracting them you will be left with a folder called Liveries.

Replace the current Liveries folder with this one. It contains all the previous skins that were available, so you won't loose those.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EPOvtfoJks1z0Cdz4Ph5sJw0lpGx7XnO/view?usp=sharing

Carabinieri:

attachment.php?attachmentid=181874&stc=1&d=1522575268

US Army Camo:

attachment.php?attachmentid=181875&stc=1&d=1522575268

US Army Winter Camo:

attachment.php?attachmentid=181876&stc=1&d=1522575268

British Army UN:

attachment.php?attachmentid=181877&stc=1&d=1522575445

L.V.P.D.

attachment.php?attachmentid=181878&stc=1&d=1522575445

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel