Do you Think ED will support Hand Tracking?

Larkis

They probably don't know yet what can be done with that new technology.

I think when Oculus eventually pumps it out to Beta channel it will be very limited.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

They do have some sort of captoglove support, which I'm not sure actually works.

I use point control which does work and is "finger tracking" and is about as good as it gets in VR at the moment.

There is a guy here using leap-motion hand trackers and getting them working in DCS as well.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Capto Glove are on Sale :

https://www.captoglove.com/shop/

Is somebody here using the Glooves already for DCS?

Functional Handtracking would be the Final Step for Maximum Immersion in my DCS VR Motionsimulator

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

https://www.oculus.com/blog/thumbs-up-hand-tracking-now-available-on-oculus-quest/

Do you think ED will try to implement that? Using every switch just with the Hands could be awesome. :D

Hand tracking support is already implemented to some degree. It currently supports Captoglove hand tracking devices. You can enable it in the special options menu in DCS. There are also some videos on youtube demonstrating its functionality ingame.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yes,but nobody use it here in the Forum to get Feedback, how it works.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

Yes,but nobody use it here in the Forum to get Feedback, how it works.

There's probably a clue in there...

:smilewink:

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Yes, when ED Implements Capto Glove, why they don't make a Video with the new supportet Hardware, to show us how good it works?

I think they only support the Copto Glove Driver ,but didn't get the Hardware to test it with DCS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes,but both Videos shows only Basic Stuff. A complete F/A-18 Mission with a Coldstart ,would be more interesting.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Capto Glove are on Sale :

https://www.captoglove.com/shop/

Is somebody here using the Glooves already for DCS?

Functional Handtracking would be the Final Step for Maximum Immersion in my DCS VR Motionsimulator

You want to search for point control, since that actually works.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Some examples

capto glove

Sensoryx

@bignewy

Does anyone on the fourm actually use this? Do you?

Because what I have seen, these videos are great and all, but I have yet to see a single user report that it actually works in DCS as it should. However I have seen several posts that they do not. That's a huge red-flag for me. I'm happy to buy them IF they actually work as designed. But if they do maybe wags or someone needs to make some videos of them working and how to get them working. Aside from some old sales videos.

To date I'm using Miles point control, which does work, as witnessed by a few hundred users. Captoglove from what I've read has 0 working users to date. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but frankly I think you are wrong.

Respectfully Please clarify with some actual proof. Or on the other hand please watch the "outlaw Joesy wales" and the "raining scene"

Edited by Harlikwin

You want to search for point control, since that actually works.
I'm #299, but would also like to see a real DCS Review about Capto Glove.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Captoglove still looks like a mouse emulator with hand gestures... The "mousepointer" is always in the center of the screen. Basicly a 20$ fingermouse will do the same thing.

The VRFree Gloves looks a lot more promising, but 650$ :megalol:

PointCTRL works and it gets great direct support by a Miles and his small team of helpers.:thumbup:

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

The thing with hand tracking is I suspect if its not perfect it will probably be more immersion breaking than its worth, and I can't imagine we are anywhere close to perfection yet! It will really need to feel as if you are truly interacting with the AC or else will probably be inferior to just clicking buttons on the HOTAS while glancing elsewhere, or issuing commands via voice attack/to my copilot. I won't be investing until I hear people raving about it!

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Got my Oculus Quest on standby just waiting on the update to Version 12 so I can check out some of the hand and finger tracking Oculus has been working on.

Granted not for these flight sims just yet, but perhaps a peek into the near future.

Don B

The Oculus Handtracking is for swipe Websites and Start Apps,but nothing for Cockpit Controls at all.

I think PointCtrl is the way to go.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
@bignewy

Does anyone on the fourm actually use this? Do you?

Respectfully Please clarify with some actual proof. Or on the other hand please watch the "outlaw Joesy wales" and the "raining scene"

No I don't own it, if I did I would happily do a video for you, and I don't have any figures for you.

I have a VIVE COSMOS now and I am waiting for the built in hand tracking they have spoken of with the removable front plate on the COSMOS.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The Oculus Handtracking is for swipe Websites and Start Apps,but nothing for Cockpit Controls at all.

I think PointCtrl is the way to go.

More importantly the Oculus Hand Tracking is only for Quest, at least currently. No official word on whether it will come to the Rift software.

I look forward to some good developments from Oculus on this technology though over the coming months.

Don B

I don't think this tech will be useful in DCS any time soon . The problem is that the tracking and switch-actuating functions are integrated . Thus you would have to move VERY slowly or in unrealistic arcs to avoid indadvertent switch activations . IRL , you could "brush" your hand over rows of switches until you reach the one you want , but the hand-tracker can't tell the difference between a "brush" or an activation .

I think that at the very least integrated haptics will be required to make hand-tracking useful in DCS . It may require force-gradient sensing as well .

In the interim , i think it might be useful for pit-builders who fly in VR , but that must be a very small percentage of our community .

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

IMHO, ED should ASAP implement support for Leap Motion, especially its ORION SDK. So that not just VR users, but as well 2D display users can get a virtual 3D mouse cursor in cockpit to click things (pointer follows index finger tip) or rotate knobs etc (index finger and thumb tips used to find when user grabs a knob and how the rotation is done by tracking the whole hand turning).

That ED should have done years ago already...

And now notice how only time when the action is taken, is when one pinch index and thumb together.

I wouldn't mind in DCS cockpit to see such "skeleton" hand instead gloves, but the virtual gloves could work as well with that. But if there are buttons, I would like to push them just with index finger. If there are switches, then need to "pinch" them, as well knobs. And if there are handles like ejection seat or landing chute, then grab them.

Valve Index has the slot especially for this kind projects in minds!

https://preview.redd.it/73d2w98mes731.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&742a7add

That is a fancy, a Leap Motion used to emulate the Index controllers in SteamVR. So you don't need to have Index controllers to have a individual finger tracking etc.

What could ED do with all these already existing drivers and so on for Leap Motion...

Edited by Fri13

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

This would be be perfect and affordable for everyone who likes DCS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The thing with hand tracking is I suspect if its not perfect it will probably be more immersion breaking than its worth, and I can't imagine we are anywhere close to perfection yet! It will really need to feel as if you are truly interacting with the AC or else will probably be inferior to just clicking buttons on the HOTAS while glancing elsewhere, or issuing commands via voice attack/to my copilot. I won't be investing until I hear people raving about it!

You're wrong IMO. Point control works today, and its not immersion breaking even if you don't have it setup just right in my experience. It is annoying though. And I very much can keep my HOTAS mapped like in real life, AND click on everything else in the pit, just like I would if I were actually flying it. Super immersive.

This would be be perfect and affordable for everyone who likes DCS.

They have to be able to get switch up, down, and rotate as some sort of gesture for it work in DCS. And there is thread about a guy doing just that for DCS here a week or two ago. I think he even said he god the salute gesture figured out for cat launch.