Flat shadows effects are broken on some surfaces

Mustang

Flat shadow effects need some tuning, on water surfaces the shadow breaks up into segments

JgF1Mnd.jpg

and with own players shadow it can be seen frequently from the cockpit again breaking up randomly into segments

fOuBjJK.jpg

DZBhQNU.jpg

default shadow setting is NOT affected by this bug.

They have been like that since I can remember in 2.x however in general even flat shadows looks pretty good in 2.5.

e.g. I land the Gaz in the shade of a tree and watch the shadows move as the trees and grass moves with the wind looks great now but it will be amazing when it's all working. :)

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

• 5 weeks later...

Isn't that the idea of flat shadows, that they stay flat and don't conform to non-flat terrain (or otherwise) surfaces, thus saving some CPU cycles?

When enabling the default shadows in DCS, that issue is completely gone and, on the plus side, doesn't seem to harm performance that much (at least not on my rig in VR). On the other hand, default shadows seem to have more jaggies at different angles.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com