Guide to Multiplayer

neroroxxx

Hey Guys, is there a guide to multiplayer by any chance or a place where i can learn a bit on how to use it? i've been flying with flaming cliffs for years on an off but only in single player, not im on fc2, warthog, p-51d and bs (which i don't play just bought it to support ED).

I would love to learn how to log in, how missions are played, you just log in take off and kill things? whats the deal? thanks!!!

Nero

27" iMac, 3.4GHz i7 Quad Core, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2Gb, Running Bootcamp, Windows 7 Home 64bit, Saitek X-52 Pro

Lots of people can give you loads of advice regarding this mate.

To be honest, the types of questions you have asked would take a good while to sit down and answer them all properly!

The absolute best thing you can do sir is get TeamSpeak 3 if you don't have it already.

Find someone who you can do your 'first' online flights with and have a go at it.

Eg.. make a friend that knows what he is doing... and ask him everything!

The 104th has a teamspeak server:

64.34.162.240:9102

pass = phoenix

Your more than welcome to come in here at anytime sir to ask one of our members / guests a question.

Most Squadrons have their on teamspeak that they allow the public to join.

I suggest you post specifically what you want to do ...

ie ... some online flights in a fast jet in FC2 or something like that.

Then someone will post on here to let you know they can help and what their team-speak details are!

A short typed response to your questions:

1: Yes just join any MP server, tell them you are new and ask for help. As long as you have read the manual people WILL give you help. Just dont expect any help if you join and ask how to start engines!

2: Loggin in is very simple... you just start up the MP client then choose a server to join.

Once you are in the server you simply select the aircraft you want to fly... click BRIEF to read the briefing for the mission then select FLY!

And your off!

Best of luck sir.... MP is extremely rewarding however it is also very challenging.. more so in many cases than single player! So be prepared to have your ass more or less handed to you for the first little while.

As long as you keep the right attitude 'Learn why you got shot and don't get angry' you'll get much better.... very quickly!

S!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

I agree with Maverick. Human beings are better than AI. Also TS is very useful. You don't have to have a mic as I've got very good at typing while flying. I even managed to type in pre contact with the tanker once. :D Doesn't work for more than a few people doing that though and mics are cheap these days. I'd recommend you pick one up.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

Thank you very much gentlemen! i will download teamspeak 3 and take it from there. thank you!

Nero

27" iMac, 3.4GHz i7 Quad Core, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2Gb, Running Bootcamp, Windows 7 Home 64bit, Saitek X-52 Pro