Since 1.5.7 some planes resistent to engine failures

I tested my fixed wing planes for preprogrammed failures with 100%probability in single player missions.

Engines can fail in: Su-25A, Su-25T, MiG-29A+S+G, Su-33

Resistent FC3 planes: Su-27, F-15C, A-10A

Resistent non FC3 planes: F-5E-3, L-39C

Despite the logged engine failure events (" ' " view),

the warnings, black smoke... engines can be functioning normally.

((L-39C track replay still show telemetrics graph 1.5.7.9411.361))

(((track replay and SP mission not force to start with apostrofe view off:state is swappable)))

In my investigation 1.5.6.5199.291 was able to fail all my fixed wing planes engines.

(In 1.5.6 F-15C why don't have windmill mode for gererators in failing state?

RPM is set to 0 immediately when the fail raised.)

NOengine_ALBA.miz

oneengine_f5.miz

a10a-DOUBLEENGINEFAILURE.trk

F15DOUBLEENGINEFAILURE.trk

failures.thumb.png.3e1f3debb896259daf5b7c8743ea61ed.png

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

• 3 weeks later...

the new PFM Su-33 is resistant to engine failures

Tested with OpenBeta: 1.5.7.9891.374

In the two track the two Flanker performs flawlessly after double engine failure.

After landing ground crew fix the error lights. Engines not needed to fixing anything.

su33_ob_DOUBLEENGINEFAILURE.trk

su27_ob_DOUBLEENGINEFAILURE.trk

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

*EDIT*

If the thread title misses [REPORTED] chances are slim that the bug gets fixed. Maybe you should pm a moderator and point him to this thread.

That's a fair point. I'll create a new thread to revive this bug report as I'm not sure PM'ing possibly the wrong person would be the way to go.

Edited by Redglyph

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

I have the same problem and could only find this thread.

I disabled my mods to be sure and executed "repair DCS". In the A-10C I cannot program an engine failure. The score window does make an entry of the failed engine though. Other failures are bugged too. So basic flight training campaign by Maple Flag is broken too due to this (or at least the missions involving triggered failures).

My rig:

My YouTube Channel: https://goo.gl/mWdlQk

PC Specs: Intel i7-3770k 3.5GHz | GeForce RTX 2060Super 8GB | Iiyama Black Hawk G-Master 75Hz dual monitors |16 GB RAM | ASUS Z77 Sabertooth mobo | Saitek PRO Combat Rudder Pedals | TM HOTAS Cougar | TrackIR5 | Win10x64

• 3 weeks later...
Any word on this fix? Wish I had known this or I wouldn't have downloaded the Maple Flag missions.....again 3 years later.

This has been silently fixed in 2.2, I haven't tried in 1.5.8. Do you still have this problem? Which version?

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

This has been silently fixed in 2.2, I haven't tried in 1.5.8. Do you still have this problem? Which version?

Yes still an issue in version 1.5 open Beta. I just tried it last night about 4 times in a pre programmed engine failure exercise. It did not trigger.

Yes still an issue in version 1.5 open Beta. I just tried it last night about 4 times in a pre programmed engine failure exercise. It did not trigger.

It was reported here, but never acknowledged, so I don't know if it was repaired by "luck" in 2.2, or if we can expect it to be repaired in the next 1.5 beta too... I'd say yes, probably, hopefully! But that's just a guess ;)

I confirm, DCS/1.5.8.12667 (x86_64; Windows NT 6.1.7601), the bug is still there.

Screenshot of debriefing, mission and mission log in attachment. Mission triggered multiple failures once in the air, but nothing really happened and no actual failures were endured by the airplane. Still, they are shown in the debrief.

EDIT: apparently the log was again rejected by the upload... hope it's not critical

Screen_171221_115320.thumb.jpg.45ece1849ee3ae78b1f8d079678c71f0.jpg

failure2.miz

Edited by Redglyph

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...