Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

Alpen that newish mission where Red start at Maykop the mig-19 has limited available weapons and fuel tanks. We ran out of external tanks before the end of the mission last night buf.

Well, you guys have been riding that Farmer like crazy. A little wonder the fuel tanks have gone missing at some point :smilewink:

Weapons, fuel tanks, etc are limited. This is the "new" format. Not very new though.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Regarding the F-14 release:

What do you think about having a very simple, special guns only dogfight mission F-14 vs Mig-15/19 and of course the mighty Mig-28? That could be something interesting.

Trying to gun down F-14s with a Mig-15 sounds quite fun to me. :joystick:

Regarding the F-14 release:

What do you think about having a very simple, special guns only dogfight mission F-14 vs Mig-15/19 and of course the mighty Mig-28? That could be something interesting.

Trying to gun down F-14s with a Mig-15 sounds quite fun to me. :joystick:

That's why there is a Just Dogfight server out there, where you can also have exactly that. Not here though, buddy.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Come on! I have already tried to persuade You to change to rear aspect missiles only way back in October:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3668965&postcount=334

You said: No!

Turned out to be fun in the end. :)

Believe me: prehistoric Migs vs F-14 guns only dogfight is the way to go! :lol:

Try harder this time then :smilewink:

I have talked about the F-14 quite often on this thread. Always saying it wont happen. It's not a me vs you thing and let's see who persuades who. I'm just not into messing it up for the Fishbed and the Tiger by adding F-14's, MiG-29's, etc., although they would fit somehow. But then all modules would fit somehow and you have that on other servers, just not here.

There will be F-14 tournaments though. They will be in conjunction with the 104th server and maybe other tournaments running on this server every week or every other week.

We'll see...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Try harder this time then :smilewink:

I have talked about the F-14 quite often on this thread. Always saying it wont happen. It's not a me vs you thing and let's see who persuades who. I'm just not into messing it up for the Fishbed and the Tiger by adding F-14's, MiG-29's, etc., although they would fit somehow. But then all modules would fit somehow and you have that on other servers, just not here.

There will be F-14 tournaments though. They will be in conjunction with the 104th server and maybe other tournaments running on this server every week or every other week.

We'll see...

:thumbup:

Understood, and just to be clear, what I was suggesting was just a temporary special mission for the initial tomcat release frenzy. I would never want to upset the current main Mig-21 vs F-5 theme!

:thumbup:

Understood, and just to be clear, what I was suggesting was just a temporary special mission for the initial tomcat release frenzy. I would never want to upset the current main Mig-21 vs F-5 theme!

I wouldn’t be surprised if Alpen in the long run would give into a mission or two with the F-14 flying around... with very limited armament, I’d assume...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t be surprised if Alpen in the long run would give into a mission or two with the F-14 flying around... with very limited armament, I’d assume...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NO!

That is not what I have suggested. Couple of competent F-14s would wreck the other team even with sidewinders only... Then the remaining few would leave.

The regular missions should stay 2. and 3rd gen only.

Having an event, when a coordinated MiG-21/19 team would take on F-14s, now that’s an other question. That would be fun. But that could only work prearranged with coordinated teams with GCI and such.

Had a good sortie on this server - it's edited. The Farmer ain't that bad after all...if you get bandits with full tanks ;)

I like your editing. Nice flying. Feel free to post more videos, my friend :thumbup:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

As a Viggenite I must say that the Mig-19 is actually way harder to kill in a dogfight than a Mig-21. Much better turning radius than both the Mig-21 and the Viggen.

It's a good addition to the Cold war server! :thumbup:

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

the mig19 is really nice on the server and fits perfectly

it really turns way tighter than the f5 and is hard to shake off once its behind ... really had a great time last night! :D

hm today i didn't notice that much damage model problems with 21s ... but i could be wrong ...

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

can i ask why on the f5 the best aim9 is banned? the mig 21 damage module got fix? or still takes 2 f5 missiles plus gun shots to take it down?

All of the best missiles are "banned". The goal is to have only rear aspect missiles. The dm of mig 21 is not fixed the guys over at magnitude are just stupid. The mig 21 is a sidewinder eater at the moment. Unfortunately this ruins the server.

Mig 19 is great balance between the 15 and 21.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

I keep forgetting to test the MiG-21 damage model, whenever I feel the thump of a missile hit and see my wing is more fire than actual wing I just eject...

Is it really that much harder to kill than a Viggen? Those things catch fire and lose their canards, catch fire, and still keep fighting until they're out of ordinance then they succesfully return to base at least 1\3 times.

Working on a new mission already, but I'll take my time. This time around, 4 hours of the mission will be during the day and the last 2 hours of it during the evening hours/at night.

I just want to see how the night touch to the mission might affect things. Maybe with B-52's flying high for MiG-19's to bring out their radars and night intercepting skills.

Share your thoughts and suggestions, please.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments