Aircraft contrails have blue colour texture bug

Mustang

Seen this many times and wasn't sure if it was reported

kzhsJmq.jpg

you can see these blue artifacts within the smoke trail at long ranges usually towards the ends of the contrails, when you zoom the view in the smoke renders the correct colour.

I've had weird stuff happen with contrails and smoke, but it's usually flickering on/off and not the blue "chunks" you're getting here.

I'm downloading today's patch, hopefully we get the buildings back :) I'll hafta check to see if contrails are screwy as well.

In my case, weird smoke/contrail effects are sometimes fixed by going back to an older version of the video card driver.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

Aircraft contrails have blue colour texture bug

FWIW, if this is a new report from ED's perspective, I have had this since 2.5 OB began. Seems like maybe not everyone has this? I've just always assumed it was a known bug, even though I've never seen a report of that here.

Good call to report, Mustang.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by =Buckeye=

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

you can see these blue artifacts within the smoke trail at long ranges usually towards the ends of the contrails, when you zoom the view in the smoke renders the correct colour.

Greetings Mustang, I've just gotten the newest update and haven't noticed this problem yet... My contrails seem fine except that they still flicker on and off sometimes. As I mentioned, I've always run into that in DCS.

That being said, the sim now runs much, much better than it ever did! And we even have the buildings and vehicles back in Nevada :)

Try checking to make sure that you have the latest video card driver, sometimes that causes some seriously weird stuff to happen.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

I have the same effect, also since 2.5 came out and still after the latest update.

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

This also happens to me. It is a function of distance and/or zoom, so I assume when the contrail is big enough on screen its rendering is changed and then it works ok. If I zoom in or move closer I see the contrail OK, if I zoom out or move the camera farther, it looks wrong.

DCS Rosetta, my automatic DCS mission and campaign translator: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233877

Just started noticing this today. It seems to happen at high altitudes. Not a big deal, but it's certainly there.

AD

Kit:

Same bug here since the beginning of 2.5

SILVER 11 | Dedde

DCS MODULES: A-10C; F-15C ; M2000C; AV-8B N/A; F/A-18C; SA342; CA.

Asus PRIME Z490-P Intel Core i7 10700K @4.9 GHzNvidia GeForce GTX1070 8GbCorsair Vengeance LPX Black 32Gb (2x16Gb) DDR4 @3200MHzSamsung 850 EVO 256GbSamsung 24" 1920x1080 @60HzTrackIr 5; Hotas Warthog; Thrustmaster TFRP; Turtle Beach PX22;