Can we get some information on the new free map to be released in 2019?

MobiSev

• ED Team

Hi MobiSev

We do not have any news to share at the moment about future terrains, when we do we will pass it on to you all.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi MobiSev

We do not have any news to share at the moment about future terrains, when we do we will pass it on to you all.

Thanks

Well...hopefully we get some news soon :)

OR

Plot twist: The free map has already been announced, we just have not been told it's free and are just assuming it's paid.

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

Well...hopefully we get some news soon :)

OR

Plot twist: The free map has already been announced, we just have not been told it's free and are just assuming it's paid.

You mean something like the upcoming Cliffs of Dover map, so that interested WW2 pilots have a place to try out DCS for free? :music_whistling:

#speculation

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Any new map information would be cool, PG is feature complete as are all of the other maps.

With the Tomcat, Hornet, and Harrier all released, and the upcoming modern modules, I feel like maps are really the place where DCS is lacking content.

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

With the upcoming Viper, maybe Korea (north and south) would be an original choice. Also maybe this could very well be combined with a DC :thumbup:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

With the upcoming Viper, maybe Korea (north and south) would be an original choice. Also maybe this could very well be combined with a DC :thumbup:

For sure! A Korean terrain would also be a fitting home to the Mig-15 and Sabre...

Ryzen 7 2700, MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC, 16GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200, 970 EVO 1TB SSD, eVGA GTX 1080 8GB ACX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

free map discussion:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=239157

includes also hints from wags, have fun reading all :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

My bet it is Crimea

Theres an entire thread talking about why ED will never make a Crimea map

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

There are a few clues out there. If you check out the "About Us" section of thebattlesim website and scroll down, you'll notice a bullet point that says something to effect of:

New theaters in development: Syria, Crimea, and Afghanistan

I'd say that reference is a pretty reliable source...

It will be the Wags's favourite place to fly in real life. Whatever that is.
Well, that kind of rules out the southern Baltic that I think would be good for both WW2 and Cold War ;)

Rules out all modern conflict areas as well with dusty deserts... And how fun is Korea to fly over even though I would love to have that map...

And the cliffs of Dover? Not super fun at least accept the iconic white cliffs that every aircraft interested person naturally want to pass in a Spitfire Mk I or II (that we don't have).

So really, it has to be some pacific islands, Vietnam (with a Huey - who wouldn't want to do that?) or a small Mach Loop training map...

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and DCS on separate Intel 665P NVME SSD

There are a few clues out there. If you check out the "About Us" section of thebattlesim website and scroll down, you'll notice a bullet point that says something to effect of:

Crimea could be in development for a WWII map.... like in that other sim!

I'd like the new free map to be Iraq (since, IIRC, it's confirmed that Syria and Afghanistan will be paid maps), modern engagements from 1991 to today.

Thanks, that's hard to ignore.

It would also dovetail off the Caucasus map technically speaking, in that many of the structures and textures can be reused since it's literally just West of it.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wags said in latest update he will post pics soon, wondering why so many secretism, no need for an ETA but at least telling us the area covered would be very nice.

MnPl1zx.jpg

Edited by Stratos
Added the picture.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Wags said in latest update he will post pics soon, wondering why so many secretism, no need for an ETA but at least telling us the area covered would be very nice.

MnPl1zx.jpg

+1000

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5