Kneeboard Builder (windows app) - Page 17 - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2015, 11:35 AM   #161
johnv2pt0
Member
 
johnv2pt0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 557
Default

This is the beez neez man. Great job and thanks!

With the dynamic mission brief would it be possible to list the frequencies as channels as well as the MHz for aircraft that only have channel selectors?

For example, I jump into a F-86 on a server and it tells me that AWACS is on 236.00 but as the pilot in somebody else's mission I have no idea what channel 236.00 is.
johnv2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 01:44 PM   #162
AlaskanGrizzly
Member
 
AlaskanGrizzly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnv2pt0 View Post
With the dynamic mission brief would it be possible to list the frequencies as channels as well as the MHz for aircraft that only have channel selectors?

For example, I jump into a F-86 on a server and it tells me that AWACS is on 236.00 but as the pilot in somebody else's mission I have no idea what channel 236.00 is.

The preset radio frequencies should be listed on the first radio page if you are flying an aircraft with preset radios. It lists the preset channel, frequency and unit or group the frequency is assigned to.

The issue with my list is it only displays one unit or group per frequency; if two flights share a frequency only one flight will show up assigned to that preset channel.

For instance on the image below: The AWACS (Overload) shares 253 AM with Krymsk Tower and only Krymsk Tower is shown next to radio preset channel #9.



I could list each flight or group assigned to each preset, but I was concerned about adding another one or two pages to a kneeboard that is already a pain to flip through one at a time.

The simplest fix is for mission designers to assign unique frequencies to each flight or group and make sure the important ones are assigned a preset channel.
AlaskanGrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 06:28 PM   #163
AlaskanGrizzly
Member
 
AlaskanGrizzly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 405
Exclamation Version 1.6.3.0 Released

Version 1.6.3.0 is now available.

VERSION 1.6.3.0

-Ghostscript installation no longer required to to import .PDF files


You may safely uninstall Ghostscript from your system if you wish. PDF import is handled internally now.
AlaskanGrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 09:26 PM   #164
2sonmike
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 28
Default

Thank You for making this!
2sonmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 10:17 PM   #165
Poneybirds
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 50
Default

Hi AlaskanGrizzly

I never used KBB and just installed it for the first time.

When starting it, I get a pop-up twice. See the attached screenshot.
I have configured the paths and it seems to work great otherwise.
Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Error.png
Views:	190
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	112292  
Poneybirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 11:15 PM   #166
AlaskanGrizzly
Member
 
AlaskanGrizzly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poneybirds View Post
When starting it, I get a pop-up twice. See the attached screenshot.
I have configured the paths and it seems to work great otherwise.
Any ideas?
I found the problem. A fix is inbound.

Thanks for reporting it.

Last edited by AlaskanGrizzly; 01-30-2015 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Problem found
AlaskanGrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 11:50 PM   #167
AlaskanGrizzly
Member
 
AlaskanGrizzly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 405
Default Version 1.6.3.1 Released

Version 1.6.3.1 is now available.

VERSION 1.6.3.1

-fixed file not found error message on startup
-various code optimizations
AlaskanGrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 12:24 PM   #168
9./JG52 Ziegler
Junior Member
 
9./JG52 Ziegler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 37
Default

Thanks for this AG. Really well thought out and very cool. Does this replace any kneeboard folder in Saved games or just add to it? For instance I have Uboats kneeboard folder in saved games currently. Should I delete this or leave it to be added too?

Last edited by 9./JG52 Ziegler; 01-31-2015 at 12:59 PM.
9./JG52 Ziegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 08:13 PM   #169
AlaskanGrizzly
Member
 
AlaskanGrizzly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9./JG52 Ziegler View Post
Thanks for this AG. Really well thought out and very cool. Does this replace any kneeboard folder in Saved games or just add to it? For instance I have Uboats kneeboard folder in saved games currently. Should I delete this or leave it to be added too?
My program will end up erasing anything currently in your 'Saved Games/DCS/Kneeboard' folder.

Anytime you create a custom kneeboard using Kneeboard Builder it will clear anything already in that kneeboard. For instance if you create a custom kneeboard for A-10C, it will clear everything in 'Saved Games/DCS/Kneeboard/A-10C'. If you create a custom kneeboard for the general kneeboard it will clear any files not in a subfolder in 'Saved Games/DCS/Kneeboard'.

If you want to use some of the kneeboard files from Uboats' kneeboard folder with my program you should add the files you want to a Group within Kneeboard Builder. Then you can add and remove those files from your custom kneeboards at will. Let me know if you need further clarification or instructions on how to do that.
AlaskanGrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 02:39 PM   #170
Vespa
Member
 
Vespa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanGrizzly View Post
If you want to use some of the kneeboard files from Uboats' kneeboard folder with my program you should add the files you want to a Group within Kneeboard Builder. Then you can add and remove those files from your custom kneeboards at will. Let me know if you need further clarification or instructions on how to do that.
Sorry for asking...I'm interested in detailed info to achieve that.

Thanks a lot for your great tool AlaskanGrizzly...I love it.
Vespa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:21 AM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.