Save password not working

STP Dragon

Hi guys!

I have two PCs.

The 1st one is my gaming PC. When I start the Multiplayer I can save the login and password to connect to the master server. This is working fine.

The 2nd PC is my server PC. There I checked the hook "save password" too but it is not working. Every time I restart the Multiplayer I have to enter the login and passwort again although I checked the hook "save password".

Is there write protected file I have to un-protect? :helpsmilie:

It is really strange. Since I moved in my new home I have problems with this PC.

1. I have a "exchange folder" located on the game-PC to deliver files between game PC and server PC by LAN. Since I'm in the new home I only can add files to this folder using the game PC. I'm able to copy the files to the server but if I want to add files FROM the server into the folder a message apper "You have no permission".

2. Every time I'm starting the server PC and windows is starting up the internet connection get lost. The router gets a PPPoE timeout and have to reboot.

3. Password can not be saved in multiplayer.

Can this have one and the same error source?

Hey Dragon,

I can confirm the behaviour mentioned in item 3. On my personal pc I can save the password fine, no problem. But each time I start DCS on our server, which I remotely access through TeamViewer, I always have to fill in user and password, even when I check "Save password."

I do not have any information on your other two items.

B

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

Hey Dragon,

I can confirm the behaviour mentioned in item 3. On my personal pc I can save the password fine, no problem. But each time I start DCS on our server, which I remotely access through TeamViewer, I always have to fill in user and password, even when I check "Save password."

I do not have any information on your other two items.

B

Hm... what settings do you have for your server? What is different to your gaming PC?

The only differneces I know on my server are:

- 3D render = false

- Screen resolution and graphic settings to lowest setting

Maybe it is a problem of the resolution?

I remember a resolution problem in the joining list of the missions (ESC).

If you had a low resolution and scrolled the joining list, the playernames disappeard.

@Dragon : yes, same settings here.

@ED : is this a known problem ?

B

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

has anything been changed on the masterserver-side ?

Today DCS-World, running on a remote-server accessed through TeamViewer, remembered the login and password after a cold reboot of the machine.

Keeping fingers crossed that it'll stay that way.

B

I had no problems getting DCS to remember my password. I think it will only remember it if the server closes down properly. Most of the time servers seem to close by crashing so maybe this is the problem?

Most of the time servers seem to close by crashing so maybe this is the problem?

No, that is not the problem, we do see the occasional crash, but more often than not, the server does not crash.

B

mmm, must've been a fluke. I'm back to inputting name and password again.

Bummer