Triggered messages not visible

MisterVince

Hi,

Whenever I trigger a message to show up under certain conditions with the Mission Editor, I can't see it when playing the mission.

I can't also see those messages anymore on missions I built previously, that worked perfectly until now.

Here is a simple mission that illustrates my problem: I trigger 4 messages to show up by radio menu, but for all of them I am not able to see them.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

messages test.miz

Kind regards,

Vince

PC:

i5-7300HQ@2,5GHz | nVidia GTX 1050 Ti | 8Gb RAM | 256GB SSD for Windows+DCS | Windows10

Modules:

Mirage2000C | AV-8B N/A | MiG-21Bis | F-5E | L-39 | Gazelle | FC3

Combined Arms | Supercarrier

NTTR | Persian Gulf

Of course ! I think you did not understand my problem (I may not have been absolutely clear too).

What I don't see are the messages that should appear when you create a certain trigger.

For example you can send a "message to a coalition" "message to all" "message to a country", by setting a trigger.

In my missions, whenever I do this, the message does not appear after the trigger is triggered. However, I know that the triggers work, because if I set the trigger to play a message plus to do anything else, everything is done, except I can't see the message.

Take a look at the mission I attached in the first post for example, and tell me if anything happens by pressing each F10 radio menu.

In my case I see nothing.

Kind regards,

Vince

PC:

i5-7300HQ@2,5GHz | nVidia GTX 1050 Ti | 8Gb RAM | 256GB SSD for Windows+DCS | Windows10

Modules:

NTTR | Persian Gulf

the messages appeared on screen correctly for me. I did only test it in the mission editor though.

Alright ! Thanks a lot for telling me this !

So here is my problem: I can't see the messages, why is that so ? what could possibly be the origin of that problem ?

(It is the reason why I originally posted this thread inside the bug section but it was moved here).

I tried a clean up and a repair of my game, I looked into my settings but I don't see anything that could disable those messages. In fact I really don't see where this problem could come from, which makes me think it is a bug.

Thanks a lot again for your help Sunstag, I really appreciate.

I wish this thread could be moved again to the "released version bug & problem" section, which seems more appropriate.

Kind regards,

Vince

PC:

Modules:

NTTR | Persian Gulf

I tried to see if the problem came from SimpleRadio (as I already had some problems related to it, and I only use it and Tacview aside the original game).

So I disabled every SRS file in the User/SaveGames/DCS/Scripts, but the problem still occurs, which make me think the problem is not related to SimpleRadio.

Kind regards,

Vince

PC:

Modules:

NTTR | Persian Gulf

• 5 years later...