F-5 damage model

Mustang

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere in the bugs section but has anyone else found the F-5 damage model to be exceptionally resilient to missile hits?

My experience has been during multiplayer fighting against other clients, it takes at least 2 missiles (sometimes 3) to finish off this tiny jet and if you hit the F-5 with only 1 missile he will always fly away with only a little bit of smoke trailing behind him almost unaffected.

Are you hitting it in the tail? I've noticed tail pipe hits are not as effective as airframe hits on several aircraft. F-5, Sabre, and MiG-15 all come to mind.

It doesn't matter what angle or distance the missiles explode near the airframe, the result seems to be the same everytime.

It seems to work fine on my end in multiplayer. I take a hit to the rear when flying the F-5 and lose my elevators. I hit an F-5 with an R-60 and don't seem to have any issue with effect. If they don't go down immediately, they're crippled. I find the Mig-21 to be a little more durable, but not extraordinarily so.

What server were you playing on?

It seems to work fine on my end in multiplayer. I take a hit to the rear when flying the F-5 and lose my elevators. I hit an F-5 with an R-60 and don't seem to have any issue with effect. If they don't go down immediately, they're crippled. I find the Mig-21 to be a little more durable, but not extraordinarily so.

What server were you playing on?

In 104th server, but with further investigations it seems the AIM-120 is at fault the most.

Well if you're firing AIM-120s at F-5Es, they need all the help they can get :D

Firing a single R-60 at an F-5 from a MiG-21 almost always results in a kill for me.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat