Issue with F86F Setup (labels and rudder)

Any help grateful wellcome! :helpsmilie:

Just gaining my first experience with DCS! First of all: I was excited when flying the F86F, A10 Warthog and the L-39 with the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog Joystike, Duel Throttles and TFRP T.Flight Rudder. I modified the setup profiles for the F86F and L-39 to adaped them to the HOTAS flight control equipment. All profiles for each aircraft worked as expected. But on day after creating a mission for the F86F two strange thing happend!

1) Starting the mission a uge compass rose appeared in the right upper corner oft he screen. On the reflector glass in addition to the sight reticle a red circel on the front reflector is shown. The targets are now labeled with big red triangles. May be, I tickmarked labels what I do somtimes but I never saw such uge labels and a compass rose and I could not reset the labes.. Whatever mission I am now trying with the F86F, quick start or own created missions with different settings without labels: I cannot delete the above discribed setting. And this unwanted desaster is only affecting the F86F and not the A10 and L-39.

2) Since that event when setting thrust at the same time the rudder deflects although the rudder axis is seperately set to Z independent of he throttle Z axis.

Edited by tayaar1948

purhaps you need to delete your user config.lua file in the save games folder for dcs

Targs,

GTX 1080ti, Asus Hero XI, Intel 9900KF @4.2MHz, 32g DDR4@3200Mhz, 4x 1Tb SSD 1x 400g m.2mvme(boot), 28" Samsung 4k, Saitek X-56 Throttle/Warthog Stick and Saitek Pro Flight Pedals.

Moduls

All of the NATO jets, and all the choppers..

DEDi MP [62AW] The Blackbirds Brisbane

1.Make sure you're not in some variant of game mode. Reticles around targets sounds like the sort if thing that might happen there.

2. Still sounds like a axis conflict. Bear in mind there are separate menus for game mode and sim/real controls. If you git switched to game mode as I suspect, you'd be running a different control set from what you're looking at.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Sounds a lot like you are in game mode, go into the gameplay settings and make sure that "Game Flight Mode" and "Game Avionics Mode" are turned off. I've seen it turned on for a few people without them personally doing this, but it'll stay off once you've turned it off.

I'm thinking that your Rudder/Throttle issue is also related to this as you've probably bound the Sim Keybindings but now its using the game bindings that you havent changed, so the previous should fix both problems.

Hi Etirion,

thanks for your hints. I tried it as well as the hints I got from other experts, but nothing helps. The strange thing, when I press ESC and check the settings, it shows the correct reaction of the controls but does not take it in the simulation mode or game mode. And again, it only affects the F86F.

I am now so frustrated that I am on the way to save the lua files as fare as I am sure they are not causing this mess, deinstall DCS an install it completely new.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Etirion,

thanks for your hints. I tried it as well as the hints I got from other experts, but nothing helps. The strange thing, when I press ESC and check the settings, it shows the correct reaction of the controls but does not take it in the simulation mode or game mode. And again, it only affects the F86F.

I am now so frustrated that I am on the way to save the lua files as fare as I am sure they are not causing this mess, deinstall DCS an install it completely new.

Hi, well it seems that Im not the only one. It happens to me with the F16 and with the F86 too!!

Edited by Ferchu1976

Just to check, make sure you have no other controllers mapped to the same functions...DCS is notorious for double-mapping inputs. Also, clear out any keyboard commands you don't anticipate using.

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]