Moving Map

chardly38

I usually don't compare other modules to another but here you can see the the map in the A10 with all of the information is easy to see where the AV8B is just to difficult. Is there any planes to making this better.

Map.bmp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

Not 100% sure but from what I have seen it seems like it might be that way IRL.

bVwwBRN.png

I agree it isnt the best design though. But that is why you can turn the moving map off.

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

The map on the right is the one you'd also use in the A-10 in order to know where the boundaries are of the various ranges and the NTTR.

Try turning down the brightness some, raise the contrast a bit and be sure your symbology is at its brightest. I find this makes that style of map much more legible.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Both maps are from the NTTR at the same parking spot in Nellis. Contrast doesnt work or not implemented yet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

The harrier is using sectional charts the A-10 is using a tactical chart in that photo. The tactical chart is designed for more detailed information (as clearly shown) ultimately what is displayed is a result of what is loaded into the aircraft.

The Harrier being a faster jet spends less time in an area so the theory goes it doesn't need a chart as detailed. Stateside at least. A sectional is more than sufficient. On top of that the USAF has significantly more resources to devote to ordering and installing different levels of charts into it's aircraft than the USMC. The Marine Corps would just hand the pilots a paper chart and say deal with it. "More with less" it's what the USMC is about.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

It would be nice to have an option for the player to have the map better to read. Not hard to fix.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not 100% sure but from what I have seen it seems like it might be that way IRL.

bVwwBRN.png

I agree it isnt the best design though. But that is why you can turn the moving map off.

Indeed. That is how the map is displayed in any AV-8B version, including the Harrier GR7 and GR9.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

OK. Going for realism is expected for this sim and the team of RAZBAM has done a great job at it. Is contrast and brightness going to be added to the MFCDs. Is there a way to mod to make is readable with the map on.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK. Going for realism is expected for this sim and the team of RAZBAM has done a great job at it. Is contrast and brightness going to be added to the MFCDs. Is there a way to mod to make is readable with the map on.

At this time there is a problem with brightness/contrast control on moving maps. This is something that we are working with ED to solve.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

• 1 month later...
At this time there is a problem with brightness/contrast control on moving maps. This is something that we are working with ED to solve.

The moving-map brightness has been implemented in the F-18 a month ago!

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

It's not a perfect fix, but you can change the color to something that is easier to read, be that a different shade of green or something else entirely. Hope that helps.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=222607

As what "Shadow_1stVFW" says, I could guess that is so, because A-10 can be a observer for friendly troops so it needs to just fly small circuit and do the planning and advice ground troops from routes and positions. While Harrier task is to NOE flying as well get quickly their bearing where and how far and work with the ground troops for delivery and then get back for reloading.

If it would be up to me, I would take unrealistic possibility and get the ABRIS map from a KA-50 available to all moving map capable modules. As that is most clear and easiest to read/use from all of those (and the one I would like to get as a huge SVG file so I could print it in A0 size on wall.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I've noticed the map scale changes with the scale of the knee board map. Hit K and cylce through the different maps with [ and ] and see if that helps.

(Totally not supposed to do that. I've been meaning to report that as a bug)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift