DCS: Black Shark now available on Steam

Wags

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not on steam? Frankly If I wanted to sell something I would want it in as many markets as possible to maximize profit. Also Steam is one of the biggest digital distributers so it makes good business sense to list your product there. It's not about what you like or dislike but about what makes good business sense for TFC/ED.

• Like 1

never thought I'd see the day.

I wish I could transfer my boxed copy cd key to my steam account because the games that do that are way better than the rest of them ^_^

Too bad you just missed that awesome summer sale. Would have been great to see Black Shark up there for cheap.

Does this mean that A10C will be a day0 release on steam ?

Edited by Grimes

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

This is excellent!!!

It would be fantastic if you could enter your serial and receive a steam activation for a hard copy you already own (X3 Terran Conflict does this and it brilliantly gives all oowners the ability to use acheivements and a few other steam related enhancements) but "I No Complain!"

I really hope the other DCS modules get a steam release, its a really good way of tying the series together (and would be an excellent way to distribute compatability patches).

And as per above, don't resist steam, it's a fantastic distro system. I love being able to play games on my PC, then when I go out I can use my Macbook to log into my steam account and get right back into some Team Fortress 2... 2 PC's 2 different OS's - 1 game purchase that follows me everywhere.

Edited by Comieodor

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Excellent move ED. :thumbup:

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Great to finally see it on steam. I am hopeful you will release DCS:A10C on steam at the same time as retail product as I am a heavy user of the steam service and would prefer this method of purchase.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

As someone who bought Flanker 1.5SCE, 2.0, 2.5 (yes again), Lomac (twice), Flaming Cliffs, I had refused to buy any further sims from ED so long as Starforce was being used. I can happily say that I can finally add Black Shark to my collection through steam. Would love to see Flaming Cliffs 2.0 on steam too!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Steam still allow own DRM for games? So wouldn't that mean that Black Shark isn't necessarily without Starforce?

That said, I think it's a great move. Steam definately has a large audience, and a lot of people use Steam almost exclusively. I just bought Black Shark through Direct2Drive, but perhaps DCS:A10 and/or FC2 will be bought on Steam.

MSI 870A-G54, AMD Phenom II X2 555 @Phenom II X4 B55 BE, 3.2 GHz quad-core, Asus EAH4870 DK/HTDI/512MD5, OCZ Gold Edition DDR3 1333MHz 4GB Kit Low-Voltage. Budget = Cheap = Good :D

You are right, but if you had read the first post you would see that its stated that they are not using starforce for the steam version.

By the way, great move ED, im not exactly the greatest steam fan around, but thats still great news. Hope a-10 will go the same way.

Edited by ShalashakaDS

You are right, but if you had read the first post you would see that its stated that they are not using starforce for the steam version.

By the way, great move ED, im not exactly the greatest steam fan around, but thats still great news. Hope a-10 will go the same way.

Sorry, got to excited when I saw the news on Steam this morning. Immediately went here to check things out, but indeed did not read properly.

I will buy Black Shark on Steam as well on the next round of sales. I like the convenience Steam gives.

MSI 870A-G54, AMD Phenom II X2 555 @Phenom II X4 B55 BE, 3.2 GHz quad-core, Asus EAH4870 DK/HTDI/512MD5, OCZ Gold Edition DDR3 1333MHz 4GB Kit Low-Voltage. Budget = Cheap = Good :D

So next question, when's it gunna be on Steam for Mac :)

I doubt it. ED don't really have the resources to re-write the game for another OS. And if they did there would be en epic backlash to those resources not being utilised to get other modules out the door. Fortunately there's bootcamp.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]