Campaign Defeat After First Mission

I'm not sure what I did wrong in mission 1, but after I ended the mission I got a "Campaign Defeat" prompt.

I started the plane, formed up on the Commanders wing and then returned to the airfield when I was told to??? Did I miss something?

Hi,

A mission is considered a success if the player remains alive and at least 10 minutes pass since the start. These are the only conditions, so you either returned too soon, or for some reason or another the game considered you lost. It has never happened to me after playing the first mission 50 times at least.

Can anyone else comment on this? Have you guys been able to proceed to the 2nd mission?

Hi,

A mission is considered a success if the player remains alive and at least 10 minutes pass since the start. These are the only conditions, so you either returned too soon, or for some reason or another the game considered you lost. It has never happened to me after playing the first mission 50 times at least.

Can anyone else comment on this? Have you guys been able to proceed to the 2nd mission?

Just played it a second time - same thing. Only thing I can think of is when the Commander says he'll see you back at base he zooms up through the cloud ceiling, whereas I stay low under the clouds.

I landed back at the airfield before the commander, would that make a difference?

No that doesn't matter. Can you check what happens if you spawn, then just wait on the ground for 10 minutes without even starting up, then hit "finish"?

Hmm, that worked - I passed the mission.

I guess previously it considered me lost somehow??

Edit: When I say I landed before the Commander in the previous post, it was only 60 seconds or so earlier.

Played the second mission - again failed. I took off as instructed, flew with the other flight across the channel, engaged the enemy and flew back to England. I landed back at the airfield and shutdown, then exited the plane. Could the campaign have recognised me exiting the plane as a death even though I had landed and shutdown?

Also, I have now been reverted back to replay mission 1 instead of mission 2???

Edit: After checking the Tacview, it recognised me as destroyed as soon as I exited the plane after landing & shutting down. My bad :doh:

Edited by _Spad_

• 3 weeks later...

I'm loving this campaign! Great work Reflected. Only issue I'm having is when I get shot down (but successfully bail out), it fails the mission (fine), but rather than let me refly it if I leave DCS and come back, it reverts me back to the previous mission (eg: I fail mission 4, I logout of DCS, I log back in and now I can only see Mission 3 as available). I'd rather not have to repeat the same missions constantly. Has the update you mentioned been pushed by ED yet? Also I don't seem to be able to find the campaign as single missions - I was assuming it would be under users/<myname>saved games/eagle dynamics/dcs.openbeta/missions/campaigns/etc. Can you point me in the right direction? Many Thanks