JF-17 Thunder Discussions

probad

2 часа назад, Mike_Romeo сказал:

Unlikely. They said the going to add it once the Pakistan airforce added them to their block 1 fighters

Well, no matter how much DCS is a simulator, sometimes linking to real life does not do anything good, in this case, the potential in the dogfight is reduced. Honestly, I am more inclined and hope that DEKA does not introduce HMD because they do not know what its display looks like, and not because Pakistan did not purchase them for the first block

49 минут назад, FlankerFan35 сказал:

Sadly, JF-17 carried neither PL-7 or 8, only PL-5, AIM-9 and since recently on 17C, PL-10E.

Maybe, I don't know, JF is very modern and 70% of the information is classified.
In theory, there should be no problems hanging the PL-8.
PL-5 are so terrible in the role of dogfight missiles for JF-17 vs 9X and P-73 that it's a shame to talk about it.

Edited by Low_Quality

1小时前,Low_Quality说:

If so, you need to trade your pylons for SD-10 to carry it. PL-8 is too large and too heavy for normal IR missile points. When used on J-7, its weight caused severe stability problem after launch. The tip pylon of JF could be traced back to F-5F and only for sidewinder or its analogue before PL-10. On JH-7 with same tip pylons, you will find it carries both PL-5 and PL-8 simultaneously, only because the tip pylon can only carry PL-5.

Instead, I would imagine a PL-9. It's basically a python 3 made into an obese sidewinder shape to bypass the export limitation. Although still heavier than exact sidewinder, it seems more possible and practicable.

Human allowed, demon allowed, Deka never allowed.

Distort allowed, provoke allowed, fight back never allowed.

2小时前,Low_Quality说:

Funny, I didn't know Python 3 was so heavy. I assumed it should be heavier than Sidewinder, but not that heavy.

In fact, python 3/PL-8 may be the second heaviest AA missile (120 kg) used by MiG-21 analogues, even heavier than R-73(about 105 kg) and only lighter than R-77 used in India. While the sidewinder weighs a bit more than 80 kg iirc, and the early version lighter (J-7 uses PL-2 and PL-5 before PL-8, which can be traced back to AIM-9B/D respectively). The difference of weight is even smaller between python 3 and AIM-120 than between python 3 and sidewinder.

The main problem on J-7 is that PL-8 uses full length launch rail instead of drop pylon, and its weight causes too much impulse and recoil in launch. The launching disturbance, rocket gas and mass change cause the nose up and wing rise on the launched side. If you level off right away the smoke will choke the engine. This problem also happened when launching PL-2, but extremely severe with PL-8, sometimes causing over 40 deg roll. So 120 kg additional weight was added in the nose to balance the missile and strengthened wing frame before the double delta wing was introduced, and the normal operation is pull up and steer with the disturbance of launch, and level off after moving away from the smoke.

Edited by Torbernite

Human allowed, demon allowed, Deka never allowed.

Distort allowed, provoke allowed, fight back never allowed.

9 hours ago, Low_Quality said:

Maybe, I don't know, JF is very modern and 70% of the information is classified.
PL-5 are so terrible in the role of dogfight missiles for JF-17 vs 9X and P-73 that it's a shame to talk about it.

PL-5 may be less capable than 9X/73 but its more than enough in most situations.

• Like 1

There is a very good reason that Israel can’t use Pythons on their wingtip rails for F-16A when they first started using them, and were forced to use up their AIM-9 stock until further upgrades of the F-16A were possible. 

Im pretty sure even in the past Uboats has said, the PL-8/9 is just too heavy for the wing tip pylon, so it’s not an option 

To quote Deka devs from a post long ago, “dreams are for when you sleep.” 

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

@uboats

I was doing so research and I was wondering if you knew the answer.

I have an old Aviation Week and Space Technology article. It refers to the KLJ-7 as a KLJ-3 with a smaller antenna. Janes claims the same thing but they call the KLJ-3 the KLJ-10, which I think is wrong. Is this true? Looking at both radars it doesn’t seem certain, I’m sure they have a lot of similarities coming from the same company but I can’t find anything definitive.

https://web.archive.org/web/20121028055642/http://articles.janes.com/articles/Janes-Avionics/KLJ-710-Fire-Control-Radar-FCR-China.html

B423D2E7-7C9B-425F-9B7A-E0F5326FC9A9.png

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Low_Quality said:

Can you please help and tell me what each parameter is responsible for?null

the english manual by Deka is not released yet, but that info is on Chuck’s Guide.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

4 hours ago, Low_Quality said:

Can you please help and tell me what each parameter is responsible for?null

image.png

From upper left down: 

TGT MODE:

Target Of Opportunity (TOO) - use when you find something to bomb during the mission. An opportunity, not a planned attack. 
Pre Planned (PP, not shown)- Exactly what it says. A target you knew about, knew it’s location and have planned all along to attack 

OPTION

SNGL - one drop per Weapon Release press

PAIR - (not pictured) Drops a pair of whatever per Weapon Release press 

IMP AZ - you got me, I forgot (doh!)

OAP - forgot, sorry

Space: - if you drop a pair, or more, literally the timing between each individual both drop in the series 

IMP ANG - drawing a blank here. 

What’s your switchology during this presentation? If you tell me that, I’ll be able to deduce the fields that aren’t ringing a memory bell. The good news is the aircraft is very user friendly. Once you figure out this screen’s information, you’re going to get (basically) the same presentation for each air to ground weapon. You’ve made a great choice learning the most underrated and most complete module out there. 

let me know if I can help! 

hobo 1-1 on GAW, PGAW, TNN and Lima Kilo Levant 

Edited by Hobo 1-1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Hobo 1-1 said:

IMP AZ - you got me, I forgot (doh!)

Impact Azimuth

OAP - forgot, sorry

I assume that's Offset Aiming Point

IMP ANG - drawing a blank here. 

Impact Angle

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is there a way to also jettison the pylons for the fuel tanks kind of like in the f-16? I also noticed that you can now jettison fuel tanks at mach0.89 where i thought that previously it was at around mach 0.85. Is there a official change log of all the new changes?

5小时前,Leon.S说:

Is there a way to also jettison the pylons for the fuel tanks kind of like in the f-16? I also noticed that you can now jettison fuel tanks at mach0.89 where i thought that previously it was at around mach 0.85. Is there a official change log of all the new changes?

I think the speed limit was always 0.9 mach

😿

How long will fix it?

And..

Will there be a "smooth" animation of the buttons in the cockpit?

IMG_6376.jpeg

Edited by WaffenCat

YouTube - WaffenCatLive

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64 | ASrock Fatal1ty K4 gaming x470 | SSD m.2 Samsung 970 EVO | AMD Ryzen 7 2700X (4.3Ghz) | RAM 32G ddr4 ballistix Sport (3200MHz) | Super JetStream GeForce RTX2080 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]